tupolov

Community Factions Project

Good luck with your project guys. I hope we will share some documentation about common factions in future :thumb:

• Like 3

As CUP just updated today...I'll go ahead and be proactive here.

Yes, we do plan on releasing a hotfix sometime this week to fix any issues that may arise from the new CUP update.  Should have some nice additions throw in as well for a hotfix.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, autigergrad said:

Should have some nice additions throw in as well for a hotfix

:don12:

Couple of suggestions:
* Could you remove the national flags from the markers you can place on the map during the mission? They clutter the marker selection really badly
* Add missing vehicles from normal NATO faction to the Pacific NATO, talking mostly about helicopters, planes etc.

There will be an Iranian Faction ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taro8 said:

* Could you remove the national flags from the markers you can place on the map during the mission? They clutter the marker selection really badly

Those damn USP mods clutter everything...the arsenal, editor, and probably soon to flood the gear options. Bastards behind that stuff have no consideration. The patches/markers broke my scroll bar! lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

Those damn USP mods clutter everything...the arsenal, editor, and probably soon to flood the gear options. Bastards behind that stuff have no consideration. The patches/markers broke my scroll bar! lol

In middle of a fight when you want to mark enemy positions having to scroll down through crapload of useless flag markers is annoying.
Maybe just leave the flag markers for editor only. Or if you really want them for some reason, then rename the vanilla markers so they show up first.

Our goal is to add 100 factions...

If you’re worried about clutter...this ain’t your mod.:drinking2:

Fair point on the naming. We’ll look at renaming to move CFP markers down 

Its one thing to have a lot stuff, its another to have that stuff be in a way. I love the idea of having loads of factions to play around with.

Having multitude of flag markers you can place on the map in the editor is cool. The flags can have their own category and are not interfering when you play the game. Now, being able to place a Zimbabwe flag onto the map during a mission... that does not strike me as something terribly useful, especially if those flag clutter a marker list you need for other stuff.

We'll take a look at it. Thanks for the support and feedback!

1 hour ago, damsous said:

There will be an Iranian Faction ?

Being worked on as we speak. Iran will most likely be in the next major CFP Update

• Like 1

I really like the mod!
Just a question:
now that the cup team has released the ACR uniforms, will you keep your uniform or switch to cup?

cfp_picture_black.png

Version-0.3.6-blue.svg?style=flat-square Released!

Hotfix

We're releasing version v0.3.6 to address a small bug introduced with the recent update to CUP. Keep in mind CFP is still in "Early Access" and we expect there to be minor quality/bug issues until we get to v1.0. Still you lucky buggers also get the fruits of the last weeks labor, that include:

Release Highlights

• Fixed bug on main menu due to recent CUPdate
  • Added Western Ultranationalists (based on 3 Percenters)
  • Updated Russian Desert Spetsnaz with upgraded assets
  • Improved Russian Desert uniforms and loadouts
  • Added German Fennek to Bundeswehr Desert faction
  • Added varios Crye uniforms and Opscore Helmets
  • Reduced US Army Delta loadouts
  • Added FAKs to combatants, added Medikits to medics
  • Added medic icons

See full commit history on Github

Download on Steam or from our Github

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just a note, on some of the multicam uniforms (CIA paramilitary) the camo pattern is going vertical instead of horizontal. Especially noticeable on legs.

EDIT: I figured out the reason for that: that upper leg texture in lower left corner of the NATO uniform is actually used for the left upper leg. However it is rotated 90 deg counter clockwise and mirrored to the whole leg texture.

HPvqfbA.jpg

6 hours ago, taro8 said:

the camo pattern is going vertical instead of horizontal. Especially noticeable on legs.

Desert tiger as well....not a problem though.

7 hours ago, taro8 said:

Just a note, on some of the multicam uniforms (CIA paramilitary) the camo pattern is going vertical instead of horizontal. Especially noticeable on legs.

EDIT: I figured out the reason for that: that upper leg texture in lower left corner of the NATO uniform is actually used for the left upper leg. However it is rotated 90 deg counter clockwise and mirrored to the whole leg texture.

HPvqfbA.jpg

Thanks. Will take a look and adjust accordingly. Will push fix in next update.

Another tip for the uniform textures: some of them look pretty flat. Personally I used clouds and noise textures as an overlay to make my uniform look a bit more natural, add a bit of depth to it. Along with the normal map, AO map and cavity map overlays as well.

Just been doing some testing on a new ALiVE mission I'm working on for my unit and notice something a little weird.

AUSv2uW.jpg

That's a group of 3 tanks where the crews couldn't decide who gets which tank so they all took the same one. You can see the 2 empties in the background.
I'll keep playing around and see if I can replicate it/narrow it down to what could be causing it, but at the moment I'm at a loss.

In the Western Ultranationalists almost all of the units get reported as an "Officer" in voice lines. Not sure how prevalent it is for other factions. Its just the units' config thing though.

EDIT: You can change the radio reporting name by editing:
textPlural
textSingular

Hey Taro, appreciate the testing! If you feel inclined, it would be good to have issues reported on our GitHub rather than the forum here. That way we can track them and include them in our dev sprints.

Cheers!

cfp_picture_black.png

Version-0.3.7-blue.svg?style=flat-square Released!

Another Hotfix

We're releasing version 0.3.7 to address a bug with the custom voice protocol for Islamic State and to complete the clean up of CZ forces after the recent CUPdate. Keep in mind CFP is still in "Early Access" and we expect there to be minor quality/bug issues until we get to v1.0.

Release Highlights

• Fixed Islamic State speaker bug
  • Added new Olive Green Texture for the RG-31
  • Adjusted CZ armed forces after CUPdate

See full commit history on Github

Download on Steam or from our Github

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Until ISIS radio protocol is composed entirely out of "Derka Derka Mohamed Allah Akbar Jihad" (in any and all combinations), I will be sorely disappointed :tounge2:.

• Haha 1

I don't know what you guys are gonna do with the Ukrainian Armed forces, but it's gonna be interesting to see.:dozingoff:

Considering that nobody create one for ARMA 3 tanks T-64 main battle tank of Ukraine. I think it will be enough to put on camouflage armored personnel carriers of the ukrainian army