So this is my clothing shop script for altis life. Im getting the error { used instead of , on line 244 but i dont see anything wrong there(BTW this is the headgear in the STR_Shops_C_Rebel section). I was wondering if you guys can see anything.

https://pastebin.com/xYUgzBXe

Pastebin of server start https://pastebin.com/DHvY3UvX

just a quick look at the code i notice that at the end of some arrays you have a comma and others you dont

line   203   { "U_Rangemaster", "EMS Uniform", 0, { "", "", -1 } }

line 240      { "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest", "", 15000, {"", "", -1} },

9 minutes ago, zonekiller said:

just a quick look at the code i notice that at the end of some arrays you have a comma and others you dont

I have found quite a few now actually just fixed them, going to see if it works, will update you

in the server code you have this error

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Config_Clothing.hpp, line 57: Config: '{' encountered instead of ','

I would suggest that you remove most of the arrays and put them back a few at a time to see where the error starts

Zonekiller the error is defintely in that headgear section on line 245 apparently but i cant identity the issue. I have narrowed it down t there.

*EDIT* Never mind even when i comment it out the error remains the same and when i take the script out ot just moves to another line. What could this mean?

1 hour ago, zonekiller said:

56 minutes ago, rhys1573 said:

I have found quite a few now actually just fixed them, going to see if it works, will update you

Those are the final elements in their respective arrays, they do not need commas after them.

37 minutes ago, rhys1573 said:

Right so i have fixed that error, now i am getting an error  saying Config 'c' after class Licenses {.

https://pastebin.com/wDc1Edcv

Same problem.

class Licenses {
    class driver {  //NOPE!
        variable = "driver";
        displayName = "STR_License_Driver";
        price = 5000;
        illegal = false;
        side = "civ";
    };

Driver is a command as well.

You should look into using a text editor that supports .sqf formatting/autocompletion/etc. I use good old Notepad++ with KillZone Kid's Syntax Highlighter, but there are many options available. It will help you spot these conflicts.

11 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Same problem.

class Licenses {
    class driver {  //NOPE!
        variable = "driver";
        displayName = "STR_License_Driver";
        price = 5000;
        illegal = false;
        side = "civ";
    };

Driver is a command as well.

You should look into using a text editor that supports .sqf formatting/autocompletion/etc. I use good old Notepad++ with KillZone Kid's Syntax Highlighter, but there are many options available. It will help you spot these conflicts.

Hmm i really dont know what i can do here. What am i mean to do with the driver command and also when i change the name of it, the error remains the same.

Well, this might be a deeper issue that I am unable to help you with, then. As this is for A3L, have you tried the A3L forums?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rhys1573 said:

Hmm i really dont know what i can do here. What am i mean to do with the driver command and also when i change the name of it, the error remains the same.

Well as stated before, using commands as class or variable name won't end well.

Why not simply use proper naming conventions and use a tag?

Something simple like RHYS_license_driver will basically eliminate possible conflicts.

Variable names as simple as "Driver" or "PlayerMoney" are just asking for trouble.

Cheers