auge103

Dedicated server flooding the RAM after mission start

I've got a little problem with my dedicated server and probably need a small hint on how to fix it.

This is the starting situation:

- Windows Server 2016

- running A3 stable dedicated x64

- with the mission Domination!A3 3.90 from Xeno

- having a headless client connected

- and with the ACE3 and RHS mods as well as ASR AI 3.

- Important part of the startparameters: " -maxMem=8192 -cpuCount=8 -enableHT -hugepages -filePatching -bandwidthAlg=2 "

So all in all, nothing out of the ordinary.  However, this is my problem:

Whenever I start the dedicated server and the mission, the servers ram fills up in the following hours - ignoring the "maxMem" parameter -  until my virtual machine reaches its maximum (Arma3 is at 35GB at this point), then fills the pagefile until the system comes to a complete halt and gets unresponsive.

This is the ram filling up over time (and manual Arma shutdown at the very end):

B4EZ581.png

The strange thing is that the mission is absolutely playable until the very end when the host runs out of ram. I can conntect to it, I can play on it and nothing is lagging at all.

My question for now is: How can I find out the reason for this behaviour and how to stop it.

Is there any tool / script / resource to see what exactly is filling up the ram? Or is it only possible to unload the mods one by one and see which may be the cause for this mess (if at all) ? That probably would take days, because the ram is filling up too slow for a quick test.

I already talked to the mission creator and he mentioned that maybe one of the mods could be the problem. But as I just said, testing this could take days, if its mod related.

• Like 1

remove all magical commandline parameters, try to reproduce.

• Haha 1

I could reproduce it, removing all parameters but the modlist and the .cfg changed nothing (didn't test the performace).
At this point, I'm out of ideas.

bumping old post

Have you fixed the issue ?

We have same issue with different mission and different mods

Sorry, bumping this.

I have the same problem. Mission domination 3.99, Extdb3, No mods, one HC, 

Have to restart server every 24H.

Is this a common problem?

• Like 1

Hi again

I found a solution if your running domination with extdb3 and struggeling with high ram and disk usage.

in your server startup parameters add: -filePatching

in server.cfg add: allowedFilePatching = 2; 

in extdb3-conf.ini change Randomize Config File = true

hope this helps

20 hours ago, haknor said:

in server.cfg add: allowedFilePatching = 2; 

No. Don't do that. That essentially allows anyone to corcumvent bisign checks and load whatever scripts they want.

high ram usage with extDB... are you using "call compile" to parse the results that extDB returns to you? If yes then:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T135718

Here is your answer.

On 16.4.2018 at 1:17 AM, auge103 said:

Is there any tool / script / resource to see what exactly is filling up the ram?

Yes. Notepad++ and search for occurences of "call compile" in your code.

@Dedmen

Thank you for the warning 

now running test With allowedFilePatching = 0;

working ok at the moment, but the high disk usage usually appears after 12-18 hours.

Happy New year :f: