RozekPoland

17 years old bug in A3 - 'A fallen static objects' geometries bug'

oh wow, this just made all our old unsung maps playable again in multiplayer - THANK YOU JAKUB!

On 5/18/2018 at 1:49 AM, EDcase said:

Shooting through fallen trees isn't so much of a gameplay issue.

There is always a (insert profanity) player who throws nade at tree and then hides in it freely shooting all and unable to be seen.

On 18.05.2018 at 2:27 AM, teabagginpeople said:

What do I see as support. Maybe staff replying to your endless neverending too late on the scene thread's that you throw up. Constantly pissing and moaning about shit that you should have been saying in beta never mind being wayyy too late in the end cycle of the game.

But hey don't stop.

Hey,  your poetry is brilliant, but I do not want to compete with you in verbal masturbation, I do not have such talents/

What do you see as support? In the infinite DLC that they want to sell?

My idea was that Arma 3 - is a unique game, but which can not be polished by devs even after 5 years, while endless DLC were only commercial projects.

I bought every DLC from BIS in the hope, that at last small issues will be corrected, but instead, I saw how each post-DLC added a new errors.

Now I see, that 25-30% of game is not functional (or it does not work well), while those parts is stated as a functional part of the game and now, after 5 year of Arma 3 life,  I can not call this fact as a good support.  

This causes me great regret, because I love Arma.

Today's Dev Branch release introduces the (View & Fire) geometries fix for fallen walls, fences and any other static object that features damage DestructWall. From a statistical point of view today's fix may have much wider positive influence on the game environment (comparing to the last week fix for fallen trees) as majority of static objects that are not structures (buildings) or trees (and are destructible) features DestructWall. And this is just with vanilla (original) content in mind, not to mention enormous amount of objects that the community-made content features (like CUP Project for example).

As I promised in my previous post, once a fix for fallen walls & fences comes out I will record a testing video for it.

Summary:

1. Fallen static objects provide proper concealment & cover.

2. Fallen static objects feature weapon deployment/resting.

A bonus:

Weapon deployment/resting on a fallen training obstacle.

HoqoJ61.jpg

Now it is possible to successfully hide from AI behind a fallen beach umbrella :f:

Ht3gp2m.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

5B41D57412D48F1AE069BE9EB120DCF249151C99

"I'm helping!"

Forest fights will be so much better. I hope ace³ will come 'round with a military chainsaw or something like that in addition to the entrenchment tool.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2018 at 9:57 PM, RozekPoland said:

Weapon deployment/resting on a fallen training obstacle.

HoqoJ61h.jpg

How did you get that animation/stance? I've never seen it before, is it dev branch only? It looks similar to the "high prone" incremental stance except more upright and with weapon deployed.

@a_killer_wombat
1. The photo was taken on DevBranch version but the animation was implemented in the game long time ago.

2. The training obstacle is destroyed (fell over)

3. It is weapon deployment/resting enabled standing close to this part of the object

10 hours ago, a_killer_wombat said:

How did you get that animation/stance? I've never seen it before, is it dev branch only? It looks similar to the "high prone" incremental stance except more upright and with weapon deployed.

Its one of the many 'stances' available.

I've changed most of my key mapping but I think this was the default:

Hold CapsLock and press W,S,A or D

As @Jakub BXBX Horyna left Bohemia Interactive I decided it would be nice to record a thank you video for him for his efforts to fix one of the longstanding issues of the Arma series. For this purpose I reenacted the video from the original post but with the fix applied. I hope you gonna like it :f:

I would like to thank everyone who supported this initiative (by any means). Thanks to great people working at Bohemia Interactive and support of the magnificent Arma community it was possible to get rid of the legacy Arma issue in one month! This is one of those moments that shapes history of the Arma series and its community.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 3

The fix is official and available to everyone in the latest Encore Update 1.84 :smile_o:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

glad to see this was finally looked into! :)

• Like 1