i would like this, if you can see a way of implementing this with a script, i would love to run it

params["_rank","_type","_score"];

use params instead of select.

why are you using exitWith {} ?

also, you may need to spawn this while inside the event handler code block,

as I don't think it's in a scheduled environment and you're  using suspension

On 5/2/2018 at 6:56 PM, Casio91Fin said:

failed

Is this the right way?

special thanks to NeoArmageddon and Grumpy Old Man

You can't simply take a script from a mission and use it.

First you don't know the context of the script. In your example the script does not exactly what you think it does. The snippet you took is for not spamming connecting players with multiple simultaneous sounds and is not about controlling whether a player levels up or not.

Secondly you are not allowed to simply cut code out of other missions without explicit written permission by the author (of that script, not of the mission you took it from, albeit these two are often the same person). Code, even in Arma, falls under copyright law in most countries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeoArmageddon said:

You can't simply take a script from a mission and use it.

First you don't know the context of the script. In your example the script does not exactly what you think it does. The snippet you took is for not spamming connecting players with multiple simultaneous sounds and is not about controlling whether a player levels up or not.

Secondly you are not allowed to simply cut code out of other missions without explicit written permission by the author (of that script, not of the mission you took it from, albeit these two are often the same person). Code, even in Arma, falls under copyright law in most countries.

This.

Either get permission from the author/authors, ask someone to make a similar function for you in the appropriate forum or start learning how to do this yourself, since it's a rather basic script.

Cheers

if anyone is still looking for this type of thing heres one i made with the help of someone here. Cant remember who but she was nice. Made me make most of it she just got it working for me.

PromoteUnit = {
    private _rks = ["PRIVATE", "CORPORAL", "SERGEANT", "LIEUTENANT", "CAPTAIN", "MAJOR", "COLONEL"];
    private _old = rankId _this;
    if (count _rks - _old > 1) then {
        _this setRank (_rks select _old + 1);
        systemChat format ["Unit %1 promoted to %2", _this, rank _this];
    }
};

I was calling it with an addaction. Was gonna implement it into my mission but my mission files got corrupted, 12 months gone in seconds. 

heres the one to demote

DemoteUnit = {
    private _rks = ["PRIVATE", "CORPORAL", "SERGEANT", "LIEUTENANT", "CAPTAIN", "MAJOR", "COLONEL"];
    private _old = rankId _this;
    if (count _rks - _old > 1) then {
        _this setRank (_rks select _old - 1);
        systemChat format ["Unit %2 demoted to %1", _this, rank _this];
    }
};

there were errors but i cant remember them. Pretty sure you coudnt be demoted from Colonel or something like that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yeah i thought that was abit odd so i thought id add in the one i made awhile ago for the people searching

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Chuc said:

yeah i thought that was abit odd so i thought id add in the one i made awhile ago for the people searching

Solid effort. There's no need for that kind of selfish attitude. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2018 at 2:35 PM, Casio91Fin said:

failed

Casio ,

a forum is for sharing information and since you are writing something and you create also a topic to discuss about , then you can't just delete and keep the info for yourself.

There will be also other Guys , who will try to find an answer , share info and get benefit from.

• Like 1

Sighhhh. Another one of these...

"deleted"

"failed"

"stupid question"

"was easy"

"figured it out"

"me no share"

"me no care"

• Like 2