avibird 1

Need some help with setting up a trigger condition with an ARRAY of units.

I am having some issues with a trigger for multiple units in the condition for the trigger Need some help with setting up an array of units.

trigger activation

Type -  none

Activation - none

trigger expression

condition  (Help needed here)

on activation - ["task6","succeeded"] call bis_fnc_tasksetstate;

I can't get the condition to work with my playable units.

I have attempted  multiple times  like this but not working.

P1 || P2 || P3 || P4  in Bus1;

P1 && P2 && P3 && P4 in Bus1;

{_x in thisList} count [P1,P2,P3,P4] in Bus1;

_group1 = [P1,P2,P3,P4] in Bus1

The trigger works with just P1 in BUS1;

The mission has 13 playable units that need to get into the BUS1 for it to succeeded

Thanks Avibird

A different approach could be counting the seats available in the empty bus as a baseline, subtracting 13, and waiting for the number of available seats to equal the remainder. 

hey KC should you be working on that great revive script of yours :don11:  Thanks for the reply but @HazJ help my ass again.

{side _x in [blufor] && _x in BUS1} count playableUnits >= 13

• Like 2

2 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

hey KC should you be working on that great revive script of yours :don11:  Thanks for the reply but @HazJ help my ass again.

{side _x in [blufor] && _x in BUS1} count playableUnits >= 13

P1 || P2 || P3 || P4  in Bus1;//won't work, check the wiki page of "in" for proper syntax
P1 in Bus1 || P2 in Bus1 || P3 in Bus1 || P4 in Bus1;//proper syntax

P1 && P2 && P3 && P4 in Bus1;//see above

{_x in thisList} count [P1,P2,P3,P4] in Bus1;//activation is set to none, so thisList will stay empty

_group1 = [P1,P2,P3,P4] in Bus1//this is a declaration of a variable, also not proper syntax of "in"

If something doesn't work at first, try checking the wiki for proper syntax, if you're using correct datatypes.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Grumpy Old Man

Syntax my ass lol 20% of it may look familiar with a somewhat of a knowledge understanding of what I am looking at the rest is trial and error in the editor. I don't have syntax color notepads ect maybe that would help me understand a little more about syntax in the Bohemia world.  

Thanks for the input like usual. Avibird

2 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

@Grumpy Old Man

Syntax my ass lol 20% of it may look familiar with a somewhat of a knowledge understanding of what I am looking at the rest is trial and error in the editor. I don't have syntax color notepads ect maybe that would help me understand a little more about syntax in the Bohemia world.  

Thanks for the input like usual. Avibird

Don't handicap yourself then, plenty of free software with .sqf syntax highlighting and auto completion. Poseidon even takes you to the wiki when pressing F1 with a command highlighted.

Cheers

• Like 1

Also. It seems like you are too used to the editor which isn't a bad thing. There are a lot of tutorials/guides that you can download/watch, etc... The editor is good but with SQF scripts, etc you can do so much more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The mission has 13 playable units that need to get into the BUS1 for it to succeeded

add the 13 units to an array

13_units_array = [P1,P2,P3,P4 ect]; // make an array of all the units

condition :  13_units_array == crew bus1; // if they all need to be in the bus and only the 13 units

@zonekiller thanks for the reply and feedback but I get it to work with the help of @Hazj with this  {side _x in [blufor] && _x in Bus1} count playableUnits >= 13

But I like to learn new ways because we all know in the ARMA world with scripting there are many ways to skin a cat some are easier and cleaner.
I made a new post about  how to setup multiple commands from one trigger here

if you have  any input on this great.