Sign in to follow this  
Badsteel

Wasteland mod based idea/suggestion

Hello, as stated in the title, it's an idea that was disscussed on  arma  related forum sometime ago, I couldnt find it back, so decided to start a new thread and try to complile some of the ideas that I found interesting..

Idea is very simple - adding a couple of classic 4x elements into the wasteland concept, namely extrraction of resoursec on the map and ability to trade them with what I would call "an off-map trader" and have it as the only way of spawning any weapons or equipment on the map by means of naval or air transport and no other means of getting it, only "raw resources" are available on the map by default, so to get "stuff" you need to first extract them and deliver them to an airport/port for the "trader" to extract and exchange for weapons/equipment.

That's of course a very rough scetch, thera several details and nunces here ofc, but I just wanned to know what ya all think about it before going into details, maybe something like that already been created, since it's quite a simple idea, let me know what ya think.

If you don't actually create anything, you run the risk of just being an Ideas guy

EDIT: clarification: there are so many people with just ideas, but usually the interesting challenges and problems that are valuable to discuss will only be revealed if you've got a working prototype. If it's just an idea, maybe it can go here: