Sign in to follow this  
nickvette222

ArmA IV, Sequel to East wind?

I have a theory about what Bohemia might do. Maybe it could be that they planned another game after Arma 3, so they left East Wind at a cliff hanger and no real Apex campaign. I might be way off but it seems cool to me. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Info has already leaked Arma 4 - Hoc bellum:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/20963-arma-4-27-bc/

maxresdefault.jpg

Arma 4 - Hoc Bellum

Experience true combat gameplay in a massive roman military sandbox. Authentic, diverse, open - Arma 4 sends you to ancient rome.

Meet Aventinus and Transtiberim, your open-world battlefields featured in Arma 4. Quaint, mediterranean islands ravaged by hostile occupation, they are the largest and most-detailed terrains yet debuted in the Arma series.

Bolstered by new melee weapons, spears and javelins, bows and crossbows, fully customizable, Arma 4's wide variety of accurate modelled ancient weaponry opens up multiple avenues to accomplish your mission.

If speed is of the essence, or you're in need of a little extra firepower, acquiring the support of a catapult is always an option. With ballistas and various other siege engines, conduct large scale warfare across the vast landscapes of Arma 4.

Cheers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ProfTournesol said:

Funny to see my Ofp models ported...

He at least claims to have permission, what a coincidence, heh.

Cheers

It turned out that modern or future settings are nice to play around regarding technological gimmicks, but for actual gameplay and especialyl multiplayer, you don't want Thermal imaging missile drones. Back to the 80's would be a good idea, or even back to the 70's or 60's.

ArmA IV, pretending to sit in front of a monitor controlling autonomous Drones while sittign in front of a monitor controlling AI?

Any step forward and ArmA is more command and conquer than a military operations simulation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beagle said:

It turned out that modern or future settings are nice to play around regarding technological gimmicks, but for actual gameplay and especialyl multiplayer, you don't want Thermal imaging missile drones. Back to the 80's would be a good idea, or even back to the 70's or 60's.

I'd love a setting similar to falklands war, or even a bit earlier than that, some african civil war/conflict or korean war would be a change.

Cheers

• Like 1