woofer808

indiCam - independent camera mod

The ability to autonomously capture our clan training and ops from multiple angles has changed the way we operate, footage is often used for feedback/training improvement purposes and has driven change in the procedures we follow. Pretty much all of the ops I now post on YT includes INDICAM footage, it has captured some awesome moments in our co-ops, stuff we just wouldnt be able to get without INDICAM.

Truely one of the best media based mods available in ARMA, time to blow the dust off that old gaming laptop!

Thanks @woofer808 <-------------------------- support this guy!

• Like 1

That is incredibly kind of you @PVTPARKER! Thank you for showing all the good stuff that comes out of it, I'm loving it.

Like Parker says, indicam has really freshened up our video content here at GOL. Fantastic job fella. Thank you! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Also ParkerIndicam is now one of our most committed and regular players 😉.

• Like 1

New version uploaded to all the places is 1.32. The biggie for this one is that it now handles some things over the network. Like assigning eventhandlers and excluding other indiCam using players from being part of the actor selection pool. So hopefully now we'll see more of the high action scenes and we don't have to worry about getting an hour of footage of another indiCam clients standing in a base idling.

/* Changelog version 1.32*/ 

//KNOWN- Issue with map selection in GUI breaking at times. Fix is to close indicam gui then opening and closing the regular map before going back to the gui.
//ADDED- indiCam clients in a multiplayer game won't be part of the actor selection pool while they have their indiCam camera running. It is to avoid getting footage of a still player in a field somewhere (thanks Reggs).
//ADDED- Checkbox in gui for showing chat during camera operation.
//FIXED- Actor switching won't include headless clients anymore.
//FIXED- Situation checks did not work in multiplayer. Eventhandlers are now rewritten to be put onto the actors' client over the network and comnmunicating to the instance of indiCam that put them there.
//FIXED- Actor death did not work on players in MP because the death cam eventhandler wasn't local to their machine
//FIXED- Headless clients and dedicated servers are now more excluded from actor randomizations (Thanks Gold John King)
//FIXED- Cameradude wasn't excluded from "only players" actor randomization (Thanks Gold John King)
//FIXED- Current actor wasn't excluded from selection pool in some actor auto switching modes
//FIXED- Unit autoswitching mode within group now switches to another group if all units within the group dies.
//FIXED- Unit autoswitching mode within group no longer makes dead units the actor.
//FIXED- Chat is now hidden by default during camera operation.
//FIXED- Purged the last bunch of usages of comment command in scripts
//ADDED- New foot scene "stationaryFrontRandom"
//TWEAKED- Foot scenes spend less time high above and more time at low and medium distance
//TWEAKED- Foot scenes at higher action values have shorter scene duration by about a third
//TWEAKED- Helicopter scenes switch earlier when actor moves away from stationary camera
//TWEAKED- Helicopter front facing scenes are shorter by about two thirds
//TWEAKED- Actor was set multiple times when using the mapclick selection method.

• Thanks 1

This looks like a really exciting mod. 

Just so I’m clear on how this works.

1. I use another Arma character (such as using my wife’s Steam account and set up Arma on it)
  2. Join the mission using this second profile as well as the one I play with.
  3. Start the mod, select a player and start recording on the second profile.
  4. While this is happening, the second character (under my wife’s profile) will stay wherever I place it.

Do I have that right?

Hotfix v1.321!

I caused some network timing issues before packing the mod on version 1.32, so there's a hotfix now. See the first post for links and such!

/* Changelog version 1.321*/	
//KNOWN- Issue with map selection in GUI breaking at times. Fix is to close indicam gui then opening and closing the regular map before going back to the gui.
//FIXED- HOTFIX for mod version not loading correctly in conjunction with some mods.

• Thanks 1