3 minutes ago, genesis92x said:

Thanks for the well written report, Freddo has made a bug report on the github, will take a look into it.

No problem,thanks for taking the time to look into it.

Hey

Do you have plans to add specific behaviour to machinegunners / support gunners so that they would stay a bit behind, suppressing the enemy? I know the AI already cover each other, but the role of a Mgunner should be highlighted a bit more. Regular units could rely more on them for providing the base of fire. IIRC bCombat had a similiar feature.

Keep up the good work mate.

-AI will attempt to heal themselves or others when out of combat

-AI will attempt to rearm themselves from dead bodies, vehicles, and etc when low

i have never actually seen any of these two happening. does it potentially not work with RHS or other moddedweapons/ammo types, or ACE medical respectively?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

-AI will attempt to heal themselves or others when out of combat

-AI will attempt to rearm themselves from dead bodies, vehicles, and etc when low

i have never actually seen any of these two happening. does it potentially not work with RHS or other moddedweapons/ammo types, or ACE medical respectively?

Yeah, me neither. Vanilla and RHS units don't do it.

This mod is in major need of an update. It's throwing up all kinds of script errors. Also, any AI unit that has an explosive or mine will place it on the ground and usually detonate it, killing themselves and friendlies.

I hope this isn't abandoned...

• Like 1

Hi Vcom AI-mod!  Some of my observations

* The player’s character will automatically lay mines, even if I don’t select this in the commands menu.

* The player’s character will automatically assign a formation to subordinates, even if I didn’t select this in the action menu.

It seems that the player character of the player automatically repeats the actions for the AI

error messages are also often observed. Here is one of them:

24170211_m.jpg

On 9.5.2018 at 12:14 PM, genesis92x said:

I sure hope so, don't see any reason for it not too

Thank you :)  It's always fun to work on ArmA...I am always learning.

I just snuck in a mini-fix for CBA & Vcom just now....

How do you use

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from responding to calls for backup.

on the fly as zeus?

@enxyo

This is not possible in vanilla, however with Achilles you can if you select a unit and paste it into the init field. Make sure to remove the comment as it may cause issues in this circumstance.

Just now, Freddo3000 said:

@enxyo

This is not possible in vanilla, however with Achilles you can if you select a unit and paste it into the init field. Make sure to remove the comment as it may cause issues in this circumstance.

Pasting exactly this into the team leader:

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true];

doesn't work.

Just now, enxyo said:

Pasting exactly this into the team leader:

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true];

doesn't work.

VCOM runs on all spawned groups..without the variable to disable a side from VCOM inclusion,what you want isnt really possible i think.

What you could do,is have the units / groups pre placed and hidden / spawnable, at mission start and call them as needed.(SHOW/HIDE MODULE works well) If groups spawn in,their usable as zues....if "shown" in,from show/hide module,you will need Ares mod,which has a function to add objects/units to zues control.

Hey,  can anyone explain to me, why the in Vcom AI 3 mod the AI kills itself and its allies when using explosives?

I constantly see - AI will placing the explosives under their feet and setting the timer for a minimum activation period! This normal for this mod? Why does he activate explosives, when he himself is in the blast radius? Why does he activate explosives,  when there is no enemy nearby !? Lol

Also I see constantly - if a player character will have explosives in his inventory, then the player character will automatically lay a this explosive, even if the player does not want this!  This can happen at the most inappropriate moments, for example, when enemy shoot at you, but instead of shots back, your character will start laying a mine under your feet! 

As seems to me, AI and player character does not even use elementary logic in laying explosives. He will simply drop a mine at the current point, regardless of location. It looks very stupid. Excuse me for criticism, I do not want to seem rude, but I want to say that - this Vcom AI 3 makes the AI infantryman more dangerous, but unfortunately working with AI explosives looks very bad. It's like a ballast that prevents this mod from looking good.

@ genesis92x please fix those issues

If you cannot, then prohibit the use of explosives at all - it will save your mod from silly moments

Vcom AI 3.1 Update

Vcom AI 3.1 Update MOD

Vcom AI 3.1 Update SCRIPT

Vcom AI GitHub

Vcom AI 3.1 STEAM

HUGE THANKS TO FREDDO FOR GETTING VCOM 3.1 TOGETHER! IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEMS, MAKE SURE TO MESSAGE HIM :D! 

Added
Changelog
Rydigiers "Fire For Effect" artillery system
CBA settings support for "Fire For Effect" artillery system
Parameter for forcing speedMode "FULL"
Descriptive header for all Vcom functions
VCOM is now licensed under the ArmA Public License - Share Alike
Zeus to mission.sqm

Changed
Vcom will not give flanking orders to AI with a commander
Suppressors are now dynamically checked
Mines are now handled differently (Placed mines are added to an array)
AI will no longer ragdoll when prone, will instead perform animations
AI will not ragdoll when within a certain distance of a player
VCom functions have been moved to Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions
Hold waypoints now define what building to garrison
AI will not generate flanking waypoints targetting unknown units

Deprecated
VCom artillery (Replaced by "Fire For Effect")

Fixed
VCM_SKILLCHANGE had no effect
AI taking control when player incapacitated
AI attempting to flank aircraft
Building clearing behaviour did not check distance to target
Civilians being affected by VCOM
VCM_SIDEENABLED had no effect
VCM_ARTYENABLE had no effect

Security
Whitelisted remote execution for VCOM

And much more that I forgot....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

hello, when you take the ARMA3 with the Vcom AI 3.1 Update mod, the following message appears:

"script vcom \ Functions \ VCM_CBASetting.sqf not found."

After reviewing the addon, the script exists but the error comes out.

Br,

AtomicBoy

Vcom is functional, though you can currently not configure it using CBA settings.

Expect a hotfix soon™

• Like 1

Sad that with it mod AI firing same as vanilla - often single shots. With mod ASR AI3 - AI shooting short on 2-3 round, that is more realistic. 

Thanks for the great mod. I would like to report one issue:

The AI-driven convoy tends to change formation based on the terrain. I don't want to set "VCM_FRMCHANGE = false" since I still want the infantry AI to be able to change formation. Would it be possible to disable AI capability to change formation only when they are in convoy and their behavior is "safe", sth like:

if (unit is in vehicle && behavior is safe) then {VCM_FRMCHANGE = false;}

It looks strange when a column formation convoy tries to go into a line formation when there is no threat.

11 hours ago, WAR326 said:

Sad that with it mod AI firing same as vanilla - often single shots. With mod ASR AI3 - AI shooting short on 2-3 round, that is more realistic. 

Make sure you activated Vcom correctly and that it really works. When I using Vcom, I see quite the opposite - AI often uses bursts of shooting, instead of single shots, as AI does in a vanilla game. This is especially noticeable at close distances.

I tested work together ASR AI3 and that mod - together they work fine. ASR AI3 forced AI shooting on 2-3 round.

I load ASR AI3 before that mod. Thus to features it mod adds realistic firing mode.

Can anyone tell how to properly configure the Vcom settings inside the userconfig folder?

The user has a file - userconfig / VCOM_AI / AISettingsV3.hpp

For example, I want to disable AI-mine laying and inside the file AISettingsV3.hpp file, I change

VCM_MINECHANCE = 75; 

to this

VCM_MINECHANCE = 0; 

but I have no effect -I see the AI continue to lay explosives. Any other attempts to disable any features failed, I still do not see any changes within the game. I tried two options for using AISettingsV3.hpp:

If I paste the contents of the userconfig folder into the Arma3 root folder (in default userconfig folder) , then the Vcom works, but when I change something inside AISettingsV3.hpp, I don’t see any changes inside the game.

If I leave the userconfig folder inside the mod folder (as it is after downloading the mod), then Vcom does not work at all,  despite the fact that mod icon is shown after starting the game in the list of mods.

Thus, I can not configure

Hello, thank you for the work you do. I just tried filepatching and I still get the error. In addition, this error completely blocks the launch of the missions. I am under a Linux server.