54 minutes ago, lxlplictz said:

Are the script and steam version any different in performance? 

Same code - no real performance difference. Mod applies the code to EVERY mission - script allows it to be applied to specific missions

17 hours ago, genesis92x said:

You can launch it from the init.sqf.

Hmm. Not like I do it:

- Vanilla ArmA.

- Eden, place some stuff. Preview mission in SP.

- In mission, I start from the debug console: "[] execVM "\scripts\3rdParty\Vcom\vcominit.sqf";

- Errors appear

My guess is I cannot use it as a script without messing in mission files (which I hate), because cfgFunctions or whatever. I guess I have to use the mod with my workflow.

2E183DF6BBB13D2623C74A4CBCA8063923E8CA19

17 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Currently for settings it goes in this order CBA -> userconfig folder -> defaultsettings.sqf 

Looks like I solved the mod issue, no more errors. Your mentioning of CBA brought me there... What I just did was going into the CBA->Addon settings from inside the mission, toggled fore and back and saved settings. Thanks for your patience 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Looks like I solved the mod issue, no more errors. Your mentioning of CBA brought me there... What I just did was going into the CBA->Addon settings from inside the mission, toggled fore and back and saved settings. Thanks for your patience 🙂

Nice work! I will keep this in mind when future issues arise for others.

Thank you tortuosit 🙂

Seeing them mostly hiding well behind bushes, suddenly running to next bush and properly hiding, and often shooting suppressive fire to me... is a real joy. Indeed feels like real players quite often.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2019 at 6:40 PM, genesis92x said:

Oh boy! Something is going wrong there! I've been playing Dissension with ~100 AI going at it with over 60 FPS and 40-50 FPS serverside, not sure what is going on 😐

Been playing with a small squad of people, and we have had improved performance from the last version.

Make sure you updated the userconfig folder, and not running anything twice. I would delete the old Vcom completely and paste in the new code. Double-check .rpt logs for errors messages that might give you a clue as to what is going on.

Is it possible a map like fallujah, with a ton of buildings / alleys, has an effect on performance due to the script? i have tested on different maps and fallujah tends to bog down as soon as the fist shot is fired.

1 hour ago, DirtyDel said:

Is it possible a map like fallujah, with a ton of buildings / alleys, has an effect on performance due to the script? i have tested on different maps and fallujah tends to bog down as soon as the fist shot is fired.

Definitely possible. There are many variables at play, so it gets difficult to track it all down. Especially if many mods are involved. I typically play mostly vanilla , so fringe cases or errors that occur due to mods will most likely not be found until they are reported on GitHub. 

Most commonly drastic FPS losses occur when there is an error that is repeating indefinitely and having to be logged to an .rpt file.  Of course, FPS drops are crazy in ArmA during combat, the engine isn't built for it. And no, it just isn't the particle effects and pathing causing most of the FPS drop 

Try this weird experiment that I tried a few days ago, see if you get similar results.

Load up 100% vanilla ArmA 3, load of Altis and with Zeus. Enable steam FPS counter/find a way to monitor your FPS.

Note your FPS.

Spawn a massive amount of AI on blufor and opfor at the salt flats. (I think I did around ~200 - ~250 per side). 

Note your FPS.

Now make every squad engage at once

Note your FPS (Should be an expected drastic drop in FPS)

Now, kill every unit on the map by selecting them with and pressing the END key with Zeus.

Note your FPS.

Now, delete every dead body 

Note your FPS.

*Make sure to hit backspace to get rid of the Zeus interface when getting your average FPS, as this causes massive FPS hit with lots of units due to draw calls.

This highly un-scientific experiment was repeatable for me and showed surprising results and possible issues with the ArmA 3 engine.

To elaborate: To not use exact numbers, as I am typing this away from my computer, the FPS did go down with over 300 idle AI standing around, although not by as much as I expected.

Once battle started, my FPS expectedly tanked. 

Here's the weird thing, you would expect that once everyone was killed (not deleted), the FPS would return to some decent numbers. But it doesn't (at least for me), it stays low. Without a single AI pathing, shooting, commanding, or even animating. It didn't even return back to the 300 idle AI FPS like I expected it to. The FPS stayed extremely low. This only changed once I deleted all the AI.

Why is this? My guess is that it has something to do with the engine targetknowledge system? AI that are dead do not remain as ragdolls...so it can't be a physX thing?

Keep in mind, this was 100% vanilla AI/ArmA. (With one exception of CBA...hopefully that wasn't causing this issue.)

So to continue from the other thread, Genesis92x, the issue I have is that seemingly everything that VCOM AI improves or adds doesn’t seem to work except the AI are better about flanking. None of the more advanced behaviors like building garrisoning or deploying turrets or  darters works. 

I don’t think the issue is the mod set since I was able to get the mod working properly using the full repo, but when I add my group’s framework something bugs out somewhere and I simply don’t have the know-how to figure it out myself.

1 hour ago, Lance123 said:

So to continue from the other thread, Genesis92x, the issue I have is that seemingly everything that VCOM AI improves or adds doesn’t seem to work except the AI are better about flanking. None of the more advanced behaviors like building garrisoning or deploying turrets or  darters works. 

I don’t think the issue is the mod set since I was able to get the mod working properly using the full repo, but when I add my group’s framework something bugs out somewhere and I simply don’t have the know-how to figure it out myself.

Could you post your groups framework?

1 hour ago, genesis92x said:

Could you post your groups framework?

Here’s a link to the github

https://github.com/captainblaffer/F3_PA/

I can send you a mission file including the framework and VCOM tommorrow as well when I’m at my pc again.

Edited by Lance123

What happens to reinforcement groups after they've completed their task? Will they return to their previous waypoint (ie, a CBA defend point) or do they just stand idle?

Just a really quick question. I know VCOM gets turned off on units with more than 2 waypoints (or something like that) 
So if I have a squad patrolling with say 8 WP's and they encounter the enemy they switch to combat and create a new waypoint to engage the enemy, does VCOM kick in then on that group?

Hey guys.

I wot like som help so i can understand what this means:

18:00:53 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_SIDEENABLED. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
18:00:53 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_ARTYSIDES. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
18:00:53 "VCOM: Loaded CBA settings"
18:00:53 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_SIDEENABLED. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
18:00:53 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_ARTYSIDES. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177

On 8/7/2019 at 6:16 PM, Lance123 said:

Here’s a link to the github

https://github.com/captainblaffer/F3_PA/

I can send you a mission file including the framework and VCOM tommorrow as well when I’m at my pc again.

I can take a look at this sometime next week - a busy week for me unfortunately

On 8/8/2019 at 1:16 PM, acoustic said:

What happens to reinforcement groups after they've completed their task? Will they return to their previous waypoint (ie, a CBA defend point) or do they just stand idle?

currently they go idle at where they were called

19 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Just a really quick question. I know VCOM gets turned off on units with more than 2 waypoints (or something like that) 
So if I have a squad patrolling with say 8 WP's and they encounter the enemy they switch to combat and create a new waypoint to engage the enemy, does VCOM kick in then on that group?

IF they have 8 waypoints already, they will switch to combat mode and will not generate/switch to new waypoints - as long as another script does not interfere. Vcom kicks in as soon as the squad is in combat mode - so while they won't generate new waypoints, they may still seek cover in buildings/deploy static/place mines, and etc.

13 hours ago, loopdk said:

Hey guys.

I wot like som help so i can understand what this means:

looks like some kind of CBA error with the vcom settings. I would double check the installation, I have not encountered this yet

• Like 2

12:34:09 "VCOM: Loaded Userconfig"
12:34:10 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_SIDEENABLED. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
12:34:10 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_ARTYSIDES. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
12:34:10 "VCOM: Loaded CBA settings"
12:34:11 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_SIDEENABLED. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
12:34:11 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_ARTYSIDES. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
12:34:11 "VCOM: Loaded CBA settings"

This is my VCOM Settings:

// VCOM SETTINGS
force force VCM_ActivateAI = true;
force force VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = true;
force force VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH = 29.7245;
force force VCM_AIMagLimit = 5;
force force VCM_AISNIPERS = true;
force force VCM_AISUPPRESS = true;
force force VCM_ARTYDELAY = 300;
force force VCM_ARTYENABLE = true;
force force VCM_ARTYSIDES = [WEST,EAST,GUER];
force force VCM_CARGOCHNG = true;
force force VCM_ClassSteal = true;
force force VCM_Debug = false;
force force VCM_DISEMBARKRANGE = 200;
force force Vcm_DrivingActivated = true;
force force VCM_ForceSpeed = false;
force force VCM_FRMCHANGE = true;
force force VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE = 253.789;
force force VCM_MINECHANCE = 75;
force force Vcm_PlayerAISkills = true;
force force VCM_RAGDOLL = true;
force force VCM_RAGDOLLCHC = 50;
force force VCM_SIDEENABLED = [GUER,EAST];
force force VCM_SKILLCHANGE = true;
force force VCM_STATICARMT = 300;
force force VCM_StealVeh = true;
force force VCM_TURRETUNLOAD = true;
force force VCM_USECBASETTINGS = true;
force force VCM_WARNDELAY = 30;
force force VCM_WARNDIST = 1000;

So fare as i can tell this 2 are the problem:

CBA an VCOM are neweste editon from steam

I am loading the settings from cba_settings.sqf in my userconfig folder.

What do you think?

12 hours ago, loopdk said:

12:34:09 "VCOM: Loaded Userconfig"
12:34:10 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_SIDEENABLED. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
12:34:10 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_ARTYSIDES. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
12:34:10 "VCOM: Loaded CBA settings"
12:34:11 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_SIDEENABLED. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
12:34:11 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_ARTYSIDES. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:177
12:34:11 "VCOM: Loaded CBA settings"

This is my VCOM Settings:

// VCOM SETTINGS
force force VCM_ActivateAI = true;
force force VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = true;
force force VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH = 29.7245;
force force VCM_AIMagLimit = 5;
force force VCM_AISNIPERS = true;
force force VCM_AISUPPRESS = true;
force force VCM_ARTYDELAY = 300;
force force VCM_ARTYENABLE = true;
force force VCM_CARGOCHNG = true;
force force VCM_ClassSteal = true;
force force VCM_Debug = false;
force force VCM_DISEMBARKRANGE = 200;
force force Vcm_DrivingActivated = true;
force force VCM_ForceSpeed = false;
force force VCM_FRMCHANGE = true;
force force VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE = 253.789;
force force VCM_MINECHANCE = 75;
force force Vcm_PlayerAISkills = true;
force force VCM_RAGDOLL = true;
force force VCM_RAGDOLLCHC = 50;
force force VCM_SKILLCHANGE = true;
force force VCM_STATICARMT = 300;
force force VCM_StealVeh = true;
force force VCM_TURRETUNLOAD = true;
force force VCM_USECBASETTINGS = true;
force force VCM_WARNDELAY = 30;
force force VCM_WARNDIST = 1000;

So fare as i can tell this 2 are the problem:

CBA an VCOM are neweste editon from steam

I am loading the settings from cba_settings.sqf in my userconfig folder.

What do you think?

Stupid question here, what purpose does "force force" do?

Here is the default CBA config and userconfig from Vcom, they look different - perhaps the issues can be found there

[] spawn
{
	sleep 1;
	waitUntil {!(isNil "CBAACT")};
	if (CBAACT && VCM_USECBASETTINGS) then
	{
[
    "VCM_ActivateAI", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "CHECKBOX", // setting type
    "Vcom Active", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    "VCOM SETTINGS", // Pretty name of the category where the setting can be found. Can be stringtable entry.
    true, // data for this setting:
    true, // "_isGlobal" flag. Set this to true to always have this setting synchronized between all clients in multiplayer
    {
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_ActivateAI = _value;
    } // function that will be executed once on mission start and every time the setting is changed.
] call CBA_Settings_fnc_init;

//VCM_USECBASETTINGS = true; If CBA is enabled on the host, use the CBA default settings. If false, use the filepatching settings instead.
[
    "VCM_USECBASETTINGS", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Use CBA-Vcom Settings?", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    "VCOM SETTINGS", // Pretty name of the category where the setting can be found. Can be stringtable entry.
    true, // "_isGlobal" flag. Set this to true to always have this setting synchronized between all clients in multiplayer
    {
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_USECBASETTINGS = _value;
    } // function that will be executed once on mission start and every time the setting is changed.

[
    "VCM_Debug", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Enable Debug Mode. Mostly systemchat messages.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
	false,// data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_Debug = _value;

[
    "VCM_SIDEENABLED", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "LIST", // setting type
    "Sides impacted by Vcom.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [[[west,east,resistance],[west,east],[west],[east],[resistance],[resistance,west],[resistance,east]],[["West, East, Resistance"],["West, East"],["West"],["East"],["Resistance"],["Resistance, West"],["Resistance, East"]],0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_SIDEENABLED = _this;

[
    "VCM_ARTYENABLE", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Enable AI use of Artillery", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_ARTYENABLE = _value;

[
    "VCM_ARTYSIDES", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "LIST", // setting type
    "Sides that will use VCOM Artillery", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [[[west,east,resistance],[west,east],[west],[east],[resistance],[resistance,west],[resistance,east]],[["West, East, Resistance"],["West, East"],["West"],["East"],["Resistance"],["Resistance, West"],["Resistance, East"]],0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_ARTYSIDES = _this;

[
    "VCM_CARGOCHNG", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Vcom handling of disembark/embarking for AI?", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
	true,// data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_CARGOCHNG = _value;

[
    "VCM_TURRETUNLOAD", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Disembark from turret positions?", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_TURRETUNLOAD = _value;

[
    "VCM_DISEMBARKRANGE", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "SLIDER", // setting type
    "Distance AI disembark from the enemy?", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [50,1000,200,0], // data for this setting: [min, max, default, number of shown trailing decimals]
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_DISEMBARKRANGE = _value;

[
    "VCM_StealVeh", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "AI steal empty/unlocked vehicles?", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_StealVeh = _value;

[
    "VCM_ClassSteal", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Class restriction for stealing vehicles", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_ClassSteal = _value;

[
    "VCM_ForceSpeed", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Enforce AI Speed 'FULL'?", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_FullSpeed = _value;

[
    "VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "AI generate new waypoints to flank.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = _value;

[
    "VCM_FRMCHANGE", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "AI change formations based on location.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_FRMCHANGE = _value;

[
    "VCM_SKILLCHANGE", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "AI impacted by Vcom skill settings.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_SKILLCHANGE = _value;

[
    "VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Distance AI will steal vehicles from.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [0,1000,100,0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH = _value;

[
    "VCM_RAGDOLL", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "AI Ragdoll when hit?", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_RAGDOLL = _value;

[
    "VCM_RAGDOLLCHC", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Chance for AI to ragdoll when hit.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [0,100,100,0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_RAGDOLLCHC = _value;

[
    "VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Distance AI can hear gunfire.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [0,10000,1200,0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE = _value;

[
    "VCM_WARNDIST", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Distance AI will call for reinforcements from.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [0,10000,1000,0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_WARNDIST = _value;

[
    "VCM_WARNDELAY", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Time (seconds) AI wait before support called.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [0,10000,30,0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_WARNDELAY = _value;

[
    "VCM_STATICARMT", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Time (seconds) AI stay on unarmed Static Weapons", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [0,10000,300,0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_STATICARMT = _value;

[
    "VCM_MINECHANCE", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Chance for AI to place a mine, once in combat.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [0,100,75,0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_MINECHANCE = _value;

[
    "VCM_ARTYDELAY", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Delay before artillery requests. SIDE BASED.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [0,5000,30,0], // data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_ARTYDELAY = _value;

[
    "VCM_AIMagLimit", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Mag count AI begin to look for additional mags.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    [2,10,5,0], // data for this setting: [min, max, default, number of shown trailing decimals]
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_AIMagLimit = _value;

[
    "VCM_AISNIPERS", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Special marksman/sniper AI", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_AISNIPERS = _value;

[
    "VCM_AISUPPRESS", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "AI attempt to suppress enemies more, and at a further range.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_AISUPPRESS = _value;

[
    "VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "AI generate new waypoints to flank.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = _value;

[
    "Vcm_DrivingActivated", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Experimental Improvements to AI driving.", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
	false,// data for this setting:
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        Vcm_DrivingActivated = _value;

[
    "Vcm_PlayerAISkills", // Internal setting name, should always contain a tag! This will be the global variable which takes the value of the setting.
    "Player AI recieve unique skill settings", // Pretty name shown inside the ingame settings menu. Can be stringtable entry.
    {  
        params ["_value"];
        Vcm_PlayerAISkills = _value;

};

diag_log "VCOM: Loaded CBA settings";

};

Defaul userconfig settings

Vcm_Settings = 
{
	/*
		ADDITIONAL COMMANDS
		(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NOFLANK",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from executing advanced movement maneuvers.
		(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from responding to calls for backup.
		(group this) setVariable ["VCM_TOUGHSQUAD",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from calling for backup.
		(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; //This command will disable Vcom AI on a group entirely.
		(group this) setVariable ["VCM_DisableForm",true]; //This command will disable AI group from changing formations.	
		(group this) setVariable ["VCM_Skilldisable",true]; //This command will disable an AI group from being impacted by Vcom AI skill changes.	

*/	

Vcm_ActivateAI = true; //Set this to false to disable VcomAI. It can be set to true at any time to re-enable Vcom AI
	VcmAI_ActiveList = []; //Leave this alone.
	Vcm_ArtilleryArray = []; //Leave this alone

//VCOM ARTILLERY. Only one kind of advanced artillery can be used at a time.
	VCM_ARTYENABLE = true; //Enable improved artillery handling from Vcom.
	VCM_ARTYLST = []; //List of all AI inside of artillery pieces, leave this alone.
	VCM_ARTYDELAY = 30; //Delay between squads requesting artillery
	VCM_ARTYWT = -(VCM_ARTYDELAY);
	VCM_ARTYET = -(VCM_ARTYDELAY);
	VCM_ARTYRT = -(VCM_ARTYDELAY);
	VCM_ARTYSIDES = [west,east,resistance];  //Sides that will use VCOM/FFE artillery
	VCM_AIMagLimit = 5; //Number of mags remaining before AI looks for ammo.
	VCM_Debug = false; //Enable debug mode.
	VCM_MINECHANCE = 75; //Chance to lay a mine
	VCM_SIDEENABLED = [west,east,resistance]; //Sides that will activate Vcom AI
	VCM_RAGDOLL = true; //Should AI ragdoll when hit
	VCM_RAGDOLLCHC = 100; //CHANCE AI RAGDOLL	
	VCM_FullSpeed = true; //Enforce full speedmode during combat (Does not reset after combat end)
	VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE = 1200; //Distance AI hear unsuppressed gunshots.
	VCM_WARNDIST = 1000; //How far AI can request help from other groups.
	VCM_WARNDELAY = 30; //How long the AI have to survive before they can call in for support. This activates once the AI enter combat.
	VCM_STATICARMT = 300; //How long AI stay on static weapons when initially arming them. This is just for AI WITHOUT static bags. They will stay for this duration when NO ENEMIES ARE SEEN, or their group gets FAR away.	
	VCM_StealVeh = true; //Will the AI steal vehicles.
	VCM_ClassSteal = true; //If true, crewmen are required to steal tracked vehicles. Pilots are required to steal aircraft. false = anyone can steal any vehicle.
	VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH = 100; //Distance AI check from the squad leader to steal vehicles
	VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = true; //True means AI will actively generate waypoints if no other waypoints are generated for the AI group (2 or more). False disables this advanced movements.
	VCM_FRMCHANGE = true; //AI GROUPS WILL CHANGE FORMATIONS TO THEIR BEST GUESS.
	VCM_SKILLCHANGE = true; //AI Groups will have their skills changed by Vcom.
	VCM_USECBASETTINGS = true;//If CBA is enabled on the host, use the CBA default settings. If false, use the filepatching settings instead.
	VCM_CARGOCHNG = true; //If true, Vcom will handle disembarking/re-embarking orders instead of vanilla. This is with the intention to prevent the endless embark/disembark loops AI are given.	
	VCM_TURRETUNLOAD = true;//If true, AI will automatically disembark turret positions in vehicles, if the vehicle is badly damaged. This is to prevent AI leaving a tank, when the tracks are damaged.	
	VCM_DISEMBARKRANGE = 200; //How far AI will disembark from their enemies. If the vehicle is damaged, they will disembark.
	VCM_AISNIPERS = true; //Special sniper AI
	VCM_AISUPPRESS = true; //AI will attack from further away with primary weapons to suppress enemies
	Vcm_DrivingActivated = false; //AI will use experimental driving improvements.
	Vcm_PlayerAISkills = true; //AI in a group, that a players leads, can have their skills changed separately.

//AI SKILL SETTINGS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
	//LOW DIFFICULTY
	//VCM_AIDIFA = [['aimingAccuracy',0.15],['aimingShake',0.1],['aimingSpeed',0.25],['commanding',1],['courage',1],['endurance',1],['general',0.5],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.8],['spotTime',0.8]];

//MEDIUM DIFFICULTY
	VCM_AIDIFA = [['aimingAccuracy',0.25],['aimingShake',0.15],['aimingSpeed',0.35],['commanding',0.85],['courage',0.5],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];

//HIGH DIFFICULTY
	//VCM_AIDIFA = [['aimingAccuracy',0.35],['aimingShake',0.4],['aimingSpeed',0.45],['commanding',1],['courage',1],['endurance',1],['general',0.5],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.8],['spotTime',0.8]];

//SIDE SPECIFIC
	VCM_AIDIFWEST = [['aimingAccuracy',0.25],['aimingShake',0.15],['aimingSpeed',0.35],['commanding',0.85],['courage',0.5],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];
	VCM_AIDIFEAST = [['aimingAccuracy',0.25],['aimingShake',0.15],['aimingSpeed',0.35],['commanding',0.85],['courage',0.5],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];
	VCM_AIDIFRESISTANCE = [['aimingAccuracy',0.25],['aimingShake',0.15],['aimingSpeed',0.35],['commanding',0.85],['courage',0.5],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];

//PLAYER SQUAD SPECIFIC
	VCM_PSQUADW= [['aimingAccuracy',0.25],['aimingShake',0.15],['aimingSpeed',0.35],['commanding',0.85],['courage',0.5],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];	
	VCM_PSQUADE= [['aimingAccuracy',0.25],['aimingShake',0.15],['aimingSpeed',0.35],['commanding',0.85],['courage',0.5],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];	
	VCM_PSQUADR= [['aimingAccuracy',0.25],['aimingShake',0.15],['aimingSpeed',0.35],['commanding',0.85],['courage',0.5],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];	

VCM_AISIDESPEC =
	{
		private _Side = (side (group _this));
		switch (_Side) do {
			case west: 
			{
				{
					_this setSkill _x;
				} forEach VCM_AIDIFWEST;				
			};
			case east: 
			{
				{
					_this setSkill _x;
				} forEach VCM_AIDIFEAST;					
			}; 
			case resistance: 
			{
				{
					_this setSkill _x;
				} forEach VCM_AIDIFRESISTANCE;					
			}; 
		};		
	};

VCM_CLASSNAMESPECIFIC = false; //Do you want the AI to have classname specific skill settings?
	VCM_SIDESPECIFICSKILL = false; //Do you want the AI to have side specific skill settings? This overrides classname specific skills.
	VCM_SKILL_CLASSNAMES = []; //Here you can assign certain unit classnames to specific skill levels. This will override the AI skill level above.

/*
	EXAMPLE FOR VCM_SKILL_CLASSNAMES

VCM_SKILL_CLASSNAMES = [["Classname1",[aimingaccuracy,aimingshake,spotdistance,spottime,courage,commanding,aimingspeed,general,endurance,reloadspeed]],["Classname2",[aimingaccuracy,aimingshake,spotdistance,spottime,courage,commanding,aimingspeed,general,endurance,reloadspeed]]];
	VCM_SKILL_CLASSNAMES = 	[
														["B_GEN_Soldier_F",[0.01,0.02,0.03,0.04,0.05,0.06,0.07,0.08,0.09,0.1]],
														["B_G_Soldier_AR_F",[0.01,0.02,0.03,0.04,0.05,0.06,0.07,0.08,0.09,0.1]]
													]; 

*/

VCM_AIDIFSET =
	{
		{
			private _unit = _x;
			_unit setSkill 0.9;
			_unit allowFleeing 0;			
			{
				_unit setSkill _x;
			} forEach VCM_AIDIFA;

if (VCM_CLASSNAMESPECIFIC && {count VCM_SKILL_CLASSNAMES > 0}) then
			{
				{
					if (typeOf _unit isEqualTo (_x select 0)) exitWith
					{
						_ClassnameSet = true;
						_unit setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",((_x select 1) select 0)];_unit setSkill ["aimingShake",((_x select 1) select 1)];_unit setSkill ["spotDistance",((_x select 1) select 2)];_unit setSkill ["spotTime",((_x select 1) select 3)];_unit setSkill ["courage",((_x select 1) select 4)];_unit setSkill ["commanding",((_x select 1) select 5)];	_unit setSkill ["aimingSpeed",((_x select 1) select 6)];_unit setSkill ["general",((_x select 1) select 7)];_unit setSkill ["endurance",((_x select 1) select 8)];_unit setSkill ["reloadSpeed",((_x select 1) select 9)];
					};
				} foreach VCM_SKILL_CLASSNAMES;
			};			

if (VCM_SIDESPECIFICSKILL) then
			{
				_unit call VCM_AISIDESPEC;
			};

} forEach (units _this);
	};

diag_log "VCOM: Loaded Default Settings";

if (VCM_USECBASETTINGS) then {
    [] call VCM_fnc_CBASettings;
};

};

Force force is from The settings in my settings file .

Go to 

Config addons.

Set all The settings and expert.

Copy to clipboard.

Inset to The cbasettings file in user config

With CBA settings I believe 1 force overwrites the mission settings, while force force overwrites server settings

• Thanks 1

hi @genesis92x

i had question when i tried configure AISettingsV3.hpp on userconfig folder

and i got this

https://imgur.com/a/iAFPbyp

i just renamed VCOM_AI to vcom_ai and AISettingsV3.hpp to aisettingsv3.hpp

when i didnt rename the folder and file hpp, i couldnt find VCOM AI on configure addons

thank

Hello everyone, especially you

If it doesn't bother, what is the VCOM AI 3 script used to deploy VANT drones from the backpack?

Thank you

Question. How does one set AI skill in the script version? There's this in userconfig-

Spoiler

//LOW DIFFICULTY
//VCM_AIDIFA = [['aimingAccuracy',0.15],['aimingShake',0.1],['aimingSpeed',0.25],['commanding',1],['courage',1],['endurance',1],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];

//MEDIUM DIFFICULTY
VCM_AIDIFA = [['aimingAccuracy',0.25],['aimingShake',0.15],['aimingSpeed',0.35],['commanding',1],['courage',1],['endurance',1],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];

//HIGH DIFFICULTY
//VCM_AIDIFA = [['aimingAccuracy',0.35],['aimingShake',0.4],['aimingSpeed',0.45],['commanding',1],['courage',1],['endurance',1],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];

am i correct to assume that all i need to do is plop

Spoiler

//VCM_AIDIFA = [['aimingAccuracy',0.15],['aimingShake',0.1],['aimingSpeed',0.25],['commanding',1],['courage',1],['endurance',1],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];

this into init.sqf to have challanged AI instead of a challanging one?

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2019 at 10:05 PM, Lance123 said:

Have a chance to look at my particular issue yet?

I apologize, I have not. I have been slammed with multiple requests and projects at the moment.

On 9/1/2019 at 7:29 AM, AtomicBoy said:

Hello everyone, especially you

If it doesn't bother, what is the VCOM AI 3 script used to deploy VANT drones from the backpack?

Thank you

I will have to dig it up - I did not realize that code is actually missing from the current version! It essentially was very similar to how AI deployed static weapons, it looked at the classname of the backpack and created the vehicle that the bag was supposed to assemble.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:52 PM, TesACC said:

Question. How does one set AI skill in the script version? There's this in userconfig-

Reveal hidden contents

//LOW DIFFICULTY

//MEDIUM DIFFICULTY
VCM_AIDIFA = [['aimingAccuracy',0.25],['aimingShake',0.15],['aimingSpeed',0.35],['commanding',1],['courage',1],['endurance',1],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];

//HIGH DIFFICULTY
//VCM_AIDIFA = [['aimingAccuracy',0.35],['aimingShake',0.4],['aimingSpeed',0.45],['commanding',1],['courage',1],['endurance',1],['general',1],['reloadSpeed',1],['spotDistance',0.85],['spotTime',0.85]];

am i correct to assume that all i need to do is plop

Hide contents

this into init.sqf to have challanged AI instead of a challanging one?

Mostly right! I would remove the // from that line. To make sure the difficulty gets set, I would make sure to put that code at the end of the init.sqf, after VCOM is loaded. So it will correctly override the settings. If you are using the script version (and do not have file patching enabled) I would change the defaultsettings.sqf file. located inside the vcom folder somewhere

• Thanks 2

Hello. Sorry if that has been answered elsewhere and I missed it, but i'm having an issue where VCOM and Fire For Effect artillery options are not showing up in the Addon Options drop down when I'm logged in as admin on our dedicated server. As far as I know CBA is running or a bunch of the mods we use wouldn't work, and it seems to be happily running off of the User Config file at the moment. Any idea where I can start troubleshooting why it's not showing up in Options? Currently on VCOM 3.3.3, downloaded from Steam and FTP'd from my PC to the server. VCOM is just running server-side.

I haven't tried it with just VCOM loaded yet, as I'm wary of making big changes in the middle of our KP Liberation campaign that might affect the save game, just wanted to check there wasn't something I'd missed out, some setting that needs changing to enable those options etc.

P.S. thanks for all your work on this, my player group absolutely love the AI improvements, even if a couple of them do keep complaining about AI spotting and shooting through smoke...