11 hours ago, kremator said:

Thanks, that would be appreciated. I hate running mods through steam for my dedi server. I'm too old school! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhcz9zgh7xy15uv/%40VcomAI3.3.2.zip?dl=0

Let me know if that works alright. 🙂

7 hours ago, tortuosit said:

It's working for me for the first time. Must say, it is awesome to see how now my soldiers attacked, searched for bushes, after they supposedly cleared the area they at first moved very carefully. Awesome. Also the enemy, did not just stand there and wait for subsequent bullets... Good fun.

Question: I am using it together with MCC/GAIA. I am often in a group led by AI. Your mod or GAIA do continously command me to "Form wedge"/"Form column" like every 5 seconds. I do not need such reports. Anyone knowing of a possibility/mod to filter those commands? I just don't want to hear formation related stuff.

EDIT: I already use @Discipline from Haleks and also asked him if he can do something. https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/175734-discipline/?page=2

I could take a look at how formations work - potentially adding another variable that gets passed through that checks if they are actually changing formations or not. It would cost some performance, but stop the message spam for AI led squads.

7 hours ago, darkxess said:

@tortuosit - use this mate, stops all the blabber from AI haha 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18879

That's a good find 🙂

5 hours ago, tortuosit said:

@genesis92x I am in a VCOM + GAIA controlled group and it is VCOM (and not GAIA) which too often commands to "Form wedge" and "Form column" - Maybe you add a timecheck to not make it happen too often? When we move along a road, the commander asks to change formation every 5 seconds. The units actually do not change anything visible btw.

It's related to @VcomAI\addons\vcomai\Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\fn_FrmChnge.sqf

To have it more silent, I've put a "if (0.8 > random 1) exitwith {};"  into it.

Since the variable is local and not needed otherwise, can't you just write down the return value?

true

instead of

_VCOM_CHANGEDFORMATION = true;
_VCOM_CHANGEDFORMATION

I think I would change it to see if the suggested formation differs from the present formation, that way they will only issue the command when they need to.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, genesis92x said:

I think I would change it to see if the suggested formation differs from the present formation, that way they will only issue the command when they need to.

Thanks for looking into it. The permanent toggle between columns and wedge is the problem, not that it always issues the same commands. I think. To me it looks like the wedge fallback, which always applies if no other formations are set, is a problem.

@ the people who use it with GAIA: My impression is, if a group gets into a firefight and the firefight is done, it will not receive GAIA commands any more... Not sure yet. Because the group I was member of first got their MOVE (they are set to move to a zone) commands to like kilometers away, after a firefight they just walk around in the area of firefight.

In this new version of 3.3.2 i can' t manually change Ai aiming skills, speed and shaking like in old version, am i missing something? I could change that settings on 3.0 or 3.1 from arma 3 options addons options. Please i request some help 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Thanks for looking into it. The permanent toggle between columns and wedge is the problem, not that it always issues the same commands. I think. To me it looks like the wedge fallback, which always applies if no other formations are set, is a problem.

@ the people who use it with GAIA: My impression is, if a group gets into a firefight and the firefight is done, it will not receive GAIA commands any more... Not sure yet. Because the group I was member of first got their MOVE (they are set to move to a zone) commands to like kilometers away, after a firefight they just walk around in the area of firefight.

I will take a look at it this Sunday and see if I can't get a solution 🙂

Also, I have changed VCOM to only set behaviors to AWARE or their initial behavior state. I was hoping this would prevent infinite COMBAT states. This will require more testing on Sunday.

7 hours ago, Daniel Tier said:

In this new version of 3.3.2 i can' t manually change Ai aiming skills, speed and shaking like in old version, am i missing something? I could change that settings on 3.0 or 3.1 from arma 3 options addons options. Please i request some help 

To change skills, you have to do it manually in the userconfig folder, or the default settings file in the script version. I have not implemented AI skill settings into the CBA options yet.

If you got the time, leave a request for it on GitHub, so when I sit down on Sunday to work on Vcom I don't forget it

https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/issues/new/choose

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey mate, dunno what is wrong but we use the script version of this in our ZEUS Operation again this weekend (latest version) and it was worse this time than the last. Within the base of the main

objective, there were many vehicles (locked) and units/patrols in their positions etc, upon my guys getting even anywhere near the place they were spotted from veeeeeeeeery far! then all of a sudden 

the shit hit the fan, lol. EVERY vehicle that was locked which I didn't want to be moved by either the AI nor the guys in my unit was taken over by AI and just drove OFF! lol yea, drove off, didn't stand to fight

or anything, and these were just basic trucks/jeeps around the place to give it ambience. Really disappointing as it ruined the whole mission, yea it had its funny side but still, ... it doesn't work with ZEUS

as of right now.

Only other mods we are using are CUP, RHS, and ACE3.

I had the script version on the mission file, no one else had it running ie the mod/script client side, only server side, this way is correct I hope?
are there some settings I can do on the ZEUS Mission side to get this to work the way I want?

I honestly do accept that this is really a good AI script for SP but not multiplayer, especially with ZEUS 😞

@Freddo3000 - since this last update of VCOM though the lock feature always worked for AI too, the whole point of me putting vehicles around bases

made it look like a real military compound/base etc, I have zeused now for over 1000 hrs and always did it like this, never before did the AI until now leave 

there positions to get into EVERY vehicle including unarmed jeeps/trucks.

Hello,

first of all thank you for the release! I'm testing you mod and I'm not sure about a couple of things, so I'm posting this reply.

1- I'm using the cba_settings.sqf under my userconfig folder in Arma 3 Server. I've pasted what follows:

Spoiler

// VCOM SETTINGS
force VCM_USECBASETTINGS = true;

force VCM_ActivateAI = true;
force VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = true;
force VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH = 80;
force VCM_AIMagLimit = 2;
force VCM_ARTYDELAY = 30;
force VCM_ARTYENABLE = true;
force VCM_ARTYSIDES = [WEST,EAST,GUER];
force VCM_CARGOCHNG = true;
force VCM_ClassSteal = true;
force VCM_Debug = false;
force VCM_DISEMBARKRANGE = 200;
force VCM_ForceSpeed = false;
force VCM_FRMCHANGE = true;
force VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE = 800;
force VCM_MINECHANCE = 65;
force VCM_RAGDOLL = true;
force VCM_RAGDOLLCHC = 50;
force VCM_SIDEENABLED = [WEST,EAST,GUER];
force VCM_SKILLCHANGE = true;
force VCM_STATICARMT = 180;
force VCM_StealVeh = true;
force VCM_TURRETUNLOAD = true;
force VCM_WARNDELAY = 15;
force VCM_WARNDIST = 1500;

does VCM_USECBASETTINGS = false override all the other parameters and then requests the mod to read the hpp under userconfig\VCOM_AI?

2- Difficulty settings are available only by using you hpp configuration file. If using headless clients, should I set allowedFilePatching=1? Or leave it to 1? And moreover, should HC have in their loaded mod VCOM?

Thanks

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if VCOM medics will work with ACE basic medical? They aren't healing guys. As an injured person and as group leader, I can't order the medic to heal an injured guy. When I select "injured" as the injured person, he calls out, then instantly says "standing by".

Thanks to everyone who has been posting bugs on the GitHub 🙂 July 6th is my last day for one of my jobs. On that day I will no longer be working 80 hour weeks! So, I will be dedicating time to fix bugs there, implement feature requests, and etc. So make sure to post on that GItHub about errors/wishes you have 🙂

On 6/4/2019 at 12:58 PM, Dallas Medina said:

Can anyone confirm if VCOM medics will work with ACE basic medical? They aren't healing guys. As an injured person and as group leader, I can't order the medic to heal an injured guy. When I select "injured" as the injured person, he calls out, then instantly says "standing by".

Does vanilla AI work with ACE by default? Vcom doesn't override default healing behavior. What variables would AI need to change to heal in ACE? I would need the direct variables to manipulate for ACE healing to work. If you have these variables, please post them on the GItHub.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:33 PM, Lorenz94 said:

Hello,

first of all thank you for the release! I'm testing you mod and I'm not sure about a couple of things, so I'm posting this reply.

1- I'm using the cba_settings.sqf under my userconfig folder in Arma 3 Server. I've pasted what follows:

Reveal hidden contents

// VCOM SETTINGS
force VCM_USECBASETTINGS = true;

force VCM_ActivateAI = true;
force VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = true;
force VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH = 80;
force VCM_AIMagLimit = 2;
force VCM_ARTYDELAY = 30;
force VCM_ARTYENABLE = true;
force VCM_ARTYSIDES = [WEST,EAST,GUER];
force VCM_CARGOCHNG = true;
force VCM_ClassSteal = true;
force VCM_Debug = false;
force VCM_DISEMBARKRANGE = 200;
force VCM_ForceSpeed = false;
force VCM_FRMCHANGE = true;
force VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE = 800;
force VCM_MINECHANCE = 65;
force VCM_RAGDOLL = true;
force VCM_RAGDOLLCHC = 50;
force VCM_SIDEENABLED = [WEST,EAST,GUER];
force VCM_SKILLCHANGE = true;
force VCM_STATICARMT = 180;
force VCM_StealVeh = true;
force VCM_TURRETUNLOAD = true;
force VCM_WARNDELAY = 15;
force VCM_WARNDIST = 1500;

does VCM_USECBASETTINGS = false override all the other parameters and then requests the mod to read the hpp under userconfig\VCOM_AI?

2- Difficulty settings are available only by using you hpp configuration file. If using headless clients, should I set allowedFilePatching=1? Or leave it to 1? And moreover, should HC have in their loaded mod VCOM?

Thanks

VCM_USECBASETTINGS =false means that that the CBA_Settings.sqf will NOT be read, and it will rely on the defaultsettings file or the .hpp file. IF you are using the .hpp file you will need to enable filepatching on the server

On 5/30/2019 at 3:34 AM, darkxess said:

@Freddo3000 - since this last update of VCOM though the lock feature always worked for AI too, the whole point of me putting vehicles around bases

made it look like a real military compound/base etc, I have zeused now for over 1000 hrs and always did it like this, never before did the AI until now leave 

there positions to get into EVERY vehicle including unarmed jeeps/trucks.

Disable the feature! Use that config file 🙂 I thought there was an option in there to disable it. And I have never had the Zeus lock feature work for AI 

• Like 4

On 6/7/2019 at 6:00 PM, genesis92x said:

VCM_USECBASETTINGS =false means that that the CBA_Settings.sqf will NOT be read, and it will rely on the defaultsettings file or the .hpp file. IF you are using the .hpp file you will need to enable filepatching on the server

Thank you for your reply! -filePatching is enabled on the server and allowedFilePatching is set to 1, so that even HCs can use that configuration file, although Headless Clients are not always "detected" by VCOM:

units are correctly passed locally to Headless Clients, but not always VCOM will apply, I'm still testing, but what seems to be the "problem" is the time at which Headless connect to the Server, can you please help me on this? UPDATE: Even spawning directly on HCs does not solve this issue. Will be happy to further contribute if needed/possible.

Just another question please:
Although in my userconfig file there's VCM_USECBASETTINGS set to false, in the RPT I'm still reading

Spoiler

11:13:35 "VCOM: Loaded Userconfig"
11:13:35 "VCOM: Loaded CBA settings" //CBA is in my modset to support ACE.

Does this mean that userconfig is being "overwritten" by default parameters, even if the rpt does not show "Loaded Default Settings"?

Thank you.

Edited by Lorenz94
updated after deeper tests

@genesis92x Hi.

I have found a somewhat annoying bug. If I give leadership to another AI unit (using selectLeader) and then become leader myself (or if I give leadership to myself when AI was already leader), the mod won't detect I am a leader anymore and keeps giving me orders (move, etc.). As you probably know, this causes certain commands (such as Return to Formation) not to work anymore (instead the player keeps saying "join group").

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leopard20 said:

@genesis92x Hi.

I have found a somewhat annoying bug. If I give leadership to another AI unit (using selectLeader) and then become leader myself (or if I give leadership to myself when AI was already leader), the mod won't detect I am a leader anymore and keeps giving me orders (move, etc.). As you probably know, this causes certain commands (such as Return to Formation) not to work anymore (instead the player keeps saying "join group").

You can hit 0-1 the "Done" command to regain control

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

You can hit 0-1 the "Done" command to regain control

Huh...interesting. Thanks!

• Like 1

So an interesting (and very annoying) bug I've found with VCOM is that if any crew of a vehicle is turned out, AI under VCOM control with only fire at the vehicle with anti-infantry weapons even AI controlling tanks. This results in the players being able to just have the driver turn out (which for most vehicles barely exposes him and he'll never get hit) and making the AI suddenly forget it's an armored vehicle and just spray it machine gun fire. It even works if the AI can't actually see the turned out crew member.

Didn't realize you had a github, it's been reported there now. Link to issue ticket: https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/issues/132

Hi genesis92x,

Thankd for the awesome AI mod!

Regarding installation of the user config file, is the following correct?

• filepatching must be enabled in ARMA init
  • VCM_USECBASETTINGS = false;

Is the proper path to the config file::

• in the mod folder itself: Arma 3\@Vcom AI V3.3.2\userconfig\userconfig\VCOM\AIsettingsV3.hpp
  • or in the separate "userconfigs" folder? i.e.  Arma3\userconfig\VCOM\AIsettingsV3.hpp

thanks! (and hope to get full CBA configuration back when you have time!)

It references the userconfig folder in the Arma 3 directory; the one in the vcom folder is just there to copy & paste it into the Arma 3 userconfig folder.

Hello

I got this error a couple of days ago...

cyiBBpK.jpg

...if there is anything else you need such as other mods used and such, let me know.

ARGH!, I thought I was subscribed (and up to date) but alas, I was not. Updating now. Apologies!

Is anyone else having issues with ai not following mission/zeus waypoints? I have been testing Vcom on the infantry showcase and right after the first autosave your squad's waypoints delete themselves and the team does not move unless they hear gunshots/shot at. Vcom seems to be working because the squad auto changes formation, one of the features of the mod. I used a cheats mod to use zeus during the mission and was able to see in real time the auto deletion of waypoints. Even if I give the squad a few move markers, after a bit they seem to be deleted as well. this goes for both the squad you play as and any additional squads I add. This happens on other missions and anything I set up in editor.  This only happens when I have Vcom activated. 

if anyone has suggestions that would be awesome.  

So quick question for either @Freddo3000 or @genesis92x or anyone that might be able to answer this.

The community we are playing with has the mod version of VCOM that we load in to start missions with; they also mention that they have VCOM running server side as well. Its entirely possible they have a scripted version running with the mission server side. Will the mod version overwrite the settings of the script version or vice versa?

@Nichols

I would not recommend running the mod version with the script version. This could cause some...interesting unknown effects. The upcoming version of Vcom will attempt to protect from this - as if it detects another Vcom already running it will simply abort. I *believe* the mod version always launches first, so that will have priority.

In it's current state, running the mod server-side with the script version will cause interesting side effects. Fortunately, the side effects should be fairly limited - and perhaps a little FPS drop here and there, as AI groups will only run 1 Vcom FSM at a time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer. I am hoping I am wrong but I don't think I am. 

7 hours ago, genesis92x said:

the real sniper spend hours and hours tracking/spoting/calculating to shoot a single bullet... and when he do the result will be fatal because every bullet will end a life,  sniper's life or the target's life however in arma there is no real Ai snipers just regular Ai soldier with sniper gear that keep wasting ammo for nothing and they expose themselves very quickly. by doing so.