tupolov

Community Factions Project

Great work. Congratulations to all involved.

Was this all built with ALIVE's ORBAT tool?

If so, how did you implement the randomisation?

This is a great idea.  Maybe I will have to revert back to CUP because of it. Is the ISC mod in here the same one as the standalone RHS based one or its adapted for CUP?

Does anyone one know how i can contact SP Craig?

What is the faction class name for independent al Nursa?

I was playing around with one of the CFP sample missions the other day using CFP_I_ALNURSA to fill in the Force Faction field in the OPCOM and obj modules. Once starting the mission, I would get an error in chat saying that the class name I used was incorrect.

I then changed the Force Faction class name to CFP_I_IS (I think, for ISIS) and everything worked.

Thanks again for the mod.

1 hour ago, JackelTits said:

What is the faction class name for independent al Nursa?

I was playing around with one of the CFP sample missions the other day using CFP_I_ALNURSA to fill in the Force Faction field in the OPCOM and obj modules. Once starting the mission, I would get an error in chat saying that the class name I used was incorrect.

I then changed the Force Faction class name to CFP_I_IS (I think, for ISIS) and everything worked.

Thanks again for the mod.

Nusra...not Nursa

CFP_I_ALNUSRA

3 hours ago, b3lx said:

This is a great idea.  Maybe I will have to revert back to CUP because of it. Is the ISC mod in here the same one as the standalone RHS based one or its adapted for CUP?

As Accuracy is a part of the dev team, all of his stuff is in here except of course, configured for CUP only vehicles and weapons.  

• Like 2

*See's 100 Factions*

Take all my money

*See's Blackwater and IRA in list*

Yeah take my soul.

I love the factions guys! Great work! Can't wait to see more!

• Like 1

This is awesome, a great CUP extension ! Arma needed that and you did it. I can't imagine how much work that requires so thanks to all the team. I can't wait for more updates/factions.

Have you consider adding a Tanoa Defence Force / Army ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matth_ said:

This is awesome, a great CUP extension ! Arma needed that and you did it. I can't imagine how much work that requires so thanks to all the team. I can't wait for more updates/factions. Have you consider adding a Tanoa Defence Force / Army ?

Thanks.  So regarding factions, our priority is on adding the initial list of authentic, real world factions.  That's priority #1.  Priority #2 is a gradual upgrade, both asset and unit wise, of the vanilla CUP units, again, starting with the real armies (US, British, Russia, Czechs, Germans, etc.).  We have discussed the possibility of adding "Armaverse" units but that is probably down the line a bit.  

• Like 3

On 4/25/2018 at 11:16 PM, autigergrad said:

It's all a ploy to entice you to finish your African maps Ice!!  lol

I have Rowalla ready ;) will publish an event soon to test it out with 30+ guys.

• Like 6

Any chance of more screenshots just so I can show my genius group members this isn't just a reskins of CUP assets?

• Like 3

20180429150928_1.jpg?width=1484&height=8

Here's another showcase mission for up to 8 players I put together.

RISE AND SHINE https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1373632809

• 8 MAN COOP OR SP WITH AI ENABLED
  • INCLUDES LATEST VCOM AI SO CFP UNITS WILL DYNAMICALLY USE MORTARS, SPG9S, MGs, and Explosives automatically.
  • Revive/Respawn system enabled.
  • PBO included on Steam page for those who want to load onto server, add ace, etc.

I'll add this to the Showcase mission list as well.  Hope you like it.  Simple mission, lots of action.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, knightlight said:

Any chance of more screenshots just so I can show my genius group members this isn't just a reskins of CUP assets?

There is a combination of CUP, Vanilla, and New/Donated assets in just about every single picture on the Workshop page and here.  With more new assets on the way.  I'm partial..but I think they look pretty enough to play with myself.

20180422134725_1.jpg?width=1484&height=8

20180422141546_1.jpg?width=1484&height=8

There are probably a dozen screens on the workshop.  

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, autigergrad said:

Nusra...not Nursa

CFP_I_ALNUSRA

Wow I feel like an idiot.

FYI, I tried again using CFP_I_ALNUSRA and it still didn't work.

Also I was playing with the CIA SOG faction and the AI assault units spawn without ammo.

Thanks for another Alive mission.

Wow! this mod is such a pleasant surprise! Thank you!

Question: I see there's BLUFOR Ukraine planned but can't see any OPFOR Novorossiya (Donbass rebels) in the list. Are they planned at all?

Good suggestion, we will look into it!

• Thanks 1

Vehicles will be added if we get donations from the community, we're not creating our own at this point.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:43 PM, dreadpirate said:

Great work. Congratulations to all involved.

Was this all built with ALIVE's ORBAT tool?

If so, how did you implement the randomisation?

Yes.

We added our own random tech. We followed a similar approach to BIS in this regard. This is all covered on the wiki on the CFP github. https://github.com/tupolov/cfp/wiki

• Like 3

Some German KSK CUP Upgrades inbound in the next CFP Update.

20180501154341_1.jpg?width=1484&height=8

• Like 5

^^^^

NICE! 

Do you plan on further expanding upon the Germans? Expanding as in: add regular units like Fallschirmjäger/Panzergrenadiere which were/are deployed to Afghanistan? Mechanized groups with IFV's and APC's? Helicopters?

I'm just asking because I made an ORBAT Faction for Bundeswehr in Afghanistan depicting the combat mission during the phase 2010-2014 and ended up with five different mods as dependencies.  If you're going to provide a full Bundeswehr faction in the same quality  as the KSK anyway, I'll gladly wait for that.

3 hours ago, tourist said:

^^^^

NICE! 

Do you plan on further expanding upon the Germans? Expanding as in: add regular units like Fallschirmjäger/Panzergrenadiere which were/are deployed to Afghanistan? Mechanized groups with IFV's and APC's? Helicopters?

I'm just asking because I made an ORBAT Faction for Bundeswehr in Afghanistan depicting the combat mission during the phase 2010-2014 and ended up with five different mods as dependencies.  If you're going to provide a full Bundeswehr faction in the same quality  as the KSK anyway, I'll gladly wait for that.

If we have the assets/ability to do so...we plan on covering or upgrading as much as we possibly can.  Time, assets, and manpower are the major points that determine this.  However, we've also learned that the Arma Community as a whole is pretty awesome as we have had several contributions to the project which you will see in the coming updates.

• Like 2