Sign in to follow this  
eyk@sturmjagd.de

T-140 Angara Active Protection System?

I have one Question abouth the T-140 angara Tank of the Tank DLC.

Do have the Tank an active Protection System against Missiles?. I have played the mini Campain and do some Tests in the Editor.

I can detect the incominc Missiles on  Radar, an alert sounds and so on.. the first Missile causes no damage, but then the second kills me. This every time and from Front or 30 degrees sideways sloped

There are Launchers visible on both Turret Sides with 12 cartridges each.. an a  upwards directed VLS type Launcher in the Turret. Is this functional stuff or more Eye Candy?

The Tank is a digital copy of the real T-14 Armata.. russion Battle Tank... but with no fuctional Aps is the  Tank to weak . Hehas a weak easy penetrable Turret.. APC can penetrate the Front easily.

Where is the opportunity of this Tank when the APS dous have no function.

The Same on the Slammer alias Merkava.. There is a trophy aps mountet visible on both turret sides.. SANME result.. but somtimes destroyed with 1st Hit

Or  i misundertanding here something?

Yes these systems are present on the vehicles visually but they are not used by the game. APS was left out of the DLC because they thought they couldnt get it to work properly. You'll also notice  that rpg and maaws wont show up on the vehicle radar, because the system uses an eventhandler that sets everything off when a missile is locked and launched, SACLOS missiles and rockets wont trigger a warning, so i guess charging head first into battle might not be the best tactictry hit and run tactics or find good cover first