7 hours ago, Freddo3000 said:

@Duke101

Thanks for the report.
@genesis92x seemingly pushed the development branch to stable without prior communication, which has left a few things without proper playtesting.

No better testers than the community Freddo 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, topden said:

error on dedic server.
http://joxi.ru/MAjBEkqCjRjaxA

9 hours ago, Duke101 said:

Thanks for your continued handwork on this guys, it is appreciated. 

All see ms good,  but I have one error come up.

Running: 3.2.2 script version

Testing on dedicated. Zeus in some blufor units to ensure a garrison (opfor) was properly disabled on vcom (so they remain in garrison), with some patrols with vcom enabled.
thanks.

_rtrn = _totalSuppression / ({!isNull _x && aliv>
 9:36:30   Error position: <_totalSuppression / ({!isNull _x && aliv>
 9:36:30   Error Undefined variable in expression: _totalsuppression
 9:36:30 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\suppression\fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf [VCM_fnc_GroupGetSuppression], line 26
 9:36:33 O Alpha 1-2: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
 9:36:33 Error in expression <sion _x);
};
} forEach _units; 

Alright, these errors have been fixed 🙂 Will be updating soon

3.3.0 is out! Just a few bug fixes for the errors. I'm sure there will be more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the update guys, love your work. Vcom puts a whole different level on the ai, makes them more unpredictable and alive.

The new update 3.2.2 is working well for me with no problems.

• Like 2

Thank you for the update! Good stuff as always
With 3.3 I dont see any reaction to gunfire within VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE. And an AI squad barely reacts when coming under direct fire from far... dive to kneel animation and just standing. Tested with CBA&VCOM only. 
Also noticed that tanks would not move on a seek & destroy waypoint from far - maybe dynamic simulation?

Btw how would I set snipers to have a spot distance skill of 1? What would be the classnames?

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, genesis92x said:

Vcom AI 3.3.0 Script Version

is this right? because the link on first page leads to a folder called 3.0

I set the skill to 0 for all parties and thought that the bots would not get into each other for a long time, but 2 groups destroyed each other in about 30 seconds, should it be so?

@AlexMercerIV

There's a lot of variables here, how close were they to one another, were they in an open field, elevation, etc.

Love the VCOM mod. keep up the great work.

Been seeing a few of the following errors lately... Not sure if its from the VCOM updates

isNil {(waypoints _Group) select 1} ||
{!(((waypoints _Group) sele>
18:06:22   Error position: <select 1} ||
18:06:22   Error Zero divisor
18:06:42 Error in expression <OVEMENT} &&
{

Getting these in the RPT with the latest version.

0:57:40 Error in expression <& alive _x) then
{
_totalSuppression = (_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
>
 0:57:40   Error position: <_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
>
 0:57:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: _totalsuppression
 0:57:40 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\suppression\fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf [VCM_fnc_GroupGetSuppression], line 22

14 hours ago, Freddo3000 said:

@AlexMercerIV

There's a lot of variables here, how close were they to one another, were they in an open field, elevation, etc.

5 people in the group on both sides and they were at a distance of 400m in the open field, I tried the mod "Achilles" and put the skill there at 0.2 (this is the minimum) the battle lasted a little longer than 30 seconds. would just like to fight for my task longer

and in "Liberation" mission ai skill tweaks not working enemies shoot single at 300m and hit 1/4 of the shots while the stats of all sides are 0.1

18 hours ago, AlexMercerIV said:

I set the skill to 0 for all parties and thought that the bots would not get into each other for a long time, but 2 groups destroyed each other in about 30 seconds, should it be so?

6 hours ago, AlexMercerIV said:

5 people in the group on both sides and they were at a distance of 400m in the open field, I tried the mod "Achilles" and put the skill there at 0.2 (this is the minimum) the battle lasted a little longer than 30 seconds. would just like to fight for my task longer

and in "Liberation" mission ai skill tweaks not working enemies shoot single at 300m and hit 1/4 of the shots while the stats of all sides are 0.1

Take a look at my response on the steam forums.

11 hours ago, MikeyBStard said:

Love the VCOM mod. keep up the great work.

Been seeing a few of the following errors lately... Not sure if its from the VCOM updates

isNil {(waypoints _Group) select 1} ||
18:06:22   Error position: <select 1} ||
18:06:22   Error Zero divisor
18:06:42 Error in expression <OVEMENT} &&
{

7 hours ago, MK84 said:

Getting these in the RPT with the latest version.

{
>
>
 0:57:40 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\suppression\fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf [VCM_fnc_GroupGetSuppression], line 22

Thanks for the reports 🙂

• Thanks 1

I was getting this with latest: [EDIT: latest VCOM Script Version which downloads as VCOM 3.2.2 but it was supposed to be 3.3.0?]

9:49:21 Error in expression <en
{
_situation = "FLANKING";
};
[_grp, _flanking] call VCM_fnc_SetSituation; 

>
 9:49:21   Error position: <_flanking] call VCM_fnc_SetSituation; 

>
 9:49:21   Error Undefined variable in expression: _flanking
 9:49:21 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\garrison\fn_UnGarrisonL.sqf [VCM_fnc_UnGarrisonL], line 21

I changed the file fn_UnGarrisonL.sqf to this:

private _grp = _this;
private _situation = "READY";

if (count waypoints _grp > 1) then
{
	_situation = "FLANKING";
};
[_grp, _situation] call VCM_fnc_SetSituation; // was [_grp, _flanking] call VCM_fnc_SetSituation; 

{
	_x enableAI "PATH";
} forEach units _grp;

if VCM_DEBUG then {systemChat format ["VCOM: %1 UN-L-GARRISONING BUILDING", _grp]};

Changing the [_grp, _flanking] to [_grp, _situation] seemed to fix the issue

Edited by Explodie
updating version reported
  • Thanks 1

I was also getting these sorts of errors:

{
>
>

but I edited fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf with the following:

private _group = _this;
private _units = units _group;
private _rtrn = 0;
private _totalSuppression = 0;
private _unitsSuppression = 0; //added this

{
    if (!isNull _x && alive _x) then
    {
        _unitsSuppression = getSuppression _x; // added this
        _totalSuppression = _totalSuppression + _unitsSuppression; // was _totalSuppression = (_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
    };
} forEach _units;

//Set suppression to 0 if value is nil
if (isNil "_totalSuppression") then {_totalSuppression = 0};

_rtrn = _totalSuppression / ({!isNull _x && alive _x} count _units);

_rtrn

No longer seeing the errors - does that still achieve what was meant for this function?

Edited by Explodie
was easier to read as code blocks rather than spoilers

On 3/31/2019 at 7:05 AM, Explodie said:

I was also getting these sorts of errors:

{
>
>

but I edited fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf with the following:

private _group = _this;
private _units = units _group;
private _rtrn = 0;
private _totalSuppression = 0;
private _unitsSuppression = 0; //added this

{
    if (!isNull _x && alive _x) then
    {
        _unitsSuppression = getSuppression _x; // added this
        _totalSuppression = _totalSuppression + _unitsSuppression; // was _totalSuppression = (_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
    };
} forEach _units;

//Set suppression to 0 if value is nil
if (isNil "_totalSuppression") then {_totalSuppression = 0};

_rtrn = _totalSuppression / ({!isNull _x && alive _x} count _units);

_rtrn

No longer seeing the errors - does that still achieve what was meant for this function?

That should work just fine, I will take a look into fixing the undefined variable 🙂

EDIT: The next release of Vcom will be different from this release. Freddo and I have decided that he will create his own "Fork" of Vcom and I will maintain my own version. No big drama, just both wanted two very different things for the mod. As a result, many of the bug reports will be invalid until the new version is published. Hopefully by this Sunday. Once Freddo feels comfortable releasing his version of Vcom I will provide a link in the 1st post of this thread.

• Like 1

@genesis92x Hey man , great to come back and see Vcom updated.Jumped rite in, had a test...superb building gameplay.AI garrison and clear really nicely and the percentage chance we can create for them to garrison is nioce.

I had a question regarding AI ragdoll. I noticed my guys not playing the ragdoll that was in the previous(or one of the previous) Vcom iterations...The animation was great the last time...AI get pegged and then they fall down,remain there for a few seconds.Now all i see is the AI using the prone/side default stance animation that the player can do.

Its also very rare.I have ragdoll set to 100% and im not seeing it happen much.

Did you remove the older animation,or am i missing something?

Im aware there is a distance the player must be away for ragdoll to function,but im pretty far out,about 200-300 meters.

Regarding the latest version of Vcom,i downloaded mine from Armaholic today.

Hope your well 

cheers man

On 4/5/2019 at 3:49 AM, redarmy said:

@genesis92x Hey man , great to come back and see Vcom updated.Jumped rite in, had a test...superb building gameplay.AI garrison and clear really nicely and the percentage chance we can create for them to garrison is nioce.

I had a question regarding AI ragdoll. I noticed my guys not playing the ragdoll that was in the previous(or one of the previous) Vcom iterations...The animation was great the last time...AI get pegged and then they fall down,remain there for a few seconds.Now all i see is the AI using the prone/side default stance animation that the player can do.

Its also very rare.I have ragdoll set to 100% and im not seeing it happen much.

Did you remove the older animation,or am i missing something?

Im aware there is a distance the player must be away for ragdoll to function,but im pretty far out,about 200-300 meters.

Regarding the latest version of Vcom,i downloaded mine from Armaholic today.

Hope your well 

cheers man

Hey redarmy, 

For a little background, Freddo and I were working together on updating Vcom (Mostly him in my 3 month absence) and some features were cut. The ragdolling system is one of them in the current version, although some of the variables still exist. However, in the next update the ragdolling will be back, with some additional fixes. 

Currently I am working on a much more dynamic and interesting artillery system - something that players will definitely notice a difference of.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Hey redarmy, 

For a little background, Freddo and I were working together on updating Vcom (Mostly him in my 3 month absence) and some features were cut. The ragdolling system is one of them in the current version, although some of the variables still exist. However, in the next update the ragdolling will be back, with some additional fixes. 

Currently I am working on a much more dynamic and interesting artillery system - something that players will definitely notice a difference of.

Awesome to hear they will be back.

I had one issue other than that,the AI on waypoints will sometimes "leave a man behind" or he will get stuck in a position and not follow leader if group had been in contact along said waypoint.

I just got back to Arma myself and i saw you artillery vid on youtube...very interesting system,really like the look of it.

Hi Genesis,
Is it a code line could be added in a script to avoid my bluefor team to request an artillery fire each time they see an ennemy?
I played « liberation » and I have to desactivate Vcom for blue due to that.

5 hours ago, Guillaume Massé said:

Hi Genesis,
Is it a code line could be added in a script to avoid my bluefor team to request an artillery fire each time they see an ennemy?
I played « liberation » and I have to desactivate Vcom for blue due to that.

That's a good idea, adding a variable.

9 hours ago, redarmy said:

Awesome to hear they will be back.

I had one issue other than that,the AI on waypoints will sometimes "leave a man behind" or he will get stuck in a position and not follow leader if group had been in contact along said waypoint.

I just got back to Arma myself and i saw you artillery vid on youtube...very interesting system,really like the look of it.

I have noticed this behavior as well, I will be taking a look into it.

@genesis92x OK then i should report other things iv noticed.Really strange but using the init command/s are not working for me

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true];   The no rescue for example ,the group still are responding to friendly units in contact and moving to assist.

The only way to prevent this is to change radio distance to respond to 0 meters.

Also "chance to garrison" seems broken.Setting it at 30% and AI always enter buildings...then maybe half the squad leaves while the rest remain inside.

Iv attempted 10-20 tests and everytime with a 30% chance,AI have entered a structure.

im not using the user config,im changing settings directly from the addon options ingame.

Hi, I've been experimenting with VCOM for quite some time and I'm really impressed by your works. I play with a fairly large group of player (20-30 players), and I recently encountered a problem. I realized two missions for my community, both for around 25 players. The first one went smoothly with greats firefights in an urban setting but we encountered a strange bug on the second one. Despite setting the skills settings of the AI fairly low using the VCOM config init, during the mission the AI suddenly started to become much more effective (most players took head shot from far away and died instantly). Before playing it with 25 players I heavily tested it with just two players and we encountered no such problems. The mission was played using VCOM 3.0.0. Do you have any idea from where the problem might have come from ? My theory is that the AI for some reason switched back to the default VCOM setting, before the script start to modify the values (0.9 if i remember correctly), perhaps because of a server overload. I would love to do more testing but the problem seem to appear only with a large number of players so it is not really practicable. Keep up the good work, VCOM is amazing !

1 hour ago, Pataplouf said:

Hi, I've been experimenting with VCOM for quite some time and I'm really impressed by your works. I play with a fairly large group of player (20-30 players), and I recently encountered a problem. I realized two missions for my community, both for around 25 players. The first one went smoothly with greats firefights in an urban setting but we encountered a strange bug on the second one. Despite setting the skills settings of the AI fairly low using the VCOM config init, during the mission the AI suddenly started to become much more effective (most players took head shot from far away and died instantly). Before playing it with 25 players I heavily tested it with just two players and we encountered no such problems. The mission was played using VCOM 3.0.0. Do you have any idea from where the problem might have come from ? My theory is that the AI for some reason switched back to the default VCOM setting, before the script start to modify the values (0.9 if i remember correctly), perhaps because of a server overload. I would love to do more testing but the problem seem to appear only with a large number of players so it is not really practicable. Keep up the good work, VCOM is amazing !

Be carefull if you equip modded weapon to the AI, same thing hapened to me it was the KA weapon pack that completly breack the AI aiming skill (headshot at 500m).

Hello i just dowload the latest version of Vcom (script version) in the past i was using this line to init Vcom :

[] execVM "Vcom\VcomInit.sqf";

Now i noticed a new sqf, VcomInitClient.sqf, so maybe its a stupid question but wich init need to be call in the init.sqf ?

1 hour ago, damsous said:

Be carefull if you equip modded weapon to the AI, same thing hapened to me it was the KA weapon pack that completly breack the AI aiming skill (headshot at 500m).

KA weapons pack makes some config changes.I noticed in a mission im making that a normal NATO rifleman(all of them i placed down in eden editor) was marked as a modded unit (KA Beside his name)  

So i think your correct.KA interferes in some way. Again this rifleman was a basic rifleman from NATO...IN NO WAY a modded unit...disabling KA weapons pack and loading scenario and met with the inability to load it because its missing KA weapons mod....

really odd . So got rid of it.