Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Dumb question about addons in mp

If I am playing multiplayer using addons, what happens if I am using a different version of an addon than other players?

Say I am playing a mission using the first release of the BTR-70, but everyone else is using the latest release? Does it appear as the early version on my PC, and as the latest on everyone elses? Or does it cause an error message?

If it doesn't cause an error, then what is to stop people from modifying addons (adding extra ammo, increasing damage etc.)?

I know this is propbably a stupid question that has been answered before, but I have to know.

Thanks. xmas.gif

i edited the apache textures a while ago, when i played mp it didnt give any problems you only see the thing in your edits and the other player just sees a thing of his version smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Dec. 14 2002,03:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it doesn't cause an error, then what is to stop people from modifying addons<span id='postcolor'>

The #debug checkfile admin command and the checkfile filelist in the dedicated server config.