Vozam

Wrong cpu in config file

I was just checking in my cfg file cause my arma has been running on the same fps as my old i5 7500 even after I upgraded to a i7 7700k. I found this and is this normal? I'm mostly thinking about the end when it says that I have a i5 7500 at 3.4 ghz and that it says detectedCPUFrequency=3408; which I think is the clock speed of the cpu. Fps is around 40 in YET ANOTHER ARMA BENCHMARK (YAAB).

My cpu: i7 7700k 4.5 ghz

detectedAdapterId=0;
detectedAdapterVendorId=4318;
detectedAdapterDeviceId=7041;
detectedAdapterSubSysId=-2053566397;
detectedAdapterRevision=161;
detectedAdapterBenchmark=20;
detectedCPUBenchmark=97;
detectedCPUFrequency=3408;
detectedCPUCores=4;
detectedCPUDescription="Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz";

Delete the file and restart Arma. This is most likely just the same cfg from before you changed your CPU (as I assume you have not reinstalled Arma in between).

But more importantly I would not relate those settings to any performance problems. A3 will run with any clockrate your CPU delivers regardless of what the autodetection says. AFAIK this is only for the default graphic and view settings for when you first start Arma3.

If you get the same FPS than before the CPU upgrade, you have a bottleneck somewhere else that didn't changed. For example your graphics card, your RAM, etc. Try different settings in A3 that are either graphic or CPU heavy and check where your bottleneck is.