hello, i was pretty sure that placing -mod=@MODname means that you need that mod to join, otherwise you use -serverMod=@mod to allow join without that mod.
with this line:
 -port=2302 "-config=C:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\TADST\DWAR---TEST-mods\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\TADST\DWAR---TEST-mods\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\TADST\DWAR---TEST-mods" -name=DWAR---TEST-mods -filePatching "-mod=argo;curator;heli;jets;kart;mark;orange;tacops;tank;@CBA_A3;@Advanced Rappeling;@Advanced Urban Rappeling;@ace;@task Force Radio" -autoInit
...i was pretty sure that CBA , ACE and TFAR were needed to joi...but i can perfectly join without them !!
so...how i force the players to have specified mods ? (i already use battleye and verify signatures V2).
thanks!

That isnt how it works

The -mod and -servermod defines what addons a mission can use (Or rather what addons are loaded by the server when it is started)

If there is a mission loaded, this defines the requirements for any clients joining

the public keys (Bikeys) in your server/keys folder define what -mods the client can join with, however they will need the -mods that the current mission is running (This allows them to use such addons as "Shactac" and sound mods(Client-side addons)

• Thanks 1

aaaaaaaahh!! really thanks man, now its way more clear!
so to "force" someone using ACE for example, i should place an ACE object in map ?
thanks man !

so...just to understant it all...the pratical difference from:     -mod      and     -serverMod   is...?

Mods started with -serverMod will not be shown in the ingame server browser. Thus people will get more matches, because only the mods that are required by the client will be shown.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dlegion said:

so to "force" someone using ACE for example, i should place an ACE object in map ?

Pretty much, only way a mission requires a mod or mods is if the mission has assets from the mod being used in it, that can be a gun, car, even a module.

Now if you were to build a mission with whatever mods enabled even though you have no intention on using any of those mods or their assets rather in

the mission, and then saved it, there is a good chance that, that mission will not load without those mods, or one of those mods loaded, because

you would have created whats called an addon dependency.

So just remember if you build your own missions and intend to have certain assets from a particular mod, then use only that mod.

Server wise if the server is not running those mods that the mission has a dependency on, then no one will be able to access that mission because

the server wont load it, even if you have the mods that the mission requires or are dependent on.

• Thanks 1

ah ! thanks for the info guys!!
i'm digging in all this because i got a problem with my server...if i run it with mods, i can join with or without, but in both cases i get an apparently random battleye error "kicked by battleye , client not responding" after a random time from 15 minutes to 2 hours !
and without mods this not happen...so its something weird...any idea what can be ?
thanks again !

really thanks for your help man !
well...i will first explain the whole situation:
i tried follow the instruction about how setup the server on the official page here : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server
but sadly when i use the steamCMD console it dont let me write the password, so i setup the server in another way: downloaded from steam tools the "arma3 server", and used TADST to setup it.
so i suppose my server.cfg is the one named TADST_config.cfg

Spoiler

/ Config file generated 22/04/2018 22:11 with TADST.

hostName = "DWAR TEST MODS";
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "XXXXXXXX";
serverCommandPassword = "";
logFile = "";

motd[] = {
};
motdInterval = 3;

maxPlayers = 10;
kickduplicate = 0;
verifySignatures = 2;
allowedFilePatching = 0;
requiredSecureId = 0;

voteMissionPlayers = 3;
voteThreshold = 0.33;

disableVoN = 1;
vonCodecQuality = 10;
persistent = 1;
timeStampFormat = "none";
BattlEye = 1;

doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onHackedData = "";
onDifferentData = "";
onUnsignedData = "";
regularCheck = "";

class Missions
{
    class Mission_1
    {
        template = "DWAR--07-04-2018.Altis";
        difficulty = "custom";
    };

};

really thanks for any help!

I have my server setup like this.

// JOINING RULES
//checkfiles[] = {};                            // Outdated.
maxPlayers = 64;                                // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
kickDuplicate = 1;                              // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.
verifySignatures = 2;                           // Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed).
equalModRequired = 0;                           // Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.
allowedFilePatching = 1;                        // Allow or prevent client using -filePatching to join the server. 0, is disallow, 1 is allow HC, 2 is allow all clients (since Arma 3 1.49+)

And I run it with certain mods.

./arma3server -port=2302 -name=server -config=server.cfg -mod=@rhsafrf;@rhsgref;@rhssaf;@rhsusaf

And it kicks me if I try to join with mods other than RHS. So just set it up like that, only have the keys on the server for the mods you need.

maybe i found a problem, but no idea what cause it or how solve...
if i use 100% vanilla, there is an  AAF FIA pickup with HMG  that has a camo skin.
if i use CBA or TFAR or ACE the same pickup is painted bright red, and seems its some sort of know bug.
but on server, it gets red also if 100% vanilla !! 
its like if it somehow load other mods or get somehow influenced by them ! i triple chekced TADST settings, even changed folders, problem still there !
i think its related to this disconnections!

On 25.4.2018 at 8:48 PM, dlegion said:

if i use CBA or TFAR or ACE the same pickup is painted bright red, and seems its some sort of know bug.

TFAR bug.

• Thanks 1

thank for the info !
right now i have only CBA and ACE3 on server, so no TFAR on server or  clientside, but offroad still red. maybe are 2 different problems with a common symptom, and now its a randomization problem, because i see also all  other vehicles of a single skin
(for example all hatchback are white). In my description.ext i put :      //disableRandomization[] = {};               ...but seems like its kinda ON :(  any idea about that ?