I was also getting these sorts of errors:

0:57:40 Error in expression <& alive _x) then
{
_totalSuppression = (_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
>
 0:57:40   Error position: <_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
>
 0:57:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: _totalsuppression
 0:57:40 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\suppression\fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf [VCM_fnc_GroupGetSuppression], line 22

but I edited fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf with the following:

private _group = _this;
private _units = units _group;
private _rtrn = 0;
private _totalSuppression = 0;
private _unitsSuppression = 0; //added this

{
    if (!isNull _x && alive _x) then
    {
        _unitsSuppression = getSuppression _x; // added this
        _totalSuppression = _totalSuppression + _unitsSuppression; // was _totalSuppression = (_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
    };
} forEach _units;

//Set suppression to 0 if value is nil
if (isNil "_totalSuppression") then {_totalSuppression = 0};

_rtrn = _totalSuppression / ({!isNull _x && alive _x} count _units);

_rtrn

No longer seeing the errors - does that still achieve what was meant for this function?

Do you have a fix for grouphasradio.sqf ??

Are mines handled differently?

Recently we just had an AT mine go off when an infantry dude got near it. He didn't go over it, just near it.

On 4/14/2019 at 11:45 PM, DirtyDel said:

Do you have a fix for grouphasradio.sqf ??

Can you post what is in your log? I'll have a go at fixing it if i can

On 4/13/2019 at 11:00 PM, damsous said:

Hello i just dowload the latest version of Vcom (script version) in the past i was using this line to init Vcom :

[] execVM "Vcom\VcomInit.sqf";

Now i noticed a new sqf, VcomInitClient.sqf, so maybe its a stupid question but wich init need to be call in the init.sqf ?

The current version execute only through the description.ext

The version I am currently working on executes through the init.sqf again.

I'm currently having lots of fun with MCCs GAIA system... looks like I need to look into VCOM as well.

For already existing groups, GAIA does not take them as a default setting. I can set variables on groups for GAIA to take control over them. Can I have the same behaviour in VCOM? I mean to not have it control groups which it has not spawned by itself? I want to have GAIA and VCOM units on map, maybe even on the same SIDE.

GAIA automatically places groups and I want to prevent them to be controlled by VCOM at the same time. Vice versa, it's like every GAIA spawned group automatically should have "Vcm_Disable" set...

Hello,

I wanna say you ve done an amazing job with your mod! I follow your work since the start.

I have ideas and I was wondering if it can be theoretically implemented.

It s pure theory but, I always thought the AI lacked a lot in therm defense capabilities. I mean that they are not able to  effectively defend a sector or a position, they always run around in a stupid manner.

Is it possible to add some kind a waypoint that make the AI watch a certain position or make them take position to get a view on it?

I think it could be a way to implement a AI script that makes them able to defend a location like:

-Put a waypoint: Guard on a building to make them move inside or next to a structure (like a trench)

-Put a waypoint: Watch 

Thus the AI would put themself in position to guard the sector while taking then watch the sector in question (we could put something like  amarker if we want a wider area for them to stay in like multiple buildings.).

Also an other waypooint like a Fall back waypoint that would make the AI behave a certain way to fall back to a position. Wich could be a great add to your mod to make the AI a lot more dynamic.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:08 PM, tortuosit said:

I'm currently having lots of fun with MCCs GAIA system... looks like I need to look into VCOM as well.

For already existing groups, GAIA does not take them as a default setting. I can set variables on groups for GAIA to take control over them. Can I have the same behaviour in VCOM? I mean to not have it control groups which it has not spawned by itself? I want to have GAIA and VCOM units on map, maybe even on the same SIDE.

GAIA automatically places groups and I want to prevent them to be controlled by VCOM at the same time. Vice versa, it's like every GAIA spawned group automatically should have "Vcm_Disable" set...

You'd have to look into how GAIA spawns the groups in and just add a VCM_DISABLE (Or whatever it exactly is) to them, and just enable it for the groups you want. By default Vcom runs on every group

4 hours ago, marez12 said:

Hello,

I wanna say you ve done an amazing job with your mod! I follow your work since the start.

I have ideas and I was wondering if it can be theoretically implemented.

It s pure theory but, I always thought the AI lacked a lot in therm defense capabilities. I mean that they are not able to  effectively defend a sector or a position, they always run around in a stupid manner.

Is it possible to add some kind a waypoint that make the AI watch a certain position or make them take position to get a view on it?

I think it could be a way to implement a AI script that makes them able to defend a location like:

-Put a waypoint: Guard on a building to make them move inside or next to a structure (like a trench)

-Put a waypoint: Watch 

Thus the AI would put themself in position to guard the sector while taking then watch the sector in question (we could put something like  amarker if we want a wider area for them to stay in like multiple buildings.).

Also an other waypooint like a Fall back waypoint that would make the AI behave a certain way to fall back to a position. Wich could be a great add to your mod to make the AI a lot more dynamic.

Currently if you put the AI on a HOLD waypoint they will garrison the nearest structure

AI will randomly garrison structures during combat for a short time

A "watch" waypoint would be ideal, although it doesn't exist. Currently the AI will sometimes look for the highest ground in combat when trying to get vision on a position, but that's about it.

A few of the requests (fall back waypoints/garrison multiple buildings) are more mission specific items that fall to the mission designer to create. Vcom AI will aim to modify/compliment vanilla AI behavior and not 'completely' overhaul it.

• Like 2

Oh  I understand but well it s already an overhaul compared to the basic one imo. 

When you command there is an order to make a unit watch a location is this what you are talking about?

I've some errors in .rpt. I use the current script version. My coop mission is at beginning of creation process and I ve set up only some enemies (about 10) which I gave no waypoints in eden. I just dropped them with Eden and set up their stance.

Spoiler

23:09:14 Error in expression <n 
{
_fsm setFSMVariable ["_situation", _newSituation];
};>
23:09:14   Error position: <_newSituation];
};>
23:09:14   Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _newsituation
23:09:14 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\situation\fn_SetSituation.sqf [VCM_fnc_SetSituation], line 20
23:09:14 Error in expression <en
{
_situation = "FLANKING";
};
[_grp, _flanking] call VCM_fnc_SetSituation; 

>
23:09:14   Error position: <_flanking] call VCM_fnc_SetSituation; 

>
23:09:14   Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _flanking
23:09:14 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\garrison\fn_UnGarrisonL.sqf [VCM_fnc_UnGarrisonL], line 21
23:09:24 Error in expression <n 
{
};>
23:09:24   Error position: <_newSituation];
};>
23:09:24   Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _newsituation
23:09:24 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\situation\fn_SetSituation.sqf [VCM_fnc_SetSituation], line 20
23:09:24 Error in expression <en
{
_situation = "FLANKING";
};

>
23:09:24   Error position: <_flanking] call VCM_fnc_SetSituation; 

>
23:09:24   Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _flanking
23:09:24 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\garrison\fn_UnGarrisonL.sqf [VCM_fnc_UnGarrisonL], line 21
23:09:34 Error in expression <n 
{
};>
23:09:34   Error position: <_newSituation];
};>
23:09:34   Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _newsituation
23:09:34 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\situation\fn_SetSituation.sqf [VCM_fnc_SetSituation], line 20
23:09:34 Error in expression <en
{
_situation = "FLANKING";
};

>
23:09:34   Error position: <_flanking] call VCM_fnc_SetSituation; 

>
23:09:34   Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _flanking
23:09:34 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\garrison\fn_UnGarrisonL.sqf [VCM_fnc_UnGarrisonL], line 21

"Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck:"  translates as "Error undefinded variable in expression:"

I'm using it together with GAIA, ATM it should try to use GAIA spawned units. Will check vanilla + VCOM soon. Any idea here?

EDIT: Happens without GAIA as well. I am using the VCOM mod version btw. The userconfig file is copied to ".\Arma 3\userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV4.hpp" and otherwise as untouched.

Zeus spawned groups just stay and do not move, looks like Vcom does not get control over them.

I get spammed a lot with this:

FB53ED3C02EE22E557E544E47DE085EF3787EF32

I've been fiddling around with Vcom for a bit, but it's been a recent addition to my A3Wasteland MP mission, which uses civilians as the AI (with the other factions as playable). I'm not too sure if Vcom has control over them, as I read this on the Armaholic page:

*CHANGED* Civilian AI's removed from VCOM's interactions by default. (Thanks Vasily!)

Just wanted to see if there was anything I needed to do other than the basics of installing it to get Vcom to control CIV?

Cheers 🙂

I got a question, what does side based skills mean and how does it work?

20 hours ago, techladdie said:

I've been fiddling around with Vcom for a bit, but it's been a recent addition to my A3Wasteland MP mission, which uses civilians as the AI (with the other factions as playable). I'm not too sure if Vcom has control over them, as I read this on the Armaholic page:

Just wanted to see if there was anything I needed to do other than the basics of installing it to get Vcom to control CIV?

Cheers 🙂

Just be careful, one of the reasons I pushed to get civilians removed was because I noticed in our ALiVE missions as soon as we shot an OPFOR almost every civ in the area generated a waypoint at the body.
Ie towns would empty just to go and stand by the body

4 hours ago, B_Fox said:

I got a question, what does side based skills mean and how does it work?

Side based skills is there so you could have for instance rebel forces with much lower training acting "worse" than proper trained forces.

Eg leave VCM_AISKILL_AIMINGACCURACY_W = 0.25; and change VCM_AISKILL_AIMINGACCURACY_E to say  0.15; and your east forces will be less accurate than your western forces

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JD Wang said:

Side based skills is there so you could have for instance rebel forces with much lower training acting "worse" than proper trained forces.

Eg leave VCM_AISKILL_AIMINGACCURACY_W = 0.25; and change VCM_AISKILL_AIMINGACCURACY_E to say  0.15; and your east forces will be less accurate than your western forces

I thought so, thanks for confirming!

But this also means if I have lets say a blufor rebel squad and a blufor army squad i'd have to manually give the rebel squad worse accuracy right?

18 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

But this also means if I have lets say a blufor rebel squad and a blufor army squad i'd have to manually give the rebel squad worse accuracy right?

I think in that case you'd have to set one group via classnames.

In that situation I'd try and use a GREENFOR as my rebels

• Thanks 1

Has anyone experienced UAVs behaving unpredictably with Vcom? Such as ignoring waypoint altitude and behaviour.

We're currently looking at switching to a Headless Client for our group and just wanted to know if there's any issues I need to know about with VCOM + HC''s?
I always use the script version when building missions.

Hey @genesis92x I'm just wondering if you have played Invade & Annex? 

Well, we have our own edited version of it, and we just started using VCOM AI the latest version. Well you know how the Invade & Annex works hopefully, it pre-sets a given AO and 

gives all the AI in that area patrol routes etc, but when using VCOM AI it and the fighting starts within that AO it basically resets all the patrol routes etc and the patrols that were patrolling

just stand there with nothing to do anymore. We love your VCOM AI mod, especially on ZEUS missions, but is there any way to get it to work alongside Invade & Annex?

Thanks man 🙂

17 hours ago, JD Wang said:

We're currently looking at switching to a Headless Client for our group and just wanted to know if there's any issues I need to know about with VCOM + HC''s?

i guess as long you ensure that vcom starts on your HC it shouldn't have other issues than on servers.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:25 PM, ampersand38 said:

Has anyone experienced UAVs behaving unpredictably with Vcom? Such as ignoring waypoint altitude and behaviour.

I haven't really tested this - UAV's should not be impacted by VCOM AI, but this probably needs more testing with the new version.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:56 PM, JD Wang said:

On 4/28/2019 at 10:19 AM, sarogahtyp said:

i guess as long you ensure that vcom starts on your HC it shouldn't have other issues than on servers.

Script version is the easiest for HC's. 

Some issues do exist for Vcom AI and headless clients:

1) Artillery arrays are not global - so artillery units local to one machine will NOT be used by another machine.

2) AI on different machines will not support each other in a "quick-and-snappy" way. IE, sometimes waypoint generation and etc does not work if one group tries to call support from another group who is local to another machine.

3) A few other of these locality Issues I can't remember...

Other than that, as long as you spawn in the AI local to the HC, or spawn the units in and then "hand" them over to the HC(s), there shouldn't be too much of a noticeable difference. Although, your mileage will vary.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:23 AM, darkxess said:

Hey @genesis92x I'm just wondering if you have played Invade & Annex? 

Well, we have our own edited version of it, and we just started using VCOM AI the latest version. Well you know how the Invade & Annex works hopefully, it pre-sets a given AO and 

gives all the AI in that area patrol routes etc, but when using VCOM AI it and the fighting starts within that AO it basically resets all the patrol routes etc and the patrols that were patrolling

just stand there with nothing to do anymore. We love your VCOM AI mod, especially on ZEUS missions, but is there any way to get it to work alongside Invade & Annex?

Thanks man 🙂

I love Invade and Annex 🙂 It's where my idea of Dissension came from (One day I will get back to that...). The upcoming version shouldn't mess with waypoints AS MUCH, as I am reverting a lot of the changes. 

Getting Vcom AI to work fully with Invade and Annex would take a little bit of poking around - it might be as simple as changing the parameters for Vcom AI so the AI don't generate additional waypoints.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, genesis92x said:

I love Invade and Annex 🙂 It's where my idea of Dissension came from (One day I will get back to that...). The upcoming version shouldn't mess with waypoints AS MUCH, as I am reverting a lot of the changes. 

Getting Vcom AI to work fully with Invade and Annex would take a little bit of poking around - it might be as simple as changing the parameters for Vcom AI so the AI don't generate additional waypoints.

What about something like "Antistasi" has done, he made his map (by script) so it is compatible with things like RHS and ACE mod by just recognising it, maybe something like this that would then disable your parts that mess with I&A. The main problem we had was men not following my waypoints as a ZEUS, also when there was gunfire from afar the units would just stand in there position very VERY far away and keep shouting (spamming) lol such as "enemy spotted". There were times I would just have to delete and quickly put in the random patrol again so the mission could go on as planned.

Hoping your coming updates can make things work as they should, thanks mate 🙂

• Thanks 1

Here is a test version of the upcoming update from GitHub:

https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/archive/release/3.3.2.zip

Features many bug fixes, massive optimizations, new handler for artillery, new handler for vehicles, better medic system, with better default setting that allow AI to become suppressed/retreat, with improvements for Zeus controls!

Go ahead and post any complaints/wishes before I "officially" go live. This is late warning, but I am looking to push this release out later tonight. 

• Like 7

Okay, I'm glad to see this isn't dead, the workshop page is down, without this mod ARMA is pointless to me, as the stock ai is worthless.
Are you planning on putting up another workshop page @genesis92x ??

Hi Genesis,
Great to see a coming release,
In the same spirit than my request to be able to un-select automatic artillery support for a side, it could be great to have also menu to deselect for a side only the different line than some of us code in the initial file: avoid call for support, avoid flank, avoid waypoint creation, ...