lightspeed_aust

[SP/CO6) Ghost Recon: Desert Siege

Good news - I made a big push on Aurora this weekend and I'm into testing now.

Maybe a week or so and it will be out!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey, thats absolutely fantastic news!

Me and the guys just scheduled another LAN meet for SEP 23, and your GR missions have become a key ingredient in our meetups 🙂

We played through them all once so far, except Cold Steam and Aurora, and plan to re visit as many of them as we can fit in, for a second run through this time around.

Thanks for making them, and we are for sure looking forward to Aurora!

• Like 1

Thanks Dachs.

Out of interest, how do you find level of difficulty for coop. What settings you using? 

I was planning to reduce slightly the armor protection to vanilla Arma so you can't take quite as much damage. I would then also reduce ai numbers slightly to account for this change.

Thoughts?

Well, I'm sort of ashamed to admit I've edited them slightly due to demands from the guys, so we have respawn available in all missions.

Also in the start area of every mission, I've placed an arsenal box, as the guys really like their Niarm guns, and that was the easiest way to please everyone.

About us, I'm the only one who plays Arma, outside our LAN meetups, so we're pretty far from being MILSIM, as you might imagine.

With that in mind, I think the balance is pretty good as is really.

If you're carefull and plan the attack, there is a good chance to get out on top and unscathed, whereas if you pick off a couple of badguys in an uncoordinated fashion (as often happens with us), the AI will punish you.

And, with the current number of AI, every player is pretty much guaranteed to have something to do/shoot at during the mission.

On the other hand, I guess you're proposed changes would promote a more carefull and even slower style of play, which could be a good thing.

That is certainly what makes them so damn cool to play for me, as a singleplayer with AI Team, in their original form without respawn and arsenal. You really have to be carefull, to make it to the end!

Server settings: we have AI skill at 1.0 and Accuracy (or is it Precision, I forget?) at 0.35

I find those settings results in some pretty good firefights, without too many one shot kills. No AI addons used for the time being.

Ah cool, edit as you will. That's the beauty of Arma, customisation. Sounds like you get the right level of difficulty. I think you'll enjoy this mission, a lot more atmospheric than my other missions. Pretty happy with how it turned out, and v true to the original.

• Like 2

Sweet!

Finest compliments to the author!

You're implementing living classics, thank you, quite a thrilling thing,

already killed an absurd amount of time over your content and will certainly kill more - really delighted!

• Like 1

Thanks for the work mate, very atmospheric, top stuff. A singelplayer playthrough here:

• Like 4

Happy to report that Aurora went so well that I've jumped straight into ghost town. I've got the location sorted, just starting to place objects. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Greets to the author!

Just wondering if there is a chance for having a bit more of Desert Siege as a kind of Christmas cheer, please?

I'm not pushing, of course, simply interested  )

On 12/7/2019 at 8:29 AM, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

Greets to the author!

Just wondering if there is a chance for having a bit more of Desert Siege as a kind of Christmas cheer, please?

I'm not pushing, of course, simply interested  )

Hehe, I'll see what I can do. Might be just after New year. In between rock climbing and red dead redemption 2, there's not much mission making time. 

• Thanks 1

just an fyi, trying to get one more DS mission out there for you to play - a remake of Ghost Town.

• Like 3

FYI GR fans - starting to make some updates to my missions for replayability and smoothness for SP.

• Like 2

Shit, I just realised I never posted up Ghost Town - will get on to that - the mission is ready!

• Like 3