On 12/11/2018 at 7:50 PM, JD Wang said:

To be fair I've shot close to players with a 23mm ZU canon in Zeus and watched them do the exact same thing :rofl:

That's when you realise there should be another VCOM mod but for players

• Haha 2

I went ahead and decided to shoot at them with a ZU just for fun and guess what happened... they all went down, stayed put and didn't even bother to peep and shoot back. Conclusion of the experiment: AI doesn't care too much about rifles but when ZU is in town it's time to show some respect.

• Haha 1

What about smoke grenades? I noticed that ai don't use smoke in current version of Vcom, it's not implemented yet?

Tested the current dev build a bit. No visible errors.

It didn't seem FFE was used. Only when I set to use classic VCOM arti shells started raining.

"VCM_ARTYENABLE" is double in the current config so maybe this was the cause.

Nice to see the new CBA menus for all settings. Also whats that build about smarter tanks? :)

Would be nice to have UAV usage and smoke shells back. Also noted that AI doesn't care much about cover when advancing towards a bulletstorm.
Also it seems AI never use grenades if they have ammo for primary weapon. Also rifle grenades

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2018 at 11:06 PM, b0s said:

Tested the current dev build a bit. No visible errors.

It didn't seem FFE was used. Only when I set to use classic VCOM arti shells started raining.

"VCM_ARTYENABLE" is double in the current config so maybe this was the cause.

Nice to see the new CBA menus for all settings. Also whats that build about smarter tanks? :)

Would be nice to have UAV usage and smoke shells back. Also noted that AI doesn't care much about cover when advancing towards a bulletstorm.
Also it seems AI never use grenades if they have ammo for primary weapon. Also rifle grenades

AI are using grenades fine on my end,both hand and underbarrel.

But ye...really hope Genesis adds in smoke throwing for AI sometime.As far as i remember vanilla AI used smoke plenty of the time,so VCOM "breaks" that?Some function perhaps in the AI behaviour.

Two things iv noticed

AI are unpacking the UAV's but obviously not using them.

Setting mine laying chance to 0 doesn't stop AI laying mines in combat. (EDIT:Tested on spawned in units if it matters)

And a final question:

Its mentioned that AI will take up building positions sometimes in combat.However im not seeing it alot(once in a few hours)

Is there anyway of increasing this value?I would love some house clearing action.On the other hand the AI do a damn fine job of clearing the house im currently in,or other enemy AI for that matter

• Thanks 1

@redarmy

Its mentioned that AI will take up building positions sometimes in combat.However im not seeing it alot(once in a few hours)

Is there anyway of increasing this value?I would love some house clearing action.On the other hand the AI do a damn fine job of clearing the house im currently in,or other enemy AI for that matter

There was an issue with it that made so that the function is never actually called. This has been fixed in the next update of Vcom.
Furthermore, you will be able to configure the frequency of it happening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Freddo3000 said:

@redarmy

There was an issue with it that made so that the function is never actually called. This has been fixed in the next update of Vcom.
Furthermore, you will be able to configure the frequency of it happening.

Wow that's bloody fantastic.

Seriously best news to start the day with.

The BTC Hearts and Minds mission has this cool effect where the AI will launch (although it may just spawn) drones which will fly over you and drop handgrenades.
There's plenty of evidence of ISIS using drones to drop 40mm grenades etc from drones, was just thinking it would be kind of cool is if VCOM could take that into account (with the option to disable of course) when you guys get back to working on the AI use of drones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JD Wang said:

The BTC Hearts and Minds mission has this cool effect where the AI will launch (although it may just spawn) drones which will fly over you and drop handgrenades.
There's plenty of evidence of ISIS using drones to drop 40mm grenades etc from drones, was just thinking it would be kind of cool is if VCOM could take that into account (with the option to disable of course) when you guys get back to working on the AI use of drones.

As far i know they use drone like an IED too, the drone carry an explosive device and its detonated by somebody or if manipulated...

@Freddo3000 I noticed you had a 3.2 release branch up on the GitHub. Does it have a changelog available for it so we can see what was worked on for that one?

1 minute ago, Freddo3000 said:

@Nichols

The changelog.txt on the branch should be up to date.

This is the one I am talking about https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/tree/release/3.2

It seems that the AI are a little more stupid now compared to previous versions. I am not seeing them flank at all now in 3.1; but they seem to run directly into the area. Last night we had a group in Vagalala on Tanoa near the gas station that was over 1km away from the group I was in on the hill due south of the town on a cliff, not exposed to the world below by the jungle, wearing camo and laying still. The AI spawned in via ALiVE and then once they were fulling in they made a beeline directly for the location and even when in the trees they only attempted to change course when they could not climb a vertical rock wall to get up to us.

Also still seeing a lot of AI using the mines on death even though I have gone down to 10 and under on the "VCM_MINECHANCE = 10; //Chance to lay a mine" in the AISettingsV3.hpp file trying to keep that from happening all the time.

@Nichols

The issue with AI bee-lining for players have been resolved, namely AI had a function that would cause them to move towards closest known enemy, which didn't have a maximum range.

AI not flanking is probably due to that a maximum flanking distance was added, set at 300m. This is likely set too low, and will be upped in the next update as well as having a config option added.

Mines being placed while dying has hopefully been resolved on release branch, if the issue is occurring on release branch please do create an issue on the Github.

• Like 3

Hi, is there any current tutorial for setting up VCOMai MOD on a server? Thanks.

Was playing around with the 3.2 test build and noticed Civilians are back to investigating dead bodies as per https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/issues/29

Really cool to see VCOM AI driving in there as well. Really excited for the next release.

Keep up the awesome work, and thanks again

• Like 2

Ok I have a little bit of a niche case that I'm hoping someone much smarter than I can help me with.
I make a lot of ALiVE missions, and I'm not a huge fan of the way ALiVE will leave groups garrisoned in buildings etc. You'll often find some members of a group in a building while the team leader stands out in the open refusing to move from the spot he's in, even when under fire.

While testing I found that using the ace ungarrison module in zeus actually free's the units and lets them maneuver in battle rather than just staying in the one spot the whole time. 

So I had a thought, is there a way to tap into the VCOM hearing function or something like that and ungarrison these groups once they detect enemy nearby? I'd rather leave it to VCOM to decide if these troops should garrison the building or not.

I'm having a few major issues in the latest version: commaning AI is useless. In combat mode, they don't listen at all. When I tell them to regroup, it instead says "join group". When I have infantry following me on foot while I'm in a vehicle, they will not listen to the stop or move command, they just keep following, and when combat begins, they get in my way. They also refuse to switch to aware when I order them to, if they are in combat mode.

Another issue: If your character dies and you swiitch to another guy in the group to command the squad, they absolutely will not follow orders, but on top of this, a few seem to get stuck in some radio glitch where they say the same thing on the radio over and over and over again.

And I hate to say this, but the explosives glitch is still not fixed: if carrying mines, explosives, etc, your character will lay them down without you wanting to. Sometime, it does the mine laying animation when you don't have anything.

Im not sure about this mod but i do know from fiddling with AI that when they are given DoMove type commands it sometimes takes away your ability to command them. Usually pressing 0-1 (ie Done) command returns things to normal.

@Markkos26

try this event handler:

inGameUISetEventHandler ["Action", " if (_this select 3 == 'Assemble') then { hint 'You are not allowed to do this'; true } "];

Not sure its gona work on AI

49 minutes ago, redarmy said:

@Markkos26

try this event handler:

Not sure its gona work on AI

"enableWeaponDisassembly false;" works but i want to set it only to IA units.

I run a dedicated server with AI serverside, i need to run VCOM only on the server?