socs

Prevent zombies from opening doors

Is there any possible scripting or just anything in general to prevent zombies from opening doors? This could be for either Ravage or Z&D, any and all help is much appreciated! Thank you in advanced!

I had a look at this yesterday with Ryans zombies and even with locked doors, the zombies just ran straight through them. I was able to solve my problem by using sandbag walls to barricade the doors in question though, but that fit in well with what i was doing anyway. 

• Like 1

You could hide them once placed but again, a lot of buildings. Even if you scripted it, not an ideal solution at all. Needs to be fixed and probably won't ever be, at least in A3. People have been asking for a long time now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HazJ said:

You could hide them once placed but again, a lot of buildings. Even if you scripted it, not an ideal solution at all. Needs to be fixed and probably won't ever be, at least in A3. People have been asking for a long time now.

Never understood why BI don't pull through with changes like these.

What's the point of making doors/vehicles lockable when AI keep ignoring the lock?

I mean this has got to be a simple getVariable check in the AI brain or not?

Other than placing objects to block doors there's no way to fix this unfortunately, unless BI finally opens up core AI commands, which will most likely never happen.

Cheers

• Like 3

I think the zombies in some cases ignore the fact that a building has doors and just rush through the walls. I know I had some bad experiences with that

Beside that, is it possible to prevent a player from opening/closing doors without to lock the door?

8 minutes ago, Alert23 said:

Beside that, is it possible to prevent a player from opening/closing doors without to lock the door or use  "showhud false"?

You could use an eachFrame EH to animate the door to closed state. Probably not a good idea especially with lots of doors in need of this.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

True, would it be possible to hide the actionmenu without to use showhud?

Because i find it better to execute actions via keys than scrolling the mouse cause that info on the screen makes a mission sometimes unrealistic.

On 24. 4. 2018 at 10:55 AM, Alert23 said:

True, would it be possible to hide the actionmenu without to use showhud?

Because i find it better to execute actions via keys than scrolling the mouse cause that info on the screen makes a mission sometimes unrealistic.

For hide action menu (but it still working) is this way, unfortunately you lose aim cursor:

showHUD [true,true,true,true,true,true,true,false,true];

Or for disable action menu:

inGameUISetEventHandler ["PrevAction", "true"];
inGameUISetEventHandler ["NextAction", "true"];
inGameUISetEventHandler ["Action", "true"];

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1