A good day to you gents.

It has been a long time since I’ve posted the last time on BI Forum, but I’m back with this new topic. Although most of the ArmA community has switched to ArmA 3 there are still some die-hard fans like me and others who are not entirely done with ArmA 2 yet.

I started the project years ago on my own first, but then batteriefuhrer;  offered his help, and the whole project underwent a complete overhaul nearly from scratch and I must say it was a worthwhile endeavor which is coming slowly to an end. We are at a good point for a first release. There are still some missions to be completed. But these are some minor things that hopefully we will finish in the next upcoming weeks.

When the CWR 2 MOD was released we decided to do a 19 mission single player pack for the CWR2 MOD  for ArmA 2 Combined Operations.

These missions are all OPFOR missions where the player plays different characters in a hypothetical European conflict which escalates into WW3.

These missions are featuring cinematics. Voice acting and a lot of other stuff I don’t want to get too much into detail. You’ll find out when playing  . . . if you are still playing ArmA 2.

Since there is no CWR MOD for ArmA 3 we stuck to AmA 2 as both of us are a big fan of the CWR2 MOD and this is our way to pay homage to the CWR MOD team.

There are 19 single missions for every Island version included in this pack and we ended up with 19 mission in the end (it’s nearly a small campaign).

Progress over the time has been extremely slow due to RL issues on my side but we kept steadily working as our time did permit.

I wanted especially thank my buddy batteriefuhrer without him this project would have ended differently. And not as great as it is in the current state. His contribution was priceless. Moreover, his patience has been something which has permitted us to slowly get the whole pack to the current state. Thanks!!!!!!

I will ask in any case (although I have not much hope) we would be in need of somebody interested in a beta test run. Although we have tested over and over again but it would be great if somebody would be willing to give it a shot and test it.

Drop me a PM here on the forum and I will get back to you asap.

With that being said I hope that some of you will still be interested in playing ArmA 2 and check this SP mission pack out

Here are a couple of trailers

I hope you guys gonna like it.

Fixes and updates:

download Last War 1.01 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E3i_1EaNL6wT8kEgnOUMcdwLWeKegygT

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=34174

Cheers

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Features:

• a nostalgic OFP-style mission design
  • all missions contain intro, outro, overview, external sounds, and scripts;
  • custom voice-acting and radio traffic;
  • full-fledged cutscenes for every mission;
  • plenty of music, both OFP's and third-party;
  • intense combined-arms action - armor, mortars, artillery, all sorts of aircraft;
  • real-life tactics and SOPs (within the engine’s limitations, of course);
  • custom background stories, based on the real-life 1980s Warsaw Pact and NATO military concepts;
  • scripts by: Mandoble, Zorilya, Blanco, Tophe, VVL99, Rydygier, Carl Gustaffa, Tophe, Demonized, Tpw, General Barron, Kronzky.

• Like 1

Hi Nipple Hunter

thanks for dropping by and it's really great to see people still taking interest in ArmA 2 especially in the CWR2 MOD.

Here's a short in-game trailer. We are currently fixing the last things to bring the pack to a final release state. 

Thanks for your comment.

have a great time

It's great to see people still making content for Arma 2, even after about 8-9 years. Good luck for your projects!

- Kalle

• Like 1

Thanks, Kalle

yeah, we put a lot of effort into this project. The pity with the full conversion MODs is once they get to a final release state a new ArmA game iteration has been released and people naturally move on to the next toy. IMHO opinion the CWR MOD for ArmA 2 went under the radar.  Once I started to explore all the additional expansions factions I really got hooked.  It's the biggest MOD ever created for the ArmA games. Batteriefuhrer and I are working for more than 2 years now on this pack and it's closing on a first official release. 

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comment

• Like 2

No pressure, but what is the ETA for the release of this mission pack? I think your work has given me more motivation for making more CWR2 missions, so thank you.

- Kalle

• Like 1

Hi Kalle

I can't really say for sure. I'm implementing the last few changes. I hope I can finish this up this weekend and then I will do the last test run myself. There are two other fellow community members who are currently doing a test run. I'm normally also recording the test runs with fraps   Since you are a mission maker yourself you know what we are dealing here. If for every WTF moment during editing I would earn 10 cents I would be a rich man. LOL

Seriously I'm really unable to tell. It depends if somebody finds a game-breaking bug in the missions during the last test. There are a few missions which I will still have to test properly myself. But I tested them one time only, therefore, I giving it a shot a soon as I finished the last additions so at least from an editing point of view the missions should be done.  One last playtest and if there no show stoppers we're good to release.

here's a video part 1 of mission 2. Russian Marines establishing a bridgehead on Malden. It takes some time for my squad to get moving because heavy support fire is softening Nato defenses. All along the beach. Since there is plenty ground to cover and the enemy is well entrenched without artillery and air support would lead to the slaughter of the attacking Marines.  Mission works perfectly.

Good to know that you are inspired doing some more CWR stuff. The MOD is beautiful.

Thanks for commenting

Cheers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nettrucker said:

Hi Kalle

I can't really say for sure. I'm implementing the last few changes. I hope I can finish this up this weekend and then I will do the last test run myself. There are two other fellow community members who are currently doing a test run. I'm normally also recording the test runs with fraps   Since you are a mission maker yourself you know what we are dealing here. If for every WTF moment during editing I would earn 10 cents I would be a rich man. LOL

Seriously I'm really unable to tell. It depends if somebody finds a game-breaking bug in the missions during the last test. There are a few missions which I will still have to test properly myself. But I tested them one time only, therefore, I giving it a shot a soon as I finished the last additions so at least from an editing point of view the missions should be done.  One last playtest and if there no show stoppers we're good to release.

here's a video part 1 of mission 2. Russian Marines establishing a bridgehead on Malden. It takes some time for my squad to get moving because heavy support fire is softening Nato defenses. All along the beach. Since there is plenty ground to cover and the enemy is well entrenched without artillery and air support would lead to the slaughter of the attacking Marines.  Mission works perfectly.

Good to know that you are inspired doing some more CWR stuff. The MOD is beautiful.

Thanks for commenting

Cheers

Yeah, creating missions and other content may sometimes feel like shit. I've made some small mistakes myself when creating missions for OFP, even when I was aware of them, I somehow forgot at the moment and you know the rest. I really don't have any expectations for your missions, so I guess I'm open for any kind of content right now, but of course that's just how I feel.

- Kalle

On 09.05.2018 at 6:06 PM, Kalle M. said:

I really don't have any expectations for your missions, so I guess I'm open for any kind of content right now

Greetings, Kalle,

if you'd like to see the pack as is before we finalized the release version, you simply could join us as a beta tester.

So, If you don't mind playtesting the missions and pointing out the bugs and/or giving your suggestions regarding the plot, missions mechanics, appearance, or whatever you found that requires fixing/adjusting, we will willingly send you the current unfinished version.

Please, consider to PM nettrucker if you have any interest in beta testing, he holds all the latest versions to date.

Thank's for keeping up with the CWR,

I'm very pleased to meet a like-minded fellow in the already A3-heavy environment )

• Like 1

Final testing netted several bugs throughout the pack. Besides, our beta-tester Kalle shared a couple of good ideas. So we need several free days to fix and implement things. 

Several more screenshots in the meanwhile:

dkkcqxkp.jpg x8lreecu.jpg n9spws3r.jpg 8wfv68kk.jpg 7it8ikw8.jpg lu2ac8j6.jpg 6esuw5mc.jpg 7q59bgj5.jpg 5kl7tjz2.jpg s5da8fjc.jpg 5kucipuy.jpg

Hi, voiceofarma!

Thank you for keeping with the CWR!

We're pretty close and I hope you'll have a nice time tasting some action amidst an early phase of the 1986 nuclear Apocalypse )

• Thanks 1

Thanks, looking to it.

please upload it on other sharing site too, like google drive or preferably mediafire, thanks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everybody

we have update the OT with the relevant download links. This is the first release candidate. I hope you guys gonna like it and have fun.

Cheers

Awesome stuff! Didn't play it yet but will as soon as I find some more time. Love that era and the OFP style!

Thanks for your work, guys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for making this fellas. Nice to see good ol' A2 getting some love still. 

That first mission? lol. I still can't shoot more than 2 A-10's down before i run out of pellets.

Maybe the CAS version would be better for this mission or the standard BI SU25,

either way good stuff bros ;) \m/ \m/

• Thanks 1

Agree, mate, air missions (#01 and #05) might want some more optimisation, nettrucker is pretty good at dogfighting, and I haven't been able to bring down even a single enemy aircraft ever, so it will be up to him to adress this thing. I'll inform nettrucker on your suggestion,  he will definitely come up with something - these Su-25 scenarios are his beloved babies )

Thank you for the feedback!

Hmm, maybe add several more GSh magazines (f@$k the pure realism, let's push the gameplay) into the player's Sukhoy and replace a pair of Kh missiles by R-73s...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Undeceived said:

Awesome stuff! Didn't play it yet but will as soon as I find some more time. Love that era and the OFP style!

Thanks for your work, guys!

Hello Undeceived

I hope you are doing alright. I have dropped a little bit out of the community since ArmA 3 has been released but batteriefuhrer and I have quietly worked on this mission pack for the CWR2 mod over the last 2 years. Unfortunately, ArmA 3 has no CWR mod so we were forced to stick with ArmA 2. I still remember your awesome campaign for ArmA 2.

Thanks for chiming in.

All the best

2 hours ago, deathmetalninja said:

Thanks for making this fellas. Nice to see good ol' A2 getting some love still. 

That first mission? lol. I still can't shoot more than 2 A-10's down before i run out of pellets.

Maybe the CAS version would be better for this mission or the standard BI SU25,

either way good stuff bros ;) \m/ \m/

Hi deathmetalninja

Thanks for giving some feedback. Which is very much appreciated.

Spoiler

The trick to beat this mission is patience and control of your trigger finger.with that I mean do not be too trigger happy. I played this mission during testing very often with different results. When I was impatient I managed as well to shoot down only 2 aircraft and I was out of ammo. I was just too trigger happy at times and ran out of ammo quickly. But when I'm in a real hunter mood I'm maneuvering my jet with patience into a firing position where I simply can't fail to shoot down the enemy with little waste of ammo. In order to shoot down all enemy aircraft yourself, you need to conserve the ammo and keep hunting the enemy by maneuvering yourself into a position where you can't miss. It is doable I did it several times. Do not waste the ammo of your guns on ground targets, use only the missiles for the Vulcans and the tanks.

Once the enemy aircraft is inbound the dogfight begins. The key is patience, maneuvering and only shooting when you are in a position where the probability to miss the target is very low.

In any case, the priority targets are the Vulcans in this mission even if you do not manage to shoot down all aircraft the main target should be a piece of cake. You lock on your missiles and give em hell.

The only other way would be to reduce the amount of inbound enemy aircraft. There are currently 4 enemy aircraft against your squad (3 friendlies the player included) I designed the mission in the way that if the player is too trigger happy he will fail the third objective. Once you are out of ammo you'll be ordered back to base and the mission ends.

in case you love flying and dogfighting try it once again bearing in mind the suggestions I posted in the spoiler. Yeah, mission 5 is similar in case of troubles I can give some more suggestions relating to the second dogfight mission.

Thanks for the feedback I hope you have fun with the missions

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips man it's a sweet mod you've made, good fun.

Been awhile since i played A2 you guys have brought me back...

I'll try again, guess i need to git gud lol ;)