Chris_37

Arma 3 Whitelist Server Side Editable

hey wondering if anyone could help me out ive been looking at other whitelist topics but had no luck in have a player uid whitelist where the file is serverside and editable? or would i have to use a addon such as extdb3?

From top of my head, not tested. Something like:

initServer.sqf

[] execVM "\server\whitelistedUIDs.sqf";

whitelistedUIDs.sqf

whitelistedUIDs = ["123", "321"];
publicVariable "whitelistedUIDs";

\server

\server\whitelistedUIDs.sqf

Where "server" is a folder in the root directory where server files are. Feel free to change the name. Just a note: It isn't ideal to use PV with a lot of things, as it will broadcast to everyone over the network (even players already on server) which could cause a lot of desync, etc... For that, use publicVariableClient command. For this (example above) it should be okay. I just meant for a lot of server-side code.

On 23/04/2018 at 7:57 PM, HazJ said:

From top of my head, not tested. Something like:

initServer.sqf

[] execVM "\server\whitelistedUIDs.sqf";

whitelistedUIDs.sqf

whitelistedUIDs = ["123", "321"];
publicVariable "whitelistedUIDs";

\server

\server\whitelistedUIDs.sqf

Where "server" is a folder in the root directory where server files are. Feel free to change the name. Just a note: It isn't ideal to use PV with a lot of things, as it will broadcast to everyone over the network (even players already on server) which could cause a lot of desync, etc... For that, use publicVariableClient command. For this (example above) it should be okay. I just meant for a lot of server-side code.

Thanks, is it possible for the file to be edited while the server is active or would i have to use something like extdb3?

Try it and see. :dontgetit:

Should work but you will have to execVM it again. Can be from debug for example.

It Works! However i cant edit it 'file in use from another process'

Shrugs.