Gunslinger52

Internet connection speed required to play ARMA III

Hi all,

apologies for the newbie question- Live rurally, only just got a 4G connection to the internet, can you tell me what download/upload speeds I need to get to not get booted off a server due to lag?  Played ARMA (all of them) but only single player at home due no internet.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Gunslinger 52

4g is fast enough, even a 10 mb dl will do it, just check pings on servers, some of them have a cap set in their battle eye config some dont, any ping below 150 should be good enough to play 

Just get on there and try :-)

Hi Terox,

thanks for that- appreciate it. Just have to update the game now and look for a server.  When you try to join, does it tell you what mods you need to have?  Do I also have to have a VOIP account somewhere?  Sory to ask all these questions- Is there a good place I can find answers to all this newbie stuff so I don't fill the forums with tiresome questions?

Regards,

I would advise you downloading and installing teamspeak, this is a free voice comms app. It is the defacto voice application that established communities use. (Discord although becoming a popular community tool doesnt quite do the same job)

The first thing I would suggest(when you join a server) Is to ask what their teamspeak address is and then join it. You will find this both beneficial and will improve your online experience (Unless the TS server is full of wanabee generals). Communities will be far more forthcoming with help if you take that simple step.

Most communities list their addons somewhere, typically on their website or , you should be able to see some of that info in the ingame browser.

I wouldnt get too involved in addons as your initial venture into the MP world, try a few well run (If you can find them) vanilla servers with good admin presence. You may need to hop around a few before you find one of satisfactory quality

To get you started take a look at our community info, there is a lot to go through but we basically list it all

info.zeus-community.net.

There is sections on everything from teamspeak to addons

If you do decide to come and play with us, I would suggest the vanilla nights on either a Thursday or Sunday evening around 18:30-19:00 hrs UK time

This is a well adminned public server session with organised coop milsim play, something that is becoming a rarity in the arma world now

Good luck