lightspeed_aust

[SP/CO6) Ghost Recon: Desert Siege

Hey folks

This is NOW the working thread for a new Ghost Recon campaign - the final in the original GR trilogy - Desert Siege!

First mission is in testing and it's a classic remake of the original with a little more AI hostility and reactivity - I think lovers of GR will love this nostalgic trip back to Africa.

As I have done with all my missions and campaigns - I aim to capture the essence of GR original series remade in Arma 3.
Missions can be played in SP or up to 8 player coop and for the GR diehards, you will see some painstaking remakes of original GR battlegrounds.

Required mods:
CBA3
CUP Terrains - Core
CUP Terrains - Maps
CUP Terrains - CWA 1.3.0
RHSAFRF 
RHSUSAF
RHSGREF
Lingor/Dingor Island by Icebreakr
FAP Units by Icebreakr

I will be producing missions one by one now - not a full campaign coz I'm time poor sorry - but expect at least 6 remakes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

yeh I was working on Frostbite but things weren't working out as hoped so I switched it up.

Might come back to it later.

• Like 1

mission 3 well under development - slightly different to the original third mission but should still make sense and kind of doing things in reverse.

cryptic enough? lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry. I just bought Hunter: Call of the Wild and I'm hooked, not sure when next mission will be out.

• Haha 2

Ok, back on track. I tested mission 3 last night and just a few tweaks and I'll release it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well only 43 downloads of latest mission, so I've decided the mission I'm working on now, Aurora, will be the last one in Arma 3, unless I do something in OPTRE at some point.

• Sad 2

To lightspeed_aust: the A3 game is full of amateurs, mate. Just too young to have experienced the thrill and the atmosphere of the original GR series.

The things you create are not a kind of utility stuff, they are primarily for the old guards who remember the GR and are able to value it's reincarnation in the A3. And in such excellent quality.

Your scenarios create huge nostalgic flashbacks almost immediately. Very good work.

Please, don't take the community's low-level response to the absence of one. You own the attention of the hardcore GR fans, who know the stuff, and the youth just can't realize what exactly they are seeing here.

It's up to you to decide, of course, but it would be very nice if you continued.

Best regards.

• Like 3

Yup your first GR campaign was the best I’ve played especially the mission in the ship yard. Don’t have much time these days to play Arma but your missions are all on my steam subscribed list ready to rock and roll if I get to sneak in 1-2 hours of pc play. Having two kids under 3 just doesn’t give you game time at all.

• Like 1

I plan to release Aurora shortly - working on it now - maybe 2 or 3 weeks away.

I think you'll like it.

• Like 4

Greetings, lightspeed_aust,

whatever the reasons for the 'Aurora' delay, the mission is still awaited.

Eager to get some more nostalgic flashbacks  )

Just wanted to drop by,

thank's in advance,

have a nice day.

On 3/30/2019 at 1:29 PM, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

To lightspeed_aust: the A3 game is full of amateurs, mate. Just too young to have experienced the thrill and the atmosphere of the original GR series.

The things you create are not a kind of utility stuff, they are primarily for the old guards who remember the GR and are able to value it's reincarnation in the A3. And in such excellent quality.

Your scenarios create huge nostalgic flashbacks almost immediately. Very good work.

Please, don't take the community's low-level response to the absence of one. You own the attention of the hardcore GR fans, who know the stuff, and the youth just can't realize what exactly they are seeing here.

It's up to you to decide, of course, but it would be very nice if you continued.

Best regards.

Agree 100%!!

Your missions are awesome and I wish UBI crap would remaster those old R6 and Recon games, cause the new ones just don't cut it. Or maybe I am getting old lol.

Sorry for the delay, I've been studying and rock climbing during spare time. But will get to it soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1