Setting up a dedicated server now, but the boot won't complete 100%

Getting this error in the .rpt logs

Spoiler

Scripting function 'vcm_serverask' is not allowed to be remotely executed

I also have -filePatching in my startup commands, and the userconfig is in the proper place. What gives? Maybe a mod conflict?

Mod List:

Spoiler

@ace_exile;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF;@BWMod;@CBA_A3;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - CWA;@CUP Terrains - Maps;@Exile;@Extended Fortifications Mod;@Extended_Base_Mod;@NIArms All in One;@Project OPFOR;@TRYK [TRYK's Multi-play Uniforms];@Werthles' Headless Module;@xcam;@VSM All-In-One Collection;@WW2_OBJECTS;@WW2_units_mas;@CDAH Mod Pack

On 6/1/2018 at 5:50 AM, InclementDeath said:

Reveal hidden contents

I also have -filePatching in my startup commands, and the userconfig is in the proper place. What gives? Maybe a mod conflict?

Mod List:

Reveal hidden contents

@ace_exile;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF;@BWMod;@CBA_A3;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - CWA;@CUP Terrains - Maps;@Exile;@Extended Fortifications Mod;@Extended_Base_Mod;@NIArms All in One;@Project OPFOR;@TRYK [TRYK's Multi-play Uniforms];@Werthles' Headless Module;@xcam;@VSM All-In-One Collection;@WW2_OBJECTS;@WW2_units_mas;@CDAH Mod Pack

Check all clients are running VCOM. If server is running vcom and client is not, or server is not and client is, at times the mission won't load 100%, you'll get stuck before getting to the map.

• Like 1

I figured it out. Add vcm_serverask to your CfgRemoteExec. @kremator hope this solves your issue too

class CfgRemoteExec
{
	class Functions
	{
		mode = 1;
		jip = 0;		

class vcm_serverask { allowedTargets = 2; };
	};
};

• Like 2

I'm really loving this mod. It surprised the hell out of my friends when we played. One of the AI booby trapped (Or atleast died on a mine he was planting). When we went to confirm an HVT kill we triggered it and got blown up. Literally scared us both and amazed us.

I do have a few questions though. How in the editor can we make it so AI will go inside of a building a "hold" it instead of searching and how can we make an AI stand in one place. 

8:29:16 Error in expression <alive _x}) isEqualTo -1) then
{
_x call VCM_fnc_SquadExc;
};
};
};
true;
} count>
 8:29:16   Error position: <VCM_fnc_SquadExc;
};
};
};
true;
} count>
 8:29:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: vcm_fnc_squadexc
 8:29:16 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus_2035\Vcom\VcomInit.sqf, line 75

//----------------------------------------- UPDATE ---------------------------//   

15:53:55 Error in expression <VCM_ARTYDELAY) < time && {count (units (group _NearestEnemy)) > 2}>
15:53:55   Error position: <group _NearestEnemy)) > 2}>
15:53:55   Error group: Type Array, expected Object   

Edited by jus61
Error in expression <VCM_ARTYDELAY)

On 6/2/2018 at 4:58 PM, InclementDeath said:

I figured it out. Add vcm_serverask to your CfgRemoteExec. @kremator hope this solves your issue too

class CfgRemoteExec
{
	class Functions
	{
		mode = 1;
		jip = 0;		

class vcm_serverask { allowedTargets = 2; };
	};
};

On 6/1/2018 at 2:50 AM, InclementDeath said:

Hide contents

Mod List:

Reveal hidden contents

Nice catch on this error. Would adding InclementDeath's fix to the description.ext of the mission and into the config of the mod fix this for the future?

Alright everyone, with the release of Dissension  I am going to be focusing again on other AI tasks now. Vcom will receive an update for primarily bug fixes and even more optimizations.

Please feel free to post errors you find here: https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0/issues 

As when I am looking to fix bugs I look there first.

Thanks for the support everyone!

EDIT: It appears it is a simple fix on my end https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgRemoteExec

Expect that in the next update.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I have a problem when AI squad containing a vehicle, for example if a squad with an Transport truck or APC is under attack, the AI squad leader enters a loop and tell the squad to dismount, then mount, then dismount ect.

i can send example mission

Do you know a way to fix this problem? it's very annoying and breaks game

I've also noticed the dismount / mount - cycle bug. It may have something to do with the 'steal vehicle' option of the mod, but I'm not 100% certain on this. Otherwise really loving VCOM.

Tryed to disable "steal vehicle", "flanking", "formations" bug still happens

4 hours ago, Dunkelzahn said:

I've also noticed the dismount / mount - cycle bug. It may have something to do with the 'steal vehicle' option of the mod, but I'm not 100% certain on this. Otherwise really loving VCOM.

59 minutes ago, Hayes_ said:

Tryed to disable "steal vehicle", "flanking", "formations" bug still happens

This is a bug that occurs in vanilla arma, when the transport vehicle is not the "leader". It can be solved by using unload waypoints, which will cause the unit to stay unloaded and not try to remount.

8 hours ago, Freddo3000 said:

This is a bug that occurs in vanilla arma, when the transport vehicle is not the "leader". It can be solved by using unload waypoints, which will cause the unit to stay unloaded and not try to remount.

This is not a solution, also i didn't saw this in vanilla

18 hours ago, Hayes_ said:

This is not a solution, also i didn't saw this in vanilla

The key difference with vanilla compared to modded units is that in vanilla the vehicle is the leader. If the vehicle is not the leader then this bug will occur.

Try placing a mechanized squad in zeus, ungrouping the vehicle and then regrouping it to the new squad leader. Then give them a waypoint far off with some enemies on the way. The squad will mount up and once in combat the mounting cycle will begin.

Great work on the mod, thanks for putting in so much time & effort. This mod has brought another level to Arma3 ai. You have made great improvement in performance from v2 to v3.

I have run Exile servers & notice that locked vehicles get stolen. I searched the code & think that it is called from this line:

Vcom\FSMS\SQADBEH.fsm line 463

" if (_x iskindof ""LandVehicle"" && {crew _x isEqualTo []} && {_x distance _Leader < VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH} && {!(locked _x isEqualTo 2)}) then" \n

Just wondering if ai dont steal locked vehicles on other non-exile servers?

I thought maybe this:

{!(locked _x isEqualTo 2)})

Should be:

{!((locked _x) isEqualTo 2)})

??

If locked vehicles cant be stolen on other servers I'll start trying exile coding.

Also I was looking at ai steal all vehicles. Would this be the correct code?

" if ((_x isKindOf "LandVehicle") || (_x isKindOf "Air") || (_x isKindOf "Ship") && {crew _x isEqualTo []} && {_x distance _Leader < VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH} && {!((locked _x) isEqualTo 2)}) then" \n

cheers.

aussie

I think I worked it out. I think the code should read  (locked _x isEqualTo 0) for an unlocked vehicle. I'll check it out :)

On 26.06.2018 at 1:50 PM, Freddo3000 said:

tryed unload waypoint with ungrouped truck, they keep mounting and dismounting this truck in combat. Tested the same in VCOM V2 and everything works, squads using transport is messed

46 minutes ago, Hayes_ said:

tryed unload waypoint with ungrouped truck, they keep mounting and dismounting this truck in combat. Tested the same in VCOM V2 and everything works, squads using transport is messed

Make sure they hit the waypoint too, otherwise they'll get stuck when they travel towards it.

V2 had a script to help with dismounting, though I can with confidence say that this bug was to some degree still present then.

37 minutes ago, Freddo3000 said:

Make sure they hit the waypoint too, otherwise they'll get stuck when they travel towards it.

V2 had a script to help with dismounting, though I can with confidence say that this bug was to some degree still present then.

Then its not possible to make ambushes on convoys with trucks carrying troops, or intercept enemy motorized squads with troops on the way to waypoint without making special waypoints or triggers and scripting, I hate vanilla stupid made ai...

lol it bugged and i cant write after  selecting genesis..mah!
well i wished to ask if and ahow you make sniper shoot far, because i've huge troubles doing it, even using this script:

_sniper2 = (_this select 0);

_sniper2 disableAI "PATH";

_sniper2 setUnitPos "DOWN";

_sniper2 setSkill ["spotDistance", 1];

_sniper2 setSkill ["spotTime",1];

//_sniper2 dowatch (this getrelpos [150,0]);

while {true} do {
   _Dtargets = [];
   {if ((_x distance2D _sniper2) < 2000 && (side _x == west) && (alive _x)) then {_sniper2 reveal [_x,4];_Dtargets pushBack _x}} forEach allunits;

_Tcount = count _Dtargets;
//   hint "sniper choose new target";
   if (_Tcount > 0) then {_Target = (selectRandom _Dtargets);_sniper2 reveal [_Target,4];_sniper2 dotarget _Target;_sniper2 doFire _Target;};
   _sniper2 setVehicleAmmo 1;

uiSleep 20;
};

thanks!

Hi Genesis, and thanks for such a great mod! I really love your work. I've been trying to explore the different AI mods and find the perfect for my small gang playing on our dedi server, and yours is the chose one currently. And has been for while. I also made a couple of simple AI behaviour tests and posted them to YouTube just last week.

But one question that bugs me: Does Vcom AI work out of the box with any units in general ? I'm speaking of mods obviously. I'm wondering because I find these mods in Steam from respectful addon/mission makers like the VCOM AI OPFOR FACTIONS for CUP that leads me to think if Vcom actually works without these additional addons? Or what are the benefits you get with these addons like linked above?

Thanks for your time, and thanks for the great work!

@specialsmithThat mod was made for VCOM 2.0, so it will likely not have any effect on the current 3.0 version.

To answer the question, yes VCOM will work with any units in general.

Edit: Mod author replied 

Edited by Freddo3000
  • Like 1

@genesis92x I prefer using the script version because most of the time I play on a open  host server with that said.

I currently use MCC as a staple with all my missions and multiple AI Patrol Scripts like GAIA UPS USPS JEBUS ect as well as Tradition vanilla waypoints and behaviors all mixed in with in a mission.  Will your script work with MCC or GAIA. I know you said it will not work if a group as multiple waypoints.

@avibird 1

I can with confidence say that it will cause issues unless you disable the majority of the functionality of VCOM.