Mojo_Dog

Help! Everyone except the host start as birds. (SOLVED)

Made a mission like always.

Hosted a listen server.

My friends join the lobby.

We start.

Im on the ground as a soldier like normal.

Friends are seagulls above their soldier.

The ace nametag thing above the soldiers says "error: no unit."

I have like a thousand hours in the editor and I have never run into this problem before.

My own troubleshooting:

I turned respawn off, since seagulls come with the respawn, it still happens.

I started up a second instance of arma from my own pc and joined to rule out if my friends had other versions of something, it still happens.

When the non-host comes to the point where the map should be visible before mission start, it says "could not connect to the positioning system" or whatever, but all the soldiers I placed have a map so it's like they don't get their gear even.

Im thinking maybe something just glitched tf out and I should try to redo the mission with a fresh start.

Anyone have a clue?

Mods used:

CBA

ACE3

ALIVE

TFAR

RHS

ASR_AI

Kunduz.

SOLVED

When using doStop in MP on playable characters, all except the host become seagulls. This happens in total vanilla too.

I sent a bug-report to BIS.

• Thanks 2

Solved it.

Somehow putting

[] execVM "script.sqf" in init.sqf

causes this. Removed the brackets and all is back to normal.

EDIT: ok nothing is solved.

• Thanks 1

That shouldn't change anything. What is in script.sqf?

On 2018-04-28 at 11:15 PM, Harzach said:

That shouldn't change anything. What is in script.sqf?

I thought I solved it, because when I removed the brackets, started up a second instance of arma and joined my own lan server, it works. But not when my friend from outside the household joins. Weird.

"script.sqf" is just an example. I run several of them. One that sets briefing notes, one that changes the loadout of a couple of AI mission targets etc. But nothing that should mess with spawning and nothing I haven't used before.

Now Im thinking maybe it is Kunduz. Because all my other missions on other maps works. So im trying to redo the whole mission on Malden instead.

EDIT: SOLVED, in case someone runs into the same problem and googles this, check my original post.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2018 at 8:56 AM, Mojo_Dog said:

I thought I solved it, because when I removed the brackets, started up a second instance of arma and joined my own lan server, it works. But not when my friend from outside the household joins. Weird.

"script.sqf" is just an example. I run several of them. One that sets briefing notes, one that changes the loadout of a couple of AI mission targets etc. But nothing that should mess with spawning and nothing I haven't used before.

Now Im thinking maybe it is Kunduz. Because all my other missions on other maps works. So im trying to redo the whole mission on Malden instead.

EDIT: SOLVED, in case someone runs into the same problem and googles this, check my original post.

I'm having the exact same problem, was it the map that was the problem for you?

@Mojo_Dog,

Dude you saved my arse.That wouldve been the last thing i checked...Owe you more than a few beers for that one buddy.Stellar work my friend!!

👍