Sign in to follow this  
quickQuestion

ai mods and arma campaigns.

hope i dont upset anyone asking about this here. its just it sort of relates to all of the arma's and i dont want to have to ask this question in every individual game forum.

so anyway. really i would like to be able to play through the main campaigns of, arma armed assault, arma cold war rearmed and arma 2 combined operations and face decent ai. the trouble is that it seems that ai improving mods break the campaigns, make certain levels completely inpassable. which is really annoying as the vanilla ai for these games is notoriously bad,

im just wondering what solutions if any people have come up with for this. maybe for the campaigns i should take off the mods and just turn the difficulty setting up for extra challenge, maybe switch on super ai in the game options and leave the actual ai mods for my own editor made stuff. what do you guys think?

thanks.

Really the best thing you can do for a mod is to get a campaign designed for that mod. As you said mods that significantly alter the Ai often break (parts of) campaign missions in all titles.

13 hours ago, JdB said:

Really the best thing you can do for a mod is to get a campaign designed for that mod. As you said mods that significantly alter the Ai often break (parts of) campaign missions in all titles.

dammit, so in that case, do you think turning the difficulty up and maybe turning on super ai is worth it, at least to provide more of a challenge. i would rather the ai cheats and gives at least a challenge than completely dopey ai

Well you could do that. "Cheat" means different things to different people anyway. Like people have continuously claimed over the years that the Ai can see through objects when really the Ai can hear and can predict when to shoot when they see you running behind an object and when you will appear. That is why it's important to change your stance and pace often so they can't calculate as easily just like when you're facing real people or IRL. Some parts of the Ai are just misunderstood, things which Super Ai might make even more obvious. I can't say much about the higher difficulty setting as I've always stuck with the default difficulty settings, for pretty much every game. I like to play them as they were intended by the developers.

I would suggest turning up the AI where you can, but turn DOWN their accuracy, to give you a more sustained experience. It's not too much fun to get one-shotted as soon as you're seen.

• Like 1