I'm making a mission in which you control the camera of the MQ-4A-Greyhawk drone. It's flying at about 1000m altitude above an enemy base. You are supposed to identify a certain target and call a strike. The problem is the AI keeps spotting the drone, but I don't want them to do that.

So what can I do to change that?

I have tried editing with the advanced Eden mod, but I don't think it has the needed features. 
Ty :)

Edit: more details on the symptoms (idk, maybe it's important). When the drone arrives you can see two patrols and some stationary dudes (more arrive by truck later). After some time they start looking up into the air in the direction of the drone (This is what I interpret as them spotting the drone). A little while later they break patrol and crouch/go prone while still looking in the direction of the drone, but From what I can tell, they never shoot at it though.

Edited by flyingmadpakke
Added more details

Easiest ways of doing it are making the greyhawk fly at 2000 meters, making all the enemy AI careless or lowering their skill so they are as dumb as they can get. There probably are ways of doing it with scripts etc, but one of these 3 will be the easiest quickest solution.

Thanks.

I have actually already tested these to some extend. Making the AI careless would be a very easy fix, but the problem is then that they wouldn't respond to being assaulted, which is part of the mission. I have considered setting up something like triggers or waypoints to change them from careless to safe or aware at that part of the mission... But that would probably require quite exstensive changes and additions to the mission. I also tried lowering their spotting skill, which made them worse at spotting it, as it took them longer, but I haven't tried lowering their overall skill.

Anyway, thanks for the response :)

Also scripting is fine. If anyone knows a command/script that can help with this issue, then plzz post instructions.

You could have a loop running in which you hide that specific UAV.  (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/reveal)  As far as I know there isn't an eventhandler for spotted by the enemy.  Although you might be able to rig up a repeatable trigger for blufor spotted. 

So in your loop or trigger just put:

enemyGroup reveal [uavGroup, 0];

So, I made a trigger with a 2km radius (just to be sure). I set it to activate by BLUFOR detected by OPFOR. I pasted your command to the "activation" and "deactivation" tab, and made it repeatable. I didn't sync it to something or anything like that.

Sadly it didn't do anything.

I also tried a small loop with a guy running between two of such triggers, where they activated everytime he was in their zone. I added a sound to the activation and confirmed that he did indeed activate the triggers, but the command still didn't work.

Also, more details on the symptoms (idk, maybe it's important). When the drone arrives you can see two patrols and some stationary dudes (more arrive by truck later). After some time they start looking up into the air in the direction of the drone (This is what I interpret as them spotting the drone). A little while later they break patrol and crouch/go prone while still looking in the direction of the drone, but From what I can tell, they never shoot at it though.

Still, thanks for helping me out. Really hope to solve this one :)

Side note: I did read on the wiki link you provided - something about not being able to use the command to unreveal targets. Can you confirm?

Maybe that will work, but I've come to the conclusion that I don't know the groups of my units. Like, I have a group with callsign Alpha 1-1 on both OPFOR and BLUFOR, but I don't know their actual group name or ID. How can I check that?

(I tried to change the variable name of the group in my entity list, but that gives you an error, when you reference it by that in the trigger)

The only thing I can find on the web is:

"To get the group that a unit belongs to, use the group command."

Which to me is like saying: "To prevent nuclear annihilation, disarm the bomb" :3

(also googling "group command" didn't yield anything remotely useful either)

So, it turns out you can set the drone to be a part of the civilian faction with the "this setCaptive true;" command in the drones init tab. Because of this OPFOR completely ignore its presence, which is perfect :thumbsup: