Hi there.
I am having an issue with the mod version of v3.2.1 using CBA settings running on a dedicated server with one Headless Client. When running a scenario on the server with AI infantry (that have been left long enough to be controlled by the HC,) I haven't been able to get the AI to exhibit some of the flanking manoeuvres, empty-turret-manning, and cover-seeking movements. When on the server I've been able to watch `Vcm_ActivateAI` and `VCM_FFEARTILLERY` which have both been true. The CBA settings for VCOM have been editable, I have had VCM_Debug and RydFFE_Debug enabled. The Fire For Effect debug actions have been visible on the map with "Podnos" mortars, going through the stages of "Firing Battery" and watching the ETA count-down, but the mortar tubes aren't facing in the right direction and no mortars are launched out the tubes. The mortar units seem to do a slight twitching from left to right, but never rotate enough to fire. I've been able to get the mod to work running a local MP session with v3.2.1. In contrast, I have been able to get v3.1 to work on the server with the same settings.

If you need any more information for this to make sense, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated as this is a great mod and I can't wait to see players go up against it.

@Jessar I'm going to guess that the issue lies with headless clients, there is no real support for them as it stands, and I am not able to test for them.

@Freddo3000 if I don't have -filepatching and still wanted the AISettingsV4 included on the script version of VCOMAI, would something like this added into VCOMAI\functions\VCOMAI_DefaultSettings.sqf work?

VCOMAI_Func = 
{
#include "userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV4.hpp" //   <--- add this for user config no filepatch?

//Enable or disable the INGAME setting menu. This is off by default due to compatability issues with multiple mods and scripts. And I am tired of hearing people complain all the time :D 
VCOM_AIINGAMEMENU = false;
//Variable for enabling/disabling skill changes for AI. True is on, False is off.
VCOM_AISkillEnabled = true;
.... etc

#EDIT: or if that concept works, add the #include at the bottom?

Thanks a ton in advance!

- Explodie

@Explodie That wouldn't work, as #include only works in config.cpp and description.ext. You can however simply change the VCOMAI_DefaultSettings.sqf file to what you want and it should work.

@Freddo3000 thanks for that!

.... Not many of the things in the AISettingsV4.hpp appear in the VCOMAI_DefaultSettings.sqf so a merger should do the trick?

@Freddo3000 OK noted. Previous versions seem to run fine though; there must have been something that changed with regards to the use with HCs since v3.1? Without HCs the performance on servers with VCOM must be terrible?

@Jessar

The way that VCOM launches changed in 3.2, from being in the init.sqf to a function called on mission start. I'll look if I can find what may make it not run on Headless clients, but again I must state that VCOM isn't tested with HCs in mind.

On the topic of performance, it really depends upon the server. I can run with 100 - 150 AI without the server struggling, though I haven't done much testing beyond that number.

If I spawn a group and script a hold waypoint onto a nearby building location, VCOM will make that group garrison the building correct?
If so then when I want to group to move to say another building, would I delete that waypoint and create another hold waypoint on another building?

I'm working on a little side mission where the players have to kill and HVT and would like him to move with his bodyguards randomly around the place setting up in buildings and spreading decent before moving on.

Would something like that work?

@JD Wang

I'd recommend placing a move waypoint between them, as VCOM doesn't check if the "HOLD" waypoint has moved. Other than that, it should work.

• Thanks 1

Yes please if possible get it squared away with HC. Been using them together for a long time and without VCOM just isn't the same.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 8:54 AM, BvB1 said:

Yes please if possible get it squared away with HC. Been using them together for a long time and without VCOM just isn't the same.

I am back! I will be meeting with Freddo to see what has changed in my absence. I have a multi-server setup that I used to easily test HC's with in the past. HC support is a big thing for me so I will take a look into the code and pick it apart to test HC functionality.

Now that I am back, I will do my best to keep up on the forums here 🙂 Can't let Freddo have all the fun.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I hope your move in went smooth. Glad you are back. WOOOOOOOOOOOT

22 hours ago, ayoung said:

I hope your move in went smooth. Glad you are back. WOOOOOOOOOOOT

The actual moving of the furniture went very well. Done in 10 hours. Selling, buying, and closing on our homes took about a month longer than expected. If it wasn't for the amazing service of Xfinity I wouldn't have internet until April at our place. Thank you for the post 🙂

• Like 1

Glad to hear it all went well @genesis92x . Can't wait to see what happens now that you can collaborate with @Freddo3000 further. I think he has done a good job in keeping the updates flowing and working through some of the issues that have cropped up.

• Thanks 1

Good to hear that you are back now !  You're gonna be busy with VCOM and Dissension.  Looking forward to both !

On 3/20/2019 at 7:33 AM, Nichols said:

Glad to hear it all went well @genesis92x . Can't wait to see what happens now that you can collaborate with @Freddo3000 further. I think he has done a good job in keeping the updates flowing and working through some of the issues that have cropped up.

Yeah 🙂 He has done a great job - I am thinking of just giving it to him 😄

On 3/20/2019 at 2:28 PM, kremator said:

Good to hear that you are back now !  You're gonna be busy with VCOM and Dissension.  Looking forward to both !

Thanks Kremator 🙂

• Confused 1

On 3/22/2019 at 3:17 PM, genesis92x said:

Yeah 🙂 He has done a great job - I am thinking of just giving it to him 😄

Thanks Kremator 🙂

Only if he promises to make videos doing the coding/testing as well 😂

Vcom AI 3.2.2 has been "offically" updated. The GitHub version should now be on steam.

-CBA integration fixes
-Artillery error fixes
-Added Vcom Driving (experimental)
-Vcom AI will ignore squads with players in them
-Overhauled initialization
-AI movement during combat tweaked
-AI healing improved
-AI unique animations
-Other things I forgot about

Vcom AI 3.2.2 Mod Version

Vcom AI 3.2.2 Script Version

Vcom AI 3.2.2 Steam Version

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Thanks for your continued handwork on this guys, it is appreciated. 

All see ms good,  but I have one error come up.

Running: 3.2.2 script version

Testing on dedicated. Zeus in some blufor units to ensure a garrison (opfor) was properly disabled on vcom (so they remain in garrison), with some patrols with vcom enabled.
thanks.

_rtrn = _totalSuppression / ({!isNull _x && aliv>
 9:36:30   Error position: <_totalSuppression / ({!isNull _x && aliv>
 9:36:30   Error Undefined variable in expression: _totalsuppression
 9:36:30 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\suppression\fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf [VCM_fnc_GroupGetSuppression], line 26
 9:36:33 O Alpha 1-2: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
 9:36:33 Error in expression <sion _x);
};
} forEach _units; 

• Thanks 1

@Duke101

Thanks for the report.
@genesis92x seemingly pushed the development branch to stable without prior communication, which has left a few things without proper playtesting.