Playing with “(SP / CO-8) Random Infantry Skirmish”series. I have not hit either AI and myself, bat they is repeat"healing" There is no ON / OFF check BOX in the CBA settings.

4 hours ago, 3l0ckad3 said:

Okay, I'm glad to see this isn't dead, the workshop page is down, without this mod ARMA is pointless to me, as the stock ai is worthless.
Are you planning on putting up another workshop page @genesis92x ??

Standard AI is just fine. You just need to up their skill level to the max. 0.9 for Veteran AI, 1.0 for (almost) Player-like behaviour. Just set their accuracy a bit lower (0.25-0.5) and you'll have some good AI. Combine that with VCOM AI and you'll have yourself a really challenging battlefield.

11 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Here is a test version of the upcoming update from GitHub:

https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/archive/release/3.3.2.zip

Features many bug fixes, massive optimizations, new handler for artillery, new handler for vehicles, better medic system, with better default setting that allow AI to become suppressed/retreat, with improvements for Zeus controls!

Go ahead and post any complaints/wishes before I "officially" go live. This is late warning, but I am looking to push this release out later tonight. 

Hi!

I get this error?

115AAD12386F8506E74A465276D30EAA89299629

F55AC0C00B3AF8A0512B92D1AB53B85FD0137D9C

Edited by tonner
Forgot a picture.

5 hours ago, TheNightstalk3r said:

Standard AI is just fine. You just need to up their skill level to the max. 0.9 for Veteran AI, 1.0 for (almost) Player-like behaviour. Just set their accuracy a bit lower (0.25-0.5) and you'll have some good AI. Combine that with VCOM AI and you'll have yourself a really challenging battlefield.

I've been goofing around with the ai since arma 2, and there is a lot of things VCom does A LOT better than stock AI, driving being one of my favs. And when you crank up the the ai all you do is tax the server, this mod adds a lot of functionality and fixes that stock AI just doesn't offer, and, I run other mods that are reliant on this mod as well, so, it would be a huge letdown if this one fell off the shelf. This is one of those mods that takes the game to a whole new level, go poke around in the pbos, you'll find it is so much more than just a few blocks of code that you have narrowed it down to, thus, it is not just a few blocks of code. 

• Like 1

Noticing AI ordering their men into nearby empty Ural during Clean Sweep  (the classic OFP mission) - pretty sure these guys have a Seek and Destroy Waypoint. Anyways seems like a death sentence to order AI into an unarmed type vehicle for no reason as they get slaughtered there everytime

For a dedicated server does this mod need to be installed by the players also? 

Was curious, why is the mod hidden in Steam Workshop? I see it updated but the Page is down or hidden?

@victor87 Yes and no. Depends on how it is deployed. There's a scripted method on to a server only, or you can run it on both client and server if the clients will also control Ai. If a client spawns Ai and is not running the mod client side, that subset of Ai will not have VCOM applied to them. At least that's my understanding. So if I'm correct in tht understanding and depending on what you are doing, you may need to resort to a client and server.

23 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Go ahead and post any complaints/wishes before I "officially" go live.

Ok,🙂 how about make sure VCOM doesn't affect civilians, but VCOM driving does. Those poor civs really need to learn to drive.

17 hours ago, tonner said:

Hi!

I get this error?

115AAD12386F8506E74A465276D30EAA89299629

F55AC0C00B3AF8A0512B92D1AB53B85FD0137D9C

Makes sure to update your userconfig folder with the right files 🙂

5 hours ago, NutzMcKracken said:

Was curious, why is the mod hidden in Steam Workshop? I see it updated but the Page is down or hidden?

@victor87 Yes and no. Depends on how it is deployed. There's a scripted method on to a server only, or you can run it on both client and server if the clients will also control Ai. If a client spawns Ai and is not running the mod client side, that subset of Ai will not have VCOM applied to them. At least that's my understanding. So if I'm correct in tht understanding and depending on what you are doing, you may need to resort to a client and server.

I just checked, apparently steam had some new EULA thingy I had to agree to. It should be resolved now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, victor87 said:

For a dedicated server does this mod need to be installed by the players also? 

You could run the mod version server side only but AI which is controlled by clients would not use the modded AI. Only server controlled AI uses the mod enhancements then.

If you use the script version then you could start it on each client and every client would use VCom then without the need of the mod (not on server nor on clients).

hi,thank your for great job.but i have a mistake,new userconfig copy to Arma 3\userconfig,but the game still get some errors, small black prompt box,you know that.

...2 set WaypointBehaviour "AWARE"

[(group   l#l_Driver),(_waypoint2 select 1)] setwayp...

error       :_driver

file\vcomai\vcom\functions\vcm_functions\fn_clstwarn.sqf   [vcm_fnc_clstwarn].

line 106  

6 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Makes sure to update your userconfig folder with the right files 🙂

I just checked, apparently steam had some new EULA thingy I had to agree to. It should be resolved now.

Thanks!

VCOM AI the soldiers move and flank, there is an option for them to remain immobile in a defensive position, for example a trench.

I am getting this error:

"Script Vcom\Functions\VCM_CBASettings.sqf not found"

It's weird as I do not even have that script in the Functions folder which I got from the latest download link.

Anyone? 

Edit: getting this error too now:

U0AxGad.jpg

On the latest script version and units (including player without input) seem to stop and use a Heal animation in a spammy way

I went ahead and finally updated the 1st page to have the appropriate download links. 

Discord

Vcom AI 3.3.2 GitHub   - SUBMIT BUGS/REQUESTS/ETC HERE!

Vcom AI 3.3.2 Steam Version

On 5/7/2019 at 4:20 AM, 775100011@163.com said:

hi,thank your for great job.but i have a mistake,new userconfig copy to Arma 3\userconfig,but the game still get some errors, small black prompt box,you know that.

...2 set WaypointBehaviour "AWARE"

[(group   l#l_Driver),(_waypoint2 select 1)] setwayp...

error       :_driver

file\vcomai\vcom\functions\vcm_functions\fn_clstwarn.sqf   [vcm_fnc_clstwarn].

line 106  

Make sure you are using 3.3.2 off the link above, or the steam version, and then:

SUBMIT BUGS HERE: https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/issues/new/choose
Provide as much detail as possible

On 5/7/2019 at 8:29 AM, Luis Schiavoni said:

VCOM AI the soldiers move and flank, there is an option for them to remain immobile in a defensive position, for example a trench.

VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = false; will prevent any AI from executing advanced movement commands.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:37 AM, genesis92x said:

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NOFLANK",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from executing advanced movement maneuvers.

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from responding to calls for backup.

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_TOUGHSQUAD",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from calling for backup.

(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; //This command will disable Vcom AI on a group entirely.

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_DisableForm",true]; //This command will disable AI group from changing formations.

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_Skilldisable",true]; //This command will disable an AI group from being impacted by Vcom AI skill changes. 

I believe most of these should still work...I should probably update this.

11 hours ago, darkxess said:

I am getting this error:

"Script Vcom\Functions\VCM_CBASettings.sqf not found"

It's weird as I do not even have that script in the Functions folder which I got from the latest download link.

Anyone? 

Edit: getting this error too now:

U0AxGad.jpg

Make sure you are using 3.3.2 off the link above, or the steam version, and then:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

On the latest script version and units (including player without input) seem to stop and use a Heal animation in a spammy way

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NOFLANK",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from executing advanced movement maneuvers.

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from responding to calls for backup.

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_TOUGHSQUAD",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from calling for backup.

(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; //This command will disable Vcom AI on a group entirely.

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_DisableForm",true]; //This command will disable AI group from changing formations.

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_Skilldisable",true]; //This command will disable an AI group from being impacted by Vcom AI skill changes. 

it does not work I tried all the scripts and they still move

8 hours ago, kremator said:

Excellent.  Have we got a mod version too mate ?

Yeah, I can post it here. Currently it's just on steam.

• Like 1

Thanks, that would be appreciated. I hate running mods through steam for my dedi server. I'm too old school! 

It's working for me for the first time. Must say, it is awesome to see how now my soldiers attacked, searched for bushes, after they supposedly cleared the area they at first moved very carefully. Awesome. Also the enemy, did not just stand there and wait for subsequent bullets... Good fun.

Question: I am using it together with MCC/GAIA. I am often in a group led by AI. Your mod or GAIA do continously command me to "Form wedge"/"Form column" like every 5 seconds. I do not need such reports. Anyone knowing of a possibility/mod to filter those commands? I just don't want to hear formation related stuff.

EDIT: I already use @Discipline from Haleks and also asked him if he can do something. https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/175734-discipline/?page=2

@genesis92x I am in a VCOM + GAIA controlled group and it is VCOM (and not GAIA) which too often commands to "Form wedge" and "Form column" - Maybe you add a timecheck to not make it happen too often? When we move along a road, the commander asks to change formation every 5 seconds. The units actually do not change anything visible btw.

It's related to @VcomAI\addons\vcomai\Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\fn_FrmChnge.sqf

To have it more silent, I've put a "if (0.8 > random 1) exitwith {};"  into it.

Since the variable is local and not needed otherwise, can't you just write down the return value?

true

instead of

_VCOM_CHANGEDFORMATION = true;
_VCOM_CHANGEDFORMATION