can it be, that the mines placed by AI can't be disabled, when ace3 is running?

On 1/12/2019 at 7:19 AM, BRPVP said:

I run a dedicated server with AI serverside, i need to run VCOM only on the server?

Correct. Any AI on the server will have Vcom running.

6 hours ago, madpat3 said:

can it be, that the mines placed by AI can't be disabled, when ace3 is running?

Hrm, possibly. We will be fleshing out and polishing Vcom with the next update, this should add more options and bug fixes.

• Like 2

Thanks for this Genesis! Getting back into Arma and I'm very excited to try this. I remember using your mod previously and I had a lot of fun with it. 

I do have a question, apologies if it's already been asked but I could not find it in the search results. The server will have VCOM and CBA enabled, do I still need to edit the user config or can I log into the server as admin and change the settings on the fly there instead?

Thank you

Thanks for the answer Genesis.

VCOM worth to run on a server with 5 fps? Not VCOM fault, off course.

Thanks!

On 1/16/2019 at 8:49 AM, genesis92x said:

Those are the script versions only, unfortunately. You would have to install them into a mission manually.

Thanks, as always for your great work and continuing to update VCOM. It is appreciated. 

I have the scripted 3.2 and we also have vcom driving running as a server side mod - do we need to disable vcom on the server now, assuming vcom driving is now contained within the 3.2.script version ? Probably obvious question, just wanted to double check. Thanks

Stupid(?) questions... :) 

If running the script version, will it still use the userconfig file?  Either way, can I do the settings via the VcomAI_DefaultSettings.sqf within the mission? Trying to find the "best" way to use this when changing mod sets etc, having all the settings in the mission vs swapping userconfigs.

Next, when using classname specific AI skills, It says it overrides. This is hierarchical, so skill will be what is set for the side, except for units of a classname that is set, correct? Always meant to try this out but stuck with side specific for simplicity up to now. 

Thanks!

@BvB1

The script version does use the userconfig file as long as the server has filepatching enabled.

Unit skills are as you say, hierarchical. First side specific skill is applied and then overwritten with class skill.

We're bringing back our weekly Zeus mission this week, does the 3.2 RC have the Zeus code in it and would you say it's ready "enough" to be taken for a test run? 

@JD Wang
The 3.2 release I would say is ready to go on a test run, I've ran it on one of my sessions without any noticing any bugs. It does include the Zeus code as well.

I'll look into packing up into a mod sometime during this week, though when it will be able to reach the workshop depends on if @genesis92x has time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've been playing a single-player KP Liberation campaign with VCOM AI installed (which has been a HUGE improvement overall), but I noticed some unusual behavior yesterday. I tried to create 4 different squads and have them all attack the same objective from multiple angles (using Zeus to command them all since High Command doesn't work in KPL). What happened consistently is that all of the squads' team leaders would congregate somewhere far from the action and stand in a circle shouting contact reports at each other, while the rest of the team members more or less followed their assigned waypoints. Is this intended behavior? I think it's neat that different squads are doing some sort of information sharing, but is there a way to make them use radios instead?

Awesome thanks   @Freddo3000 I just use the script version anyway but I should look at running the mod on our server.
Speaking of which it only needs to be run server side doesn't it? It'll still pick up units place in zeus etc won't it?

@JD Wang
It can be ran server-only, but it'll loose some functionality. For example, you will not be able to easily set CBA settings and AI won't be able to hear player fired weapons.

Ok thanks, think I'll just stick to the script version

Vcom AI 3.2 has a pre-release available in a script and mod version on github currently. You can find it here: https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/releases/tag/3.2

The reason it is marked as a pre-release is because it does not yet have any keys, and therefore it will not be uploaded to the workshop.

This will be the case until @genesis92x is able to generate them and upload it to the workshop.

• Thanks 2

Sweet! Vcom is easily my favorite must have AI Overhaul, its a big improvement over vanilla ai, bots behave almost humanly. Would like to thanks @genesis92x and @Freddo3000 for their works.

Oh wow so we don't need anything in the init.sqf now?

On 1/20/2019 at 3:12 AM, Freddo3000 said:

@BvB1

The script version does use the userconfig file as long as the server has filepatching enabled.

Unit skills are as you say, hierarchical. First side specific skill is applied and then overwritten with class skill.

I've always been under the impression that filepatching should never be enabled because it essentially allows cheating/stealing.  

So I've been running  v3 as a script for awhile and just tried to upgrade to v3.2.   I assume I only need to replace the existing files.  I also assumed the UserConfig folder goes in the root mission folder at the same level as the Vcom folder?  

And lastly, after doing the above, I get these errors in my server.rpt file:

Spoiler

15:38:06 "VCOM: Loaded Default Settings"
15:38:06 "VCOM: Loaded CBA settings"
15:38:06 Error in expression <e"];
VCM_ActivateAI = _value;

] call CBA_Settings_fnc_init;

[
"VCM_Debug", 
>
15:38:06   Error position: <CBA_Settings_fnc_init;

[
"VCM_Debug", 
>
15:38:06   Error Undefined variable in expression: cba_settings_fnc_init
15:38:06 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_CBASettings.sqf [VCM_fnc_CBA_Settings], line 13
15:38:06 "SC/BIS_fnc_log: [postInit] VCM_fnc_VcomInit (0.999451 ms)"
15:38:06 "SC/BIS_fnc_log: [postInit] VCM_fnc_VcomInitClient (0 ms)"

I'm not running CBA, by the way.  Do I need to?

I was seeing that pre 3.2 I haven't had the chance to test the RC yet though.
It seems really random too because I could see in zeus 2 units get within 10-15m of each other in plain sight and still take a second or 2 to open fire, but then other times I'd be 600m away laying in a bush, take one shot at a squad and the squad would instantly turn and light up my position.