Sign in to follow this  
cklymowsky

How to create a plane with closed canopy and landing gear up

I'm trying to spawn a plane at _pos = screenToWorld [0.5,0.5]; that is not moving and I want the canopy closed and the landing gear up.

I tried _veh1 animateDoor ["canopy_hide", 0, true]; on the B_Plane_CAS_01_F with no joy.

Thanks in advance.

I think in the past I spawned an empty one in the air with no fuel and then set it on the ground using setpos.

1 hour ago, f2k sel said:

I think in the past I spawned an empty one in the air with no fuel and then set it on the ground using setpos.

Thanks f2k sel ,

This worked, any idea to silence the engines. _veh1 engineOn FALSE; still takes a few seconds for it to wind down...

• No I don't think it's possible,  too late to test but what about spawning a simple object?

Maybe pre-spawn it at mission start and just move it when you need it later in the mission or try and mask it with some ambient noises. 

I couldn't sleep and did manage to do it, I had to think outside the box for this one and it only works if you have  water on the map.

Spawn the plane as before flying empty

now setpos  it a few meters under water.

You may need a small sleep command to allow the engine to become flooded  sleep 0.1; was enough.   

Then move it to your actual position.