Bas - oh-58d

BAS' newest project is a KIOWA WARRIOR... looking good

there will be the following versions of the chopper:

- OH58D Hellfire (4)

- OH58D Hellfire (2) FFAR (7)

- OH58D Stinger (4)

- OH58D Stinger (2) FFAR (7)

- OH58D 50.cal, FFAR (7)

my question is: is it a modified BIS model (which i thought wasnt possible) or is it a completly new model?

OH58D-3.jpg

I think its BIS's model... remember the pics from FlipeR ??

From the humvee and the OH-58 ??

And since FlipeR is in the team I believe its a edited model smile.gif

FliPer is working with BAS?

Good. That place is becoming a regular one-stop download shop!

didnt fliper say he would end his work in ofp community? but anyway.. if flipper is in bas-team this is probably the modified bis model thats right

http://www.concept-5.com/ballistic/about.asp

Look here:)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FlipeR - Yes he is also a member of the BAS team. He has contributed his vast knowledge of the Operation Flashpoint World to the team, and will undoubtedly continue to do so. FlipeR is also a very talented 3D modeller, and has been involved with OFP editing since the beginning.

<span id='postcolor'>

Well anyway.... I loved the original Oh-58 and im waiting for its release!

xmas.gif

They were in seperate PBO files and I don't think they were MLOD because the Hummer and the OH-58 were in patches, not the original game smile.gif

I don't think you understand...

FlipeR (and ofp.internals) can make those models editable...

The CH47 of the Nam pack was based on the original CH47 (same model but details changed)...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The CH47 of the Nam pack was based on the original CH47 (same model but details changed)...

<span id='postcolor'>

there is a editable model version of the CH47 p3d in everybodys pbo file. its a fault of BIS the backupfile of the ch47 is still in the pbo xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Dec. 14 2002,13:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The CH47 of the Nam pack was based on the original CH47 (same model but details changed)...

<span id='postcolor'>

there is a editable model version of the CH47 p3d in everybodys pbo file. its a fault of BIS the backupfile of the ch47 is still in the pbo  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

so there is a .p3d file of the oh-58 in its .pbo file too?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Dec. 14 2002,13:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The CH47 of the Nam pack was based on the original CH47 (same model but details changed)...

<span id='postcolor'>

there is a editable model version of the CH47 p3d in everybodys pbo file. its a fault of BIS the backupfile of the ch47 is still in the pbo  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wow cool (FW goes and makes the weirdest thing that has ever flown)

wink.gif

xmas.gif

just had a look at your page...

the "current progress" navi- list is stuffed with new projects wow.gif

i wonder, what´s the "army´s ah64d apache" project is going to change, beneath the mast- mounted radar?

the weapon loadout and skins smile.gif

yeah but shhh tounge.gifxmas.gif

well you're gonna have to wait.......

that´s alright, makes waiting more exciting wink.gif

i´m sure you guys will surprise us with some more special features for that ah64d....and of course for the other units  smile.gif

so, would be a release date, somewhen the first week of january be realistic for the ch47 and unit pack? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Dec. 14 2002,13:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think you understand...

FlipeR (and ofp.internals) can make those models editable...

The CH47 of the Nam pack was based on the original CH47 (same model but details changed)...<span id='postcolor'>

...allegedly, I'm yet to be convinced...

You guys are absolute champs! I've been after some Kiowa variants ever since the original BIS model came out - IMO it's still one of the best additions to OFP thus far...

It's good to hear you're making a Longbow Apache as well...I like my battlefields as modern as possible smile.gif

Thanks again guys - I've learned to be very excited whenever BAS announces a project smile.gif

I have asked BIs permission if we can release the Kiowa addon and they said its allright if we release the models in mlod version but we want the edited models in odol format and possible add a normal OH58 model in the zip file.

With this reply from BIS we are thinking about making all loadouts instead of 5 of the 9 loadouts but it will delay the release smile.gif

loadout-2.gif

Are the Kiowa and Longbow going to have realistic damage with their weapons? So will a Hellfire for example destroy a T72 in one missile?

*hopes so*