5 hours ago, AirShark said:

the real sniper spend hours and hours tracking/spoting/calculating to shoot a single bullet... and when he do the result will be fatal because every bullet will end a life,  sniper's life or the target's life however in arma there is no real Ai snipers just regular Ai soldier with sniper gear that keep wasting ammo for nothing and they expose themselves very quickly. by doing so.

You got it 😄

Unfortunately there is no dynamic way to mimic 'real' snipers in ArmA, unless you want to make it 100% code and simulated. Which is possible.

Updated the GitHub with a test script version for the upcoming update. Bug fixes, new features, and etc.

https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/tree/3.3.3-develop

Feel free to mess with it and report bugs here.

Due to me being lazy I will list a few of the improvements here

- Addressed many of the reported bugs

- New AI suppression system (AI will suppress players more)

- New sniper AI system (Snipers will engage further out and more accurately, their skill changes dynamically based on distance - keep in mind AI will not typically engage past serverside viewdistance settings in the server.cfg)

- Implemented Vcom Driving into Vcom AI (Turned off by default, A highly experimental feature that is still being worked on)

- New settings for player AI skill settings for each side

- AI received better hearing aids

- AI should no longer mass heal themselves

- Player should (hopefully) not receive random waypoints.

- Better Zeus control of squads in combat

- More stuff I forgot.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

@genesis92x Thanks for keeping this mod updated & constantly improving the mod.

I have had players that think that they are fighting human players & then get amazed that they were ai. You have taken arma3 ai to another level.

Nice video showing off the new sniper ai, It was funny seeing them winning & hearing your frustration... "Il'll give it just one more try". 🙂

• Like 2

Thank you for the new version!
However for me performance took a significant hit with this version. Maybe even 50% less frames in a heavy battle. Disabling the new features doesnt seem to help much (VCM_AISNIPERS,VCM_AISUPPRESS). Also lag spikes every 2 seconds
aslo this error:
https://imgur.com/ShJ70Dd

Usually used it as a mod. How can I check if it is running, some global var? I started your dev version via an "[] execvm "\vcom_dev\init.sqf" from a SPs debug console. Is that sufficient? Will it still use the config file in ArmA3s global userconfig folder?

Workshop mod has been updated AFAICS. When I spawn snipers and they start to engage, screen gets flooded with unknown variables in VCM_fnc_sniperengage... Have no logs yet, but will probably report back.

18 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Workshop mod has been updated AFAICS. When I spawn snipers and they start to engage, screen gets flooded with unknown variables in VCM_fnc_sniperengage... Have no logs yet, but will probably report back.

Make sure to update/delete your vcomai userconfig folder, can guarantee that's it 🙂

5 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Make sure to update/delete your vcomai userconfig folder, can guarantee that's it 🙂

Indeed, I recognized it later there's a new variable, thx.

EDIT: Nah, is not enough. I loaded the mod. New userconfig file is in "Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV3.hpp".

Still it comes up with:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/798744098477128049/DA9909D32A5586A8B55256009E77DB894E769FB7/

If I don't load the mod, but want to start the script version from inside whatever mission via debug console, how do I do that? Is it possible? Execvm the init.sqf? Or vcom\vcominit.sqf?

4 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Indeed, I recognized it later there's a new variable, thx.

EDIT: Nah, is not enough. I loaded the mod. New userconfig file is in "Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV3.hpp".

Still it comes up with:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/798744098477128049/DA9909D32A5586A8B55256009E77DB894E769FB7/

If I don't load the mod, but want to start the script version from inside whatever mission via debug console, how do I do that? Is it possible? Execvm the init.sqf? Or vcom\vcominit.sqf?

I would go to the github and pull the script version from there.

It looks like you might be running an older version of Vcom somehow? That error is showing that the function is _not_ even defined. An error that shouldn't even be possible with the mod in it's current state.

Thanks for the screen shot - only advice I can give is it unsubscribe from the mod, delete it from your steam folder, shut down arma, and then re-subscribe again.

25 minutes ago, genesis92x said:

It looks like you might be running an older version of Vcom somehow? That error is showing that the function is _not_ even defined. An error that shouldn't even be possible with the mod in it's current state.

It still happens. I re-subscribed from workshop. This one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721359761

Deleted contents of the mod folder manually. Note that "@Vcom" is an NTFS link to your mods workshop folder. Would you please have a look at the file sizes? Are those the files to be expected in your mod distribution? Thx. The cmd is part of my ArmA startup ecosystem, just wanted to prove I am loading "Arma 3\@VComAI\"...

jackhlqb.png

many thanks for your continued effort you out into VCOM Genesis. 

We're trying to work something out and we're not sure if its either with VCOM or CF_BAI (using both) - latest script version of VCOM and CF_BAI mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1415343823).

The issue:  we're getting bumped - on a number of  stealth recce's, at night, we've experienced units coming straight for us, like they know exactly were we are... despite it being night and the opfor not having night vision capabilities and in most cases, being tactically aware, using concealment, low profile, etc,. we thought it was perhaps the drones that might be spooking the ai and they essentially come looking for us - but we tested last night and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here's, albeit, a not great quality vid - how did I get spotted/detected ??? The only dodgy bit is when I crossed the road...but when I crossed and lay prone in a bush, the opfor come for me - I don't think I was in line of sight of any opfor (unless I missed something) - you can where the patrols are from Zeus. I'mm going to post this on the CF_BAI forum page as well.   But what you see in this vid, is fairly typical of what we experience at night - we could be on the edge of a jungle or something, keeping a low profile, walking, etc. and then bang! A patrol seems to come straight for us.

Any ideas? Do you expect this is vcom related ?  Many thanks, as always. 

trying 

21 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

It still happens. I re-subscribed from workshop. This one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721359761

Deleted contents of the mod folder manually. Note that "@Vcom" is an NTFS link to your mods workshop folder. Would you please have a look at the file sizes? Are those the files to be expected in your mod distribution? Thx. The cmd is part of my ArmA startup ecosystem, just wanted to prove I am loading "Arma 3\@VComAI\"...

jackhlqb.png

What an odd issue - That is the right file size for both files, so I have to assume it is correct. I am not at my home computer at the moment to test, but I was able to remote in and just double check the steam addon by decompiling the vcomai.pbo, and the file structure was correct with the correct definitions. I am assuming if you opened the vcomai.pbo you would also see the correct files. Somehow it is not being initialized correctly? What if you changed the loading order to 1st? Or what if you just load Vcom by itself? Does the issue persist?

If you have the time, I would see if you can open the vcomai.pbo and navigate to \vcomai\Vcom\cfgfunctions.hpp, there should be a "class sniperengage" located in there somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Duke101 said:

many thanks for your continued effort you out into VCOM Genesis. 

We're trying to work something out and we're not sure if its either with VCOM or CF_BAI (using both) - latest script version of VCOM and CF_BAI mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1415343823).

The issue:  we're getting bumped - on a number of  stealth recce's, at night, we've experienced units coming straight for us, like they know exactly were we are... despite it being night and the opfor not having night vision capabilities and in most cases, being tactically aware, using concealment, low profile, etc,. we thought it was perhaps the drones that might be spooking the ai and they essentially come looking for us - but we tested last night and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here's, albeit, a not great quality vid - how did I get spotted/detected ??? The only dodgy bit is when I crossed the road...but when I crossed and lay prone in a bush, the opfor come for me - I don't think I was in line of sight of any opfor (unless I missed something) - you can where the patrols are from Zeus. I'mm going to post this on the CF_BAI forum page as well.   But what you see in this vid, is fairly typical of what we experience at night - we could be on the edge of a jungle or something, keeping a low profile, walking, etc. and then bang! A patrol seems to come straight for us.

Any ideas? Do you expect this is vcom related ?  Many thanks, as always. 

Some things to keep in mind.

- Vcom AI really doesn't do much until a squad enters combat mode

- Vcom AI also edits AI skills, if there is a sniper in a group their sight skill is increased, although this is not enough to see in the darkness

- Typically Vcom AI generates two waypoints when attacking enemies (and only when in combat mode), so at 2:55 when a single waypoint is generated it makes me believe that there is something else making the AI path to the players

I am not at home, but I can do some stealth testing and throw it up here for you later to compare it with.

Thanks Genesis. That's interesting. I suspected that it isn't vcom related, but wanted to double check with you. 

1 hour ago, genesis92x said:

If you have the time, I would see if you can open the vcomai.pbo and navigate to \vcomai\Vcom\cfgfunctions.hpp, there should be a "class sniperengage" located in there somewhere.

No time, but just quickly checked: Yes, class is there.

Issue persists also with no other mods loaded, except cba. I also recognized, "Arma 3\userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV3.hpp" I set Aisnipers/Aisuppress to false, issue persists. I've set debug to true, no change. I wonder if the file is parsed.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:16 AM, tortuosit said:

I'm using it together with GAIA, ATM it should try to use GAIA spawned units. Will check vanilla + VCOM soon. Any idea here?

EDIT: Happens without GAIA as well. I am using the VCOM mod version btw. The userconfig file is copied to ".\Arma 3\userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV4.hpp" and otherwise as untouched.

Zeus spawned groups just stay and do not move, looks like Vcom does not get control over them.

I get spammed a lot with this:

FB53ED3C02EE22E557E544E47DE085EF3787EF32

I'm getting bombarded with this radio error; I'm running the script version.

7 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Issue persists also with no other mods loaded, except cba. I also recognized, "Arma 3\userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV3.hpp" I set Aisnipers/Aisuppress to false, issue persists. I've set debug to true, no change. I wonder if the file is parsed.

Not sure - tested the mod from the steam workshop last night and I did not have this issue 😐

Edit: I will keep playing around with it, and try to make some sense of what is going on 

2 hours ago, DirtyDel said:

I'm getting bombarded with this radio error; I'm running the script version.

This is an old version of Vcom, try this one https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/tree/3.3.3-develop

27 minutes ago, genesis92x said:

Not sure - tested the mod from the steam workshop last night and I did not have this issue 😐

This is an old version of Vcom, try this one https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/tree/3.3.3-develop

Thanks genesis, that worked perfect. New update seems really good. 

I have another question. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Enemy Occupation System by bangabob: 

EOS has it's own AI Skill call. I'm wondering if I remove AI Skill completely from EOS, will Vcom AI inherently take over? (the desired outcome).

What are you're thoughts?

45 minutes ago, DirtyDel said:

Thanks genesis, that worked perfect. New update seems really good. 

I have another question. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Enemy Occupation System by bangabob: 

EOS has it's own AI Skill call. I'm wondering if I remove AI Skill completely from EOS, will Vcom AI inherently take over? (the desired outcome).

What are you're thoughts?

Vcom will definitely take over - Due to the way Vcom AI works, it tends to take over AI skill settings from most other mods/scripts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Edit: I will keep playing around with it, and try to make some sense of what is going on 

So this version is running error free. I have tested for the last hour. The new enhancements to snipers and ai movement are awesome.

However; as another had already pointed out. there is a significant performance loss. I'm not sure if that's for script-users only, but with about 4 or 5 squads, it is nearly unplayable. It happens the second the first round is fired in combat. I'm hoping you can trim some script and get it back to optimal performance.

I now you're working to improve things and I really like how far it has come, just trying to give you valuable feedback. Thanks for the dedication.

1 hour ago, DirtyDel said:

So this version is running error free. I have tested for the last hour. The new enhancements to snipers and ai movement are awesome.

However; as another had already pointed out. there is a significant performance loss. I'm not sure if that's for script-users only, but with about 4 or 5 squads, it is nearly unplayable. It happens the second the first round is fired in combat. I'm hoping you can trim some script and get it back to optimal performance.

I now you're working to improve things and I really like how far it has come, just trying to give you valuable feedback. Thanks for the dedication.

Oh boy! Something is going wrong there! I've been playing Dissension with ~100 AI going at it with over 60 FPS and 40-50 FPS serverside, not sure what is going on 😐

Been playing with a small squad of people, and we have had improved performance from the last version.

Make sure you updated the userconfig folder, and not running anything twice. I would delete the old Vcom completely and paste in the new code. Double-check .rpt logs for errors messages that might give you a clue as to what is going on.

@genesis92x I did some testing with the newest version and found that in a large AI battle including vehicles fps decreases greatly and there is a lot of stuttering when the experimental driving is enabled, turning the feature off fixes the fps and stuttering issues. Since you re-enabled the experimental driving with the newest version, it may be causing the fps problems that other people are reporting. I am using the steam version. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lxlplictz said:

@genesis92x I did some testing with the newest version and found that in a large AI battle including vehicles fps decreases greatly and there is a lot of stuttering when the experimental driving is enabled, turning the feature off fixes the fps and stuttering issues. Since you re-enabled the experimental driving with the newest version, it may be causing the fps problems that other people are reporting. I am using the steam version. 

Most likely, but it should be off by default in the userconfig folder, CBA settings, and default settings - at least with the current dev version I am looking at right now

I cannot get this mod issue solved. No problem to me to start the script version. My remaining questions are:

- How do I start your script from a debug console scope - Execvm the init.sqf?

- Which settings file applies? 

6 hours ago, tortuosit said:

I cannot get this mod issue solved. No problem to me to start the script version. My remaining questions are:

- How do I start your script from a debug console scope - Execvm the init.sqf?

- Which settings file applies? 

You can launch it from the init.sqf.

Currently for settings it goes in this order CBA -> userconfig folder -> defaultsettings.sqf 

I will be improving the implementation of the settings for the next version