Hvymtal

Hvymtal's AT Reference Guide

With the release of Tanks dlc, I thought I'd give a go at writing a no-nonsense guide that tells you what you need to know about the various weapons in the launcher slot without getting bogged down in unnecessary details, config numbers that have zero context, or teaching you every little trick for you. So, here goes.

A51B09A42070A5F6937548C01A4381FA17960A08

Beautiful, I know

Google Docs Version

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oGznRhgYVCrSSCgKP8ZcB-Q9aQCMJVo94tmPjEvml_o/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Now as a Steam Guide if you prefer!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1604800527

For any Bohemia employees that may be reading: the biggest take away is that the PCML is so inconsistent as to be nearly unusable. The flight profile is hilariously bad (I often hit the freaking ground at longer ranges in direct mode), and direct mode has literally no advantages compared to overflight, though granted overflight is how it is supposed to be used

Please, please, please try to find a way to make the PCML more consistent and closer to its real-world counterpart. It is a lot more frustrating to use then it ever should be. If I were rebalancing it, here's what I'd do:

-Alter vehicle "boxes" so as to be more friendly to AT launchers, the PCML in particular. This has a fair amount to do with the PCML's problems

-Alter the permitted detonation proximity; sim speed appears to affect where the missile hits to an unreasonable degree

-Improve the EFP submunition's penetration and normalization

-Remove missile launch warning, or delay it (Alternatively, make it resistant to countermeasures)

-Alter the flight profile to remove possibility of the missile impacting the ground, and to improve the consistency of direct attack mode (currently it strikes too low to do significant damage)

Also, while the Titan AP has a good damage radius, damage is not sufficient to be viable. Recommend increasing damage a bit

For those interested, a link to a similar investigation I did on Rifle Optics

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Looks great! Thanks for the hard work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I try, I guess.

If there's only time to read one part, do the PCML first. Hopefully what I wrote down there will reduce some of the frustrations of using it. It has a deceptively high skill floor.

Nice! Thank you. We'll try to address the issues together with fixes on the receiving - armor - side. These notes will be helpful!

The downside of that could be that you may need to update your guide later on ;) But still, thanks a lot!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hey, if the PCML turns into the highly-capable weapon system it is in real life, I'd be more than happy to update the guide. I really, really, really want to love it, but it's kind of like the BL-10 gun that the ISU152 used to get and the Object 704 does get in World of Tanks; it isn't called the "Trollcannon" because it trolls only the enemy...

Updated:

Added steam guide version to front page, minor polish

• Like 1