Howdy,

I'm trying to use a script that I 'borrowed' from a mission a friend shared with me.

I believe the original script is by SPUn/LostVar (at least that's who's credited in the files I have), and the files I use were found in the mission "Operation Dagger" by OneShot.

I'm getting an error message every time a trigger is tripped that calls on the "fillhouse" script that, in turn calls the "nearestBuilding" script that then calls on the "Patrol-vG" script.

I know next to nothing about scripts, but if I read the error correctly, I think the problem is in the patrol-vG script.

Anyway, the error popup states...

'...t] call LV_nearestBuilding;
_building = |#| _buildings select 0;

while { alive _un...'
Error undefined variable in expression: _buildings
File C:\Users\etc\etc
Profiles\etc\missions\testA.Altis\LV\Patrol-VG.sqf, line 12

The Patrol-vG script (part of it anyway (I don't want to step on anyones toes y'know...)) is as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

///////Simple House Patrol script vG 1.3 - SPUn / LostVar
//
//*infantry units patrols inside nearest building and outside of it
//*Syntax: nul = [this] execVM "LV\patrol-vG.sqf";

private ["_unit","_newPos","_i","_i2","_bPoss","_building","_dir","_range","_curPos","_outOrNot"];

if(isNil("LV_nearestBuilding"))then{LV_nearestBuilding = compile preprocessFile "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_nearestBuilding.sqf";};

_unit = _this select 0;
_buildings = ["nearest one",_unit] call LV_nearestBuilding;
_building = _buildings select 0;

while { alive _unit }do{
    if(isNull(_unit findNearestEnemy _unit))then{
        _unit forceSpeed 1;
        _unit setBehaviour "SAFE";
    };

_bPoss = [];
    _i = 0;
    while { ((_building buildingPos _i) select 0) != 0 } do {
            _bPoss set [count (_bPoss), (_building buildingPos _i)];
        _i = _i + 1;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming that the "LV_nearestBuilding" code works, since it states that the error occurs in line 12.

But like I said...I know very little about scripting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 hours ago, kupcho said:

I'm assuming that the "LV_nearestBuilding" code works, since it states that the error occurs in line 12.

You are wrong. The error in line 12 happens because a variable is undefined.

And that variable is undefined because LV_nearestBuilding doesn't work.
Is the file where it should be? aka:

13 hours ago, kupcho said:

"LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_nearestBuilding.sqf"

Thanks Dedmen.

This was a copy/paste job from the Operation Dagger mission, and the files are where they're supposed to be.

I've used it many times in the past (pre-3d editor), but when they released that, most of my missions didn't work any longer and I gave up trying to keep up.

Then...I had an urge to try and find out what was wrong.

That's why I'm here today.

I'm not too good at scripting, but I suppose that I'll be rooting through the 'nearestBuilding' text soon.

Maybe I can figure it out.

I appreciate the help m'frend.