Purzel

Make AI target civilian boat with BLUFOR inside

Sorry, I´d tried around the whole day...
How do I make an enemy ai attack a civilian boat, when BLUFOR players inside?

I tried pretty much everything:

side does not work for vehicles,

editing the mission.sqm code from emty to WEST does not work,

Waypoints are set correctly,
target and fire command are not working,
when using a BLUFOR-boat they will only attack if players are in cargo-slots (it´s unattacked, when only one human driver is inside),
etc...

The story is that a sniper team (BLUFOR - human players!) has to escape from an island and should be attacked by an incoming enemy boat (OPFOR - AI).
Normaly a vehicle changes its side to the drivers/commanders/gunners side, but enemies wont attack... (WP's are set to engage and combat!)
So what´s wrong with that stuff?

Any help would be appriciated...

Greetz Purzel

SOLUTION here:

Seems to work ok for me, I have an enemy boat a few hundred meters from  an empty civ boat then move the player in as driver or cargo and the enemy opens fire.

Only tested in SP though.

The ai-boat is about 800 - 1000m away,
when player in boat1 then the ai-boat gets started and moves toward civ-boat.
WP is combat, open fire.
And the AI is aiming at the civ-boat (or player), but not firing.
if players leave the civ-boat and swimming around, they will be attacked

Why not just make all BLUFOR in the civ boat. The enemy are most likely going to kill the civ during the engagement anyway? Who are the enemy? OPFOR/Independent? What code are you using, etc... Does this happen when you board the boat or get moved in from start or?

We (human players) ARE Blufor. There are only BLUFOR units in that civilian boat.
There are NO civilians around. Just an emtpy boat from civilian side, which we (the human blufor players) are entering.
Blufor vs. Opfor - No code for the boat, just a trigger with "enemyboat setfuel 1;", when players in civilian boat.

Weird. You don't use setCaptive or anything like that do you (on the players)? Just checking. When you are in the boat, if you have debug, do something like:

hintSilent str side player;

Although it works for me as is  have you tried addvehicle command https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addVehicle

and also add the reveal command to give it every chance https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/reveal

May also be worth verifying the game in steam, I do remember an instance where AI would target me at one point a while back.

try to close the boat to enemies. The distance is a little bit far for infantry, even AI sniper (usually goggling instead of firing...). Add a Kamysh or some AT vehicle able to fire on your boat, just for test. It seems to me vehicles are far more responsive if you enable their sensors/ data links in eden editor.

Ok, this is the solution:
I had to change the enemy boat.
I had used a BLUFOR-boat Type VSOC from RHS-Mod and put OPFOR-AI-soldiers in it.
After changing the boat to an original OPFOR-boat it worked as it should be...
(and I also used the reveal-command for an earlier detection of the Blufor-units (players))...

I don´t know, why the OPFOR AI-soldiers do not recognize the BLUFOR-players, when both parts are in different vehicles of the same side.

• Like 1