dlegion

flashing buildings bug

hello, i got flashing buildings, constantly    appearing / disappearing 
it eats also a lot of resources, i have less than half frames than usual.
here a video:

no mods at all.
its a custom mission, so for sure people will blame it, but i can swear i runned it for almost 1 year  on my dedicated server with no problems.

2 hours ago, dlegion said:

no mods at all.

Clearly this is not the case. It looks like you are running Ares, which is outdated. Try Achilles.

• Thanks 1

hello!
server side no mods at all, but clientside i run ARES and Enhanced Movments!
may be it causing the problem ? clientside i ran this for years and didn't noticed particular problems, thinked they were safe!
i tried Achilles some time ago, but it needs CBA, screwing compatibility with vanilla server.
i mean that ARES works also without CBA, while Achilles does not, and if i run clientside CBA, soon or later client get "session lost" or "kicked by battleye" errors
if i run server with CBA and client does not, the same errors and sometimes even server crash!
dont know how fix this!
thanks for your help man !

my ultimate goal is run a server "vanilla" , wehre everyone can enter with no mods, but allow client mods like Enhanced Movement and ARES (or equivalent, like Achilles), and maybe rappeling.
any hope to succeed ?

anyone has an idea of whats causing this ?
please help !

a new video, this time no mod even on client, pure vanilla server and vanilla client!

Have you verified your game files?

Have you looked at your rpt from during the event?
Do you have any 'magical' launcher settings?

Both for your client and the server.

good ideas, yes i verified by steam check files, and it says all is fine on both server and client.
i formatted my PC two weeks ago, then reinstalled steam, arma3, left 100% vanilla settings...and problem still there.
(for other reasons) i buyed an SSD HD, so formatted it,reinstalled all from ground up, still same problem. (verified files again here). problem still present.
so i focused on server,  totally deleted server folder, re-downloaded arma3 server tools, verified files, reintalled all from ground up. still same problem.
i'm running out of ideas :(

EDIT: forgot to say: i have all .RPT ...but they are not clear for me...i dont understand if or what is wrong there.

Try launching both server and client without any special params and put thr rpts in a pastebin and link them here.

• Thanks 1

hello, thanks for your help, here are the .RPTs :
https://pastebin.com/HkJznZjb   CLIENT
server RPT is 2,3MB, and pastebin dont allow me more than 512kb, so i link it here:
https://mega.nz/#!XohnxQzR!XbPbqnyfqlD93HNcpvoPyvaJ8N2DxyXuyE5oz1vzv7w
thanks!

PS: more details : the problem never appear in the first moments after joining, but once it start, it degradate quite fast, few buildings start to flash, then many others, then nealry all the scene i have on screen.
and FPS goes down from 50 or more to 1 fps .

On 4/30/2018 at 5:17 PM, dlegion said:

its a custom mission, so for sure people will blame it, but i can swear i runned it for almost 1 year  on my dedicated server with no problems.

It might be time to share your mission file.

• Thanks 1

sure! here it is:
https://mega.nz/#F!2xxymIpK!3DIySEtq2agNLIrWwp8gtw
the mission was running fine before tanks DLC update, and i was running it with some mods just server side and some just client side, i tried exclude VCOM that i heard had troubles in the last times, but result was the same.
thanks man !

EDIT: the result of yesterday test:

MISSION,           TIME UP,  home/DOLF,   server mod,            TIME JOINED,        client mod,          worked 12h+ ?       TIME and KIND OF PROBLEMS

DWAR03.pbo          17:30    DOLFserver     NO MOD                17:41               NO MOD                 NO               23:44 flashing buildings heavily, 20FPS (instead of 50+)

26 minutes ago, dlegion said:

Google for this: Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 9FE6E28D

I've browsed a bit but seeing how i'm in class i should be paying attention.

In both your clients RPT and your servers RPT I see waaay more "Server: Object 2:7908 not found (message Type_93)"-like messages than I've ever seen in mine.  Might be something worth looking into

• Thanks 1

thanks man, investigating now!!

the best and most recent i found about it is this:

sadly not much useful :(

I would have to conclude that the flashing is due to something in your mission. Perhaps Tanks introduced a change in a command or function that is being used in one of your scripts. A quick way to check would be to launch your server full vanilla and load a default BI mission. Eliminate all outside possibilities - Troubleshooting 101.

• Thanks 1

hello!
i found another precious info !
the exact same mission, on my own PC dedicated server, runs fine (did two test, the first one was too good to belive, 32h no problems, so i made a second run to be sure was not random, and just now i'm 13 hours no problem...can't be a coincidence!
on my PC it runs from same game folder as client, server has no mod, but second test as client i used ARES and Enhanced Movement (my usual mods).
now the big question....
what the hell can be on the main dedicated server screwing this???
thanks man !

The flashing only happens in this particular mission and when connected to a server? This looks more like a graphic issue, a problem with the z-buffer resulting in buildings being sometimes rendered behind the terrain or clipping plane. But that is just what I think when I look at the videos. May be only happening in some special cases, when there is a lot of VRAM used and thus only in a particular mission. But this is just wild guessing. You could test this by lowering your rendering resolution to 50% and disabling PP effects.

good idea, i try!
the strange things is : why on home dedicated does not happens while on other dedicated happens?