On 8/21/2020 at 7:06 PM, froggyluv said:

"ActsPercMrunSlowWrflDf_FlipFlopPara"

Think its from Arma 2 but is loaded into the Iron Front Mod which i usually have running so i can call it. I use it for Special Forces guys when they are under fire. Also will your Enhanced Movement guys scale small rock face at all? I just love seeing those guys were you dont normally suspect them

I remember that animation...now that I am thinking about it...I thought A3 had it as well.

And yes, the AI will climb rock faces. I'm not sure to what extent they will, but I have seen them mount boulders to engage others.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, avibird 1 said:

Hello I need some confirmation. I recently started using the Vcom again I have not used it in a few years. I have been using GAIA to populate AO and for my enhanced AI behavior.

1. I downloaded the mod through steam.  I see it working but I don't see a userconfig folder in my steam app common ect Pathway. I have a file patching enabled from startup parameters but do need to make a user config folder. I use a few other mods consistently that I don't have any issues with CUP MCC4 enhance movements ect. 

2. After a group is controlled by Vcom and the threat is eliminated will the group just sit around for new orders or will Vcom issue new patrol orders ? The reason why is I am trying to see if GAIA is compatible with Vcom. Gaia will contol patrols in smaller areas and I want Vcom used a the main reinforcements to the multiple AO in this mission. Gaia will keep issuing new move orders around a set zone (AO) or I can give it the ability to move out of its zone. What I am seeing Vcom will take over the gaia units when in combat mode but when the threat is eliminated the group will go back to gaia and continued its random generated waypoints within the zone while the units only under Vcom will just sit around waiting for the action to occur again. Does this sound right with vcom or does it issue continuous waypoints even when not in combat mode?

3. Using the vanilla patrol radius option works as well. Units will spawn inside houses with a move waypoint with a 100-200 meter radius for patrol. The units will patrol until contact Vcom then takes over. Once the contact is eliminated the units will continue on their patrol random generated waypoints. Very cool to see. Before I used Vcom the units would just walk about their business with gunfire on the other side of the town which looks pretty dumb lol.

4. I don't see the units using the enhance movement function? Perhaps because no userconfig folder? 

What I am seeing right now vcom and gaia can work together so I think I found the best of both worlds. input would be greatly appreciated still testing the 2 mods together avibird

1) Go into the !Workshop folder and find Vcom, pull the userconfig folder from there into your root A3 folder. Or you can use CBA to edit almost every setting.

2) They will sit around until they are given new orders. Unless the AI are in combat, Vcom should not be assigning new waypoints. 

4) You will need to adjust the settings appropriately. The default is only a 10% chance to use every few seconds or so. Also, everyone on the server needs to be running enhanced movement. The original enhanced movement. Any forked versions WILL NOT WORK.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:19 AM, avibird 1 said:

@genesis92x or anyone else who may know this answer. I believe I found a bug or compatibility issue I really hoping there's an easy fix for it.

When using team switch to a different group of units from your side you lose all squat voice communication you can't hear squad mates call out targets for help or any auditory communication. If you team switch within your group you can. It appears to happen when you team switch out of your group. Has this been reported before or a new issue. 

This mission has two squats of 8 units each this mission is for a single player to control or 2-16 players. I really hope there's a easy fix for this the mod makes encounters so much better and definitely last longer becau se of the AI combat behavior. Avibird.

22 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

@genesis92x with some more test playing it appears to be a conflict with Zeus or just team switch into a different friendly group. I'm able to team switch into  any member of my original  group with no issues I hear the group chatter but once a jump into Zeus all the team charter communication is lost if I switch into a second playable group. i will not even see orders on the screen the group units follow all commands but verbal confirmation of orders issued are not heard or seen.  Does anybody else play with Vcom and Zeus who does not have this issue. Avibird

this enableAI "RADIOPROTOCOL"; should fix it. I believe I disabled it so the AI would respond faster to orders.

• Like 1

@genesis92x do I simple put this in the group leaders init  this enableAI "RADIOPROTOCOL"; or somewhere else? If so please tell. From my testing Vcom and gaia work together. Gaia will give units random patrols in a site marker area and when combat starts Vcom takes over but when combat is over GAIA will take over again win win situation yay 

I must have a userconfig file folder somewhere because the mod is working fine I see AI units jump small fences. I did not do anything other than download it from steam. Did it put the information in my user config folder by itself?  Avibird

@genesis92x it did not work in group init or group leader init but I got it to work using a gamelogic. I don't know if that the best place to run it from if you would suggest a better placement for it it gamelogic is fine. I can use every FPS I can get still playing on my PC that was builds for armor 2 in 2009  11 year old but I'm holding out for the specs for arma 4 to invest in a new gaming PC. 

Thank you but I know a lot of people play with Zeus and not having the audio back really sucks. I use  Zeus all the time when testing missions. I can't believe we test play without Zeus all these years 👍 thank you for the assist in this matter. Avibird

I should know better with arma never jump to conclusions. It's still not working. Where do I need to put the code line this enableAI "radio protocol";

Can I just edit where are you did your magic.  Lol can a simple edit line somewhere in one of the files or is it a little more difficult than that. Avibird I can't play with no voice 😥 lol

Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask about an improvement to the AI artillery use. AI soldiers requesting an artillery strike from a Sochor against infantry targets, will request a barrage of AP and AT cluster mine shells. I haven't seen this before the update. Was this intentional? If so, thank you! I haven't felt terror like I felt when the enemy fired a 6 round barrage of AP cluster mine shells on my position and everywhere I looked I saw nothing but red triangles. VCOM AI is as essential to Arma 3 game play as a keyboard and mouse!

Screenshots for your viewing pleasure.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2208589815

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2208589826

• Like 1

Hey all, how do you get this to work, does it run singlely with addons as i have dms and ocupation running and seem not to be working at all. So the question is how does it work.....

Yes it works.  Where did you DL it. You must have file patching enabled on your startup parameters. Other than that I just downloaded it from steam. I personally didn't have to make a 

userconfig folder and place it in my root A3. Just place a group of units down with nothing else go start a firefight somewhere and vcom will call the group to assist you or fight you.

1. File patching needs to be enabled

2. You may need to make a user config folder with the Vcom AI sitting file inside the userconfig and put this into your root A3 pathway ( I did not have to do that I just DL set file patching to enable and it works for me.

2 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Yes it works.  Where did you DL it. You must have file patching enabled on your startup parameters. Other than that I just downloaded it from steam. I personally didn't have to make a 

userconfig folder and place it in my root A3. Just place a group of units down with nothing else go start a firefight somewhere and vcom will call the group to assist you or fight you.

1. File patching needs to be enabled

2. You may need to make a user config folder with the Vcom AI sitting file inside the userconfig and put this into your root A3 pathway ( I did not have to do that I just DL set file patching to enable and it works for me.

I dl it from here and manually added to my mission.pbo, file patching has always been active on my server. Is vcom a standalone so you dont need say like occupation or you still need them as this isnt working for me at all, or ive done something wrong.

Go DL from stream it works and I did not have to do anything else other than enabling file patching. I have other issues that I am hoping Genesis can help with. Good luck it's an awesome mod to watch the fighting 😁

17 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Go DL from stream it works and I did not have to do anything else other than enabling file patching. I have other issues that I am hoping Genesis can help with. Good luck it's an awesome mod to watch the fighting 😁

is it a addon mod that it runs on its own or do you need otherthings for the ai.

Also was the mod called from client or server side, client so means everyone needs it or runs off the server.

@rgscriven according to dreadpirate you have to move the userconfig foloder from the mod into your root arma directory pathway with the AI setting file.  I did not have to.  I just DL it from steam workshop and it's works for me. I don't know if you need to but I did not. According to the literature the enhanced movements needs to be enabled on all machines for the AI to use it. I am not sure if everyone needs the Vcom mod or only the host or server I am not at that point in my mission design to be focused on MP requirements I can't get the mod to work properly with teamswitch. I am still waiting to hear from dreadpirate how I can fix that issue. Avibird.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2020 at 10:29 PM, avibird 1 said:

@rgscriven according to dreadpirate you have to move the userconfig foloder from the mod into your root arma directory pathway with the AI setting file.  I did not have to.  I just DL it from steam workshop and it's works for me. I don't know if you need to but I did not. According to the literature the enhanced movements needs to be enabled on all machines for the AI to use it. I am not sure if everyone needs the Vcom mod or only the host or server I am not at that point in my mission design to be focused on MP requirements I can't get the mod to work properly with teamswitch. I am still waiting to hear from dreadpirate how I can fix that issue. Avibird.  

Cheers for the info

• Like 1

If anyone else is using vcom AI with team switch here is a fix to get the group communication back so you can hear and see the group commands again. 

Put this code in an initserver sqf 

waituntil { { _x enableAI "RADIOPROTOCOL"; } foreach allunits;  sleep 5; false };. 

Gaia and Vcom AI work very well together.  It also resolves the issue with vanilla waypoints disappearing once a major engagement occurs with those units  Vcom will take  control of those groups without waypoints now and issue new waypoints based on new contacts. GAIA will continue it random generated waypoints in the zones you setup once the threat has been eliminated.

the major issues using vanilla waypoints is that a group with vanilla waypoints including a cycle at the end of it's waypoint chain  once involved in a heavy engagement for some reason the waypoint chain gets interrupted and never continues once the threat has been eliminated. Units will just sit around and no longer follow it's waypoints this is a Bohemia/arma issues so if you have a few patrols all with cycle waypoints at the end of the  chain. The waypoints will get interrupted and your area patrols are broken even if the threat is eliminated. Units will stay at the location of the last contact.

Gaia Vcom AI work very well together along with Jebus respawn script a perfect combination👍👍👍

• Like 1

First of all, thanks for this amazing mod
I have a question...
Is it possible to get rid of visual suppression impact effects on the screeen when player is under enemy fire as in previous older versions?
Thanks

Is anyone having issues with this command not working 

(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; //This command will disable Vcom AI on a group entirely. 

Units with this command in the group leader init still get orders from VcomAI.

Does the code line need to be in a different place then the group leader init Avibird

You're probably putting it in the Group/Composition init instead of the group leader's Object Init.

@ampersand38 no it's in the group leader init not the group init. These groups are editor placed and not spawned in during the game. The only thing I can do to stop them from getting orders is a hold or garrison waypoints. 

What am I doing wrong 🤣 lol

I feel like a epic failure can't get editor placed group to not have Vcom AI disabled. I am putting this code in the group leader in it 

(group this)setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; //This command will disable Vcom AI on a group entirely.   

Has anyone using vcom AI and 

LAMBS_Danger.fsm together? Any major issues or do they work well together.  Help and thank you.

@avibird 1I am using Vcom and Lamb's in a mod and they work great together.  Here is the Steam page for the mod and if you would like to see the Git here is the link to that.  In the current Steam version I am using an older Lamb's and Vcom but this is changing in the upcoming update.  In the Dev version I've already update to the latest Vcom and it's still working fine.  Right now I'm getting ready to attempt to update to the latest Lamb's to see if there will be issues but I've got my fingers crossed that all will be well.  I've been really impressed with how well these two play together so far and have many people mention that to me as well.  

• Thanks 1

@gerhart for some reason I can't get the disabled feature to work on a few groups that I want to stay in place with sentry - guard waypoints. Other groups I have on disable pathway until certain triggers are met to allow those groups to move again. I don't want all the groups with disabled pathway. These groups are guarding my objectives I need them to stay in place until real contact is made.

This command is not working for me 

(group this)setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true];  //This command will disable Vcom AI on a group entirely.   

The mod's I have enabled

1. Revive AIS wound system (modified)

2. GAIA (MCC4) random patrols 

3. Vcom AI and enhance movements.

All these mod's work great together

4. LAMBS what I am noticing if an AI unit of the playable side is wounded the units will be supine on the ground and the unit will roll and roll and roll like 50 to 100 meters it's kind of funny to see. I think there's a conflict between lambs and AIS wound system. My main concern is being able to select which groups will not be influence by VcomAI. 

8 hours ago, gerhart said:

I am using Vcom and Lamb's in a mod and they work great together...

Why use LAMBS and Vcom together? Aren't they doing basicaly the same?

Gaia is a random patrol script set in  zones like the old upmons.

Vcom AI will generate random waypoints based on known contact. It will overwrite the GAIA waypoints and when no more enemy contact will go back to the zone waypoints. So the groups will still patrol around the zones you setup rather than just standing around waiting for additional contact like with Vcom AI 

Now Lambs does not generate waypoints that you can see it controls AI behavior only in combat mode. But Vcom AI does adjust combat mode as well most people say they are compatible. So to answer your question mostly no 🙂

Not sure I can help as I use this for my shopkeepers and such and it works fine 

(group _unit) setVariable ["VCM_Disable",true];

unit will roll and roll and roll like 50 to 100 meters

I have not witnessed this at all but the mod uses Ace.  Wish I could help you but I really don't know what the issue would be.

• Thanks 1

Hello,
issue detected when the uav drone is deployed the following error appears.

Captura.png

postscript: Congratulations on the mod, it greatly improves the playability of the  ARMA3, it should be canon and add it in the next patch of the game