tupolov

Community Factions Project

CFP update coming very VERY soon.  A ton of hours were put into this update.  We hope everyone enjoys it and it helps to make some new and exciting campaigns/missions.

Release is imminent.  

20181218232454_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

****CFP UPDATE IS PLANNED FOR FRIDAY AT 1700 GMT (NOON EASTERN US TIME)****

(Release time is subject to change due to the following:  Horrendous build issues, my or another team member's incompetence, An EMP detonation knocking out the interwebs, Alien Invasion, The Rapture, and a giant meteor hitting the Earth, ending life as we know it.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

cfp_picture_black.png

VERSION 0.6.0

20181221121019_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

VERSION 0.6.0 RELEASED

We are proud to bring you the latest update from the CFP Mod Team!  This update adds an additional 4 factions to the already existing content, as well as a plethora of new assets, uniform retextures, and more!

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS

• 4 NEW FACTIONS
  • Korean People's Army
  • Mali Government Forces
  • Mali Tuareg Rebels
  • Chadian Armed Forces

Complete overhaul of almost every single asset in the mod, including retextures, upgrades, and more.

• NEW ASSETS
  • Israeli Golani Helmet Variants
  • Israeli Miznefet Helmet covers in various styles
  • Alice Vests (scaled for both Field Uniforms and BDUs)
  • Interceptor Vests
  • FLC Vests
  • Lungee Shemagh
  • Face Shemagh
  • Neck Scarves
  • New Beard Variants
  • Custom Generic Names for factions such as Israel with authentic surnames.
  • Custom Islamic Voice Protocol that includes "Allah Akbar" verbiage.
  • Completely redone Cryes and Crye G3 uniforms
  • Complete redone Field Unfiorms, BDUs, and Guerilla Uniforms
  • Completely retextured Headgear including PASGT Helmets, Basic Helmets, and BoonieHats
  • Revamped Unit loadouts for EVERY existing CFP faction 
  • Revamped Groups including more dynamic static weapon teams and anti air units when applicable
  • Continued support for ACE, VCOM AI, and ALiVE
  • See full commit history on Github: https://github.com/tupolov/cfp

Download on Steam https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369691841

Download on Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsx3y0cmiyl1mw2/%40cfp.7z?dl=0

As always the CFP Team hopes you enjoy the mod and we look forward to seeing lots of great pictures and missions using it!  Happy Holidays to everyone!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8

Hope everyone is enjoying the update.

One minor bug that I've already squashed was that some of the IND ISIS units were set to OPFOR ISIS faction (most likely due to sleep deprived user error).  Soooo...if IND set to hostile vs OPFOR..they'll start shooting each other.  Will push the fix with any additional minor tweaks later in the week after folks have had a chance to report any other minor issues.  Until then...if using ISIS...make sure you have Opfor friendly to IND in your mission. :drinking2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We're working on a fixing a few bugs, etc. and should have a hotfix out soon.

Included in the hotfix....

Winter (Chedaki Faction) is Coming......

20181227133147_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

• Like 19

22 hours ago, autigergrad said:

We're working on a fixing a few bugs, etc. and should have a hotfix out soon.

Included in the hotfix....

Winter (Chedaki Faction) is Coming......

:icon_dj:

I love this mod with all the new stuff from CUP! Waiting for new update so much, and i hope someday you will make winter uniforms for Russian army too, since now we have winter Chernarus map. Best wishes for the mod team!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Disgusting_Man said:

I love this mod with all the new stuff from CUP! Waiting for new update so much, and i hope someday you will make winter uniforms for Russian army too, since now we have winter Chernarus map. Best wishes for the mod team!

If you like Winter Chernarus you'll enjoy the upcoming hotfix.  Glad you enjoy the mod!

cfp_picture_black.png

Version 0.6.1

Hotfix Update

20190103191315_1.jpg?width=1618&height=920190103202030_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

So you say you like the new amazing Winter Chernarus Map huh?!  Well, I've got some news for you then!

VERSION 0.6.1 (Hotfix) RELEASED

We are proud to bring you the latest update from the CFP Mod Team!  This update adds an additional 2 factions to the already existing content, as well as new"frosty" gear and more!

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS

2 NEW FACTIONS

Chernarus Defense Force Winter Faction (CFP_B_CDF_SNW)

Chernorussian Movement of the Red Star Winter Faction (CFP_O_CHDKZ_SNW)

NEW ASSETS

Winter Full Facewrap in various colors/camos

Winter Kitbag

Winter Assault Pack

White Opscore

Winter M90 Crye Uniform

BUG FIXES

Fixed Al Nusra faction not spawning groups

Fixed Sudan Rapid Support Militia/Janjaweed faction not spawning groups

Fixed ISIS Opfor faction spawning some ISIS Independent units as well

ENHANCEMENTS

Moved Dynamic Static Gun Crews to Non Infantry groups to decrease spawning of those units and increase game balance

Included Optional ALiVE Logistics pbo for units introduced after the latest ALiVE release (Chernarus and Chedaki Winter factions) which allows for proper faction vehicles to be used for ALIVE Logistics support)

See full commit history on Github: https://github.com/tupolov/cfp

Download on Steam https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369691841

Download on Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ldahz4rvgkbpoor/AACvdBahYXXK2P7Sc6uP7rmza?dl=0

As always, we hope you enjoy the mod!  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Getting back to my mission making roots, here is a CFP Showcase campaign on Winter Chernarus using the new CDF and Chedaki winter factions.

Steam Workshop Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1614621703

20190101170922_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

AVALANCHE

In the early hours of Dec 3rd, Chedaki military forces, in coordinated attacks supported by insurgent Chedaki supporters, launch assaults against multiple CDF held positions near the South Zagoria border. CDF forces were pushed inland, with the 16th Mechanized falling back to Stary Sobor and repelling multiple Chedaki assaults through Dec 5th. Chernogorsk and other coastal cities fell to Chedaki invaders by Dec. 6th with CDF forces holding the current front line between Vyshnove and Solnichiny on the eastern coastline. Now that our forces have regrouped, it is time to take the fight back to the Chedaki scum!!

This is an ALiVE based full map campaign on Winter Chernarus. I deliberately made it "bare bones" mod wise as those who use ACE, etc can open the mission pbo up and edit it to their heart's content. Do not ask me to add any additional mods as this will stay slim on here for ease of editing.

This is a MP campaign for up to 26 players (this can be edited again in the pbo if needed). You are also welcome to play this as a SP mission, but it will only be visible by going to Multiplayer-->Chernarus (Winter) 

There is a vanilla Revive system in place, with Medics using Medpacks required to revive in the field.

Other features include...

• VCOM AI 3.1 scripted directly into the mission *NO NEED TO RUN VCOM AS A MOD OR ANY OTHER AI MODS*
  • Virtual Arsenals at 2 separate spawnpoints
  • Player slots as both Regular Mechanized Infantry and CDF Special Forces
  • Full ALiVE Combat Support and Logistics
  • Fully Persistent campaign that can be saved locally or on a dedicated server
  • Use of the new CFP Winter CDF and Chedaki Factions

NOTE***If you wish to have the actual CDF and Chedaki Vehicles used for both logistics and supply, make sure to move the optional "cfp_alive_logistics" pbo over from your optional CFP folder and into your addons. Otherwise, it will use vanilla CSAT and NATO Vehcles**

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Congrats on all the recent releases to this. The winter units and vehicle camouflages tweaks to include snow are very impressive. :)

43 minutes ago, evrik said:

Congrats on all the recent releases to this. The winter units and vehicle camouflages tweaks to include snow are very impressive. :)

Thanks my friend.  Outstanding updates to 3CB lately as well (as usual).  You guys continue to impress!

• Thanks 1

About time somebody gave the CUP team some love.Congrats:f:

• Like 2

There is some people here playing the Avalanche scenario ? i didn't find any server, if not i can set up a dedicated server if people are interested to play.

Hello i got a question on how to use the logistic vehicle, for the peshmerga for exemple without using the pbo (in the mission file).

Ijust need to copy CFP_B_PESH_Logistics.hpp in the mission file and add #include "CFP_B_PESH_Logistics.hpp" in the description.ext ?

9 hours ago, damsous said:

Hello i got a question on how to use the logistic vehicle, for the peshmerga for exemple without using the pbo (in the mission file).

Ijust need to copy CFP_B_PESH_Logistics.hpp in the mission file and add #include "CFP_B_PESH_Logistics.hpp" in the description.ext ?

Actually you don’t have to do anything for Peshmerga.  That faction’s logistics is already included in the latest ALiVE release.  The optional pbo is only for the factions released after the latest ALiVE release, which are the Winter CDF and the Winter Chedakis.  All other CFP factions should have proper logistics already working with ALiVE.

• Thanks 1

Got a new CFP Showcase campaign up on Workshop folks...

cpfidf.jpg?width=1618&height=911

LION'S ROAR

Workshop Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1623958637

Synopsis:  Al Rayak has long been a disputed territory between Lebanon and Israel.  An uneasy agreement that no forces of either side would occupy Al Rayak has been in existence since the Al Rayak Accords of 2009.  That changed when 3 separate terrorist attacks in Tel Aviv were linked to monetary support from Hezbollah and Iran.  In response to these attacks, Israeli tanks and infantry rolled into Al Rayak and established outposts throughout.  As tensions have continued to grow, and with Iranian forces bolstering the current Hezbollah ranks, Hezbollah leadership determined now is the time to claim ownership.  In the early hours of April 17th, 2018,  Iranian and Hezbollah forces moved into the large coastal city of Al Nabq, seizing the vital ports there.  Meanwhile, Iranian Airborne units launched coordinated attacks against Izzra, Inkhli, and Al Manzoul, essentially siezing the entire Al Rayak coastline within hours.  Iranian forces established a forward operating base to conduct air operations.  IDF forces, caught by surprise and outnumbered, were forced to fall back and consolidate their forces , withdrawing inland.

This is an ALiVE based full map campaign on Al Rayak. I deliberately made it "bare bones" mod wise as those who use ACE, etc can open the mission pbo up and edit it to their heart's content. Do not ask me to add any additional mods as this will stay slim on here for ease of editing.

This is a MP campaign for up to 26 players (this can be edited again in the pbo if needed). You are also welcome to play this as a SP mission, but it will only be visible by going to Multiplayer-->Al Rayak (IT WILL NOT SHOW UP IN SP SCENARIOS). It is set up for persistence and set to save locally so this can be used by groups for persistent campaigns.

There is a vanilla Revive system in place, with Medics using Medpacks required to revive in the field. Other features include...

• VCOM AI 3.1 scripted directly into the mission *NO NEED TO RUN VCOM AS A MOD OR ANY OTHER AI MODS*
  • Virtual Arsenals at 2 separate spawnpoints
  • Player slots as both Regular Mechanized Infantry and Special Forces
  • Full ALiVE Combat Support and Logistics
  • Fully Persistent campaign that can be saved locally or on a dedicated server
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

The sheer amount of factions is impressive and makes this a one-stop shop as a mission maker.  However I'm having some issues with the randomization disable option on certain factions.  With so many factions, I haven't tested more than a few, but here's what I'm seeing:

-Both squads tested have each unit's randomization disable box checked.

-I have an al-Queda squad that I've rearmed with Toadie's weapons (and the MG with a RHS PKM).  Only weapons and ammo have been edited, and when I load the edited unit in the Loadout Editor, there will be a quick flash of randomization, but then it will return to the specific loadout I've set (including non-changing clothes).  When I run the mission either playing that unit or with an AI playing as that unit, everything runs as it should and the custom loadout stays.

-When I do the exact same thing with an ANA faction squad except trying to use RHS M-16s and ammo, when I go into the editor, it will randomly change clothes/vests/helmets when I click on them, but it will change them to the same items for each unit in that squad.  When I try and add weapons/ammo, it will take it in the loadout editor, but once I run the mission, again either playing as the unit or with the AI playing as the unit, the randomization will kick in and the weapons will revert to the CUP M-16 and the gear will randomize.

The only difference when setting these two squads up is the weapon choice.  Is it possible disabling the randomization didn't make it into each faction's code?  Appreciate anyone confirming if they're seeing the same issue.

3 hours ago, gatordev said:

The sheer amount of factions is impressive and makes this a one-stop shop as a mission maker.  However I'm having some issues with the randomization disable option on certain factions.  With so many factions, I haven't tested more than a few, but here's what I'm seeing:

-Both squads tested have each unit's randomization disable box checked.

-I have an al-Queda squad that I've rearmed with Toadie's weapons (and the MG with a RHS PKM).  Only weapons and ammo have been edited, and when I load the edited unit in the Loadout Editor, there will be a quick flash of randomization, but then it will return to the specific loadout I've set (including non-changing clothes).  When I run the mission either playing that unit or with an AI playing as that unit, everything runs as it should and the custom loadout stays.

-When I do the exact same thing with an ANA faction squad except trying to use RHS M-16s and ammo, when I go into the editor, it will randomly change clothes/vests/helmets when I click on them, but it will change them to the same items for each unit in that squad.  When I try and add weapons/ammo, it will take it in the loadout editor, but once I run the mission, again either playing as the unit or with the AI playing as the unit, the randomization will kick in and the weapons will revert to the CUP M-16 and the gear will randomize.

The only difference when setting these two squads up is the weapon choice.  Is it possible disabling the randomization didn't make it into each faction's code?  Appreciate anyone confirming if they're seeing the same issue.

Ok so a few things here.....

1. Make sure you click the "Override ORBAT Loadout" as well as the randomization box.  Both are clickable boxes in the editor.  I just tested this with al-Qaeda and it worked fine.

2. If you have those clicked and then go back into the editor..even if the randomization kicks in...as soon as you go to uniform/headgear, etc. you'll see it reverts to your selections.  Just make sure to go into the editor..make your changes..and have those boxes clicked.

Again..I just tested with both of the factions you mentioned and everything worked as it should.  Just click both of those boxes for the unit..then make your changes and you should be fine.  Glad you are enjoying the mod.

18 hours ago, autigergrad said:

Ok so a few things here.....

1. Make sure you click the "Override ORBAT Loadout" as well as the randomization box.  Both are clickable boxes in the editor.  I just tested this with al-Qaeda and it worked fine.

2. If you have those clicked and then go back into the editor..even if the randomization kicks in...as soon as you go to uniform/headgear, etc. you'll see it reverts to your selections.  Just make sure to go into the editor..make your changes..and have those boxes clicked.

Again..I just tested with both of the factions you mentioned and everything worked as it should.  Just click both of those boxes for the unit..then make your changes and you should be fine.  Glad you are enjoying the mod.

I played a bit more with it yesterday after I posted and before heading to work.  I did discover that you had to check both boxes (had done that on the AQ units, not sure why I didn't do it on the ANA guys).  So the good news is I can build guys up as needed.  Thanks for confirming the info.  However, I was still encountering an issue.

- After configuring a unit in the loadout editor and going back to the game editor, if I then re-edit that unit in the loadout editor, it will mess with the loadouts slightly.  I usually end up losing at least one, but sometimes two magazines.  I think it would also add grenades back into the uniform (the default loadout for these particular units in CFP).  Additionally, if I config'ed a unit then exported the loadout and then went to another unit and imported the unit, the same thing would happen...most of the loadout would be applied but not all the magazines would make it.

I understand that this may be a limitation of the engine or the randomization script, but figured I'd pass it along.  Thanks again for the addon and the support.

22 minutes ago, gatordev said:

I played a bit more with it yesterday after I posted and before heading to work.  I did discover that you had to check both boxes (had done that on the AQ units, not sure why I didn't do it on the ANA guys).  So the good news is I can build guys up as needed.  Thanks for confirming the info.  However, I was still encountering an issue.

- After configuring a unit in the loadout editor and going back to the game editor, if I then re-edit that unit in the loadout editor, it will mess with the loadouts slightly.  I usually end up losing at least one, but sometimes two magazines.  I think it would also add grenades back into the uniform (the default loadout for these particular units in CFP).  Additionally, if I config'ed a unit then exported the loadout and then went to another unit and imported the unit, the same thing would happen...most of the loadout would be applied but not all the magazines would make it.

I understand that this may be a limitation of the engine or the randomization script, but figured I'd pass it along.  Thanks again for the addon and the support.

If you want to do a custom loadout for a unit just use a vanilla unit.