W.Black

Barely see bullets flying/impact

Hello Arma 3 community,
ive been back to arma 3 lately since  its fun when its heavily modified.
so from reading and watching stuff on how to get better performance for arma 3, ive managed to get my game running smooth and looking good.
there´s only one  problem left, and that is bullets!
to be more precise i can barely see bullets landing/hitting something and even with tracers i cant really see bullets flying.
im wondering if there´s any  fixes in settings or maybe over mods for this problems.
also, whats your experience with bullets?
greetz weedo

52 minutes ago, W.Black said:

to be more precise i can barely see bullets landing/hitting something

That's highly dependent on your graphic settings.  In general the higher the better you'll see them hit.  I personally play with everything on normal and had some troubles at first seeing where my bullets land but with time i've grown used to it.  

53 minutes ago, W.Black said:

even with tracers i cant really see bullets flying

Tracers will make it easier to spot bullets flying but at least during the day not necessarily easy.  Something that could help with that is mods that alter how tracers look like 'Blastcore Tracers'.  At night it's 10 times easier to see tracers. 

54 minutes ago, W.Black said:

also, whats your experience with bullets?

In vanilla arma I don't really look at tracers or at the impact, I guesstimate the range and zero for that and try until I hit what i'm shooting at.  With ACE enabled I will look at where the bullets impact because advanced ballistics can sometimes make it rather hard to guesstimate where your bullets will and, especially if you forgot to factor in the wind or something.

ok, i guess ill have to take some time and check some video options, maybe its because of low particles settings also gonna try changing objects and terrain settings, hopefully these will help

4 hours ago, W.Black said:

and even with tracers i cant really see bullets flying.

Do you see the tracer rounds?

You'll most likely never get to see a rifle projectile mid-flight under normal circumstances.

Taking the 5.56mm NATO round, with an overall length of barely 6cm and a bit more than 6mm diameter, it's traveling at 1000 meters per second (muzzle velocity) or around 16.67 meters per frame (at 60fps).

You'd be hard pressed to see something as tiny as a NATO round traveling at almost Mach 3.

That said, arma 3 doesn't have projectile models, bullets are basically invisible, most likely because of the reasons mentioned above.

The only rendered projectiles as far as I know are rockets, bombs, grenades and mortar shells.

Cheers

I dont believe Blastcore is still supported last time i checked(original not tracers version) but that mod increased the impacting of rounds effects(the particles)

Other than that check your particles settings in graphics options...Object view distance may also effect it.Regarding tracers,when i make a scenario and have two sides i outfit them via the arsenal with weapons and make sure to load their vests/backpacks with Tracer rounds(flashlights too,mounted)

Having one side firing red tracers and the other green etc makes for better friend or foe recognition in low light

On 3.5.2018 at 5:51 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Do you see the tracer rounds?

You'll most likely never get to see a rifle projectile mid-flight under normal circumstances.

Taking the 5.56mm NATO round, with an overall length of barely 6cm and a bit more than 6mm diameter, it's traveling at 1000 meters per second (muzzle velocity) or around 16.67 meters per frame (at 60fps).

You'd be hard pressed to see something as tiny as a NATO round traveling at almost Mach 3.

That said, arma 3 doesn't have projectile models, bullets are basically invisible, most likely because of the reasons mentioned above.

The only rendered projectiles as far as I know are rockets, bombs, grenades and mortar shells.

Cheers

hmm tracer rounds are now pretty well visible and also bullet impacts are much better visible, but maybe its because i only play m60e4 with big  bullets and sniper scope.
i guess i was just used to much to arma 2. even tho arma 3 is supposed to be seen as  a new game, its hard to see over arma 2 beeing simply taking to arma 3.

On 3.5.2018 at 7:05 PM, redarmy said:

I dont believe Blastcore is still supported last time i checked(original not tracers version) but that mod increased the impacting of rounds effects(the particles)

Other than that check your particles settings in graphics options...Object view distance may also effect it.Regarding tracers,when i make a scenario and have two sides i outfit them via the arsenal with weapons and make sure to load their vests/backpacks with Tracer rounds(flashlights too,mounted)

Having one side firing red tracers and the other green etc makes for better friend or foe recognition in low light

Particles helped a bit, thx :)