Mr H.

Model appearing with a different orientation ingame.

Hi!
This is my very first try at making an object and importing it into arma 3, I have modeled a simple object in Blender and imported it into Object Builder, my object is and inventory object (defined in cfgWeapons children class of CBA_MiscItems).
Everything looks fine when I take the object out of my inventory to put it on the ground it has the correct model. The only issue is that the object is kind of "standing up" while I'd like it to be laying on the ground. In OB the object was correctly positioned laying flat.
Can anybody give me pointers to fix this?
20180418183408_1.jpg?width=678&height=38

Attachment orientation is different ingame as it is in O2/Object Builder - in fact its upside-down. Try reviewing the sample models and aligning based on that. Fair warning, you'll have a lot of trial-and-error trying to align it properly.

For it to lay correctly on the ground I think you need to add land-contact points. There is a LOD for that.

Actually.

On 18.4.2018 at 6:49 PM, Mr H. said:

defined in cfgWeapons

cfgWeapons items don't lay on the ground. They are put into a invisible container and the container lays on the ground. That might be part of the problem. But you should still try out the land contact point, that might solve it.

@Jackal326 that's what I did eventually. @Dedmen I tried the land contact Lod but it didn't work. Thanks for the info about the invisible container, I didn't know that. I'm trying to add an addaction to inventory object directly from the config and obviously it doesn't work, I know why now!