xeno

[MP] co40 Domination!

Always check the changelog/readme 🙂

I'll sneak around again in bi forum and I am shocked to see good old xeno is working on Domi again. 

best regards alter hx3 veteran^^  😂       da läuft mir pipi die Wange runter^^ xD

• Like 2

It's true..... things do get better with age.

Classic game! Thanks so much for updating. Motivating me to setup a dedicated server and opening the unit back up. 

If we could just get Roy.....

A maintenance release was necessary as I've added a severe bug (AI units got not deleted in destroyed vehicles). Beside that some other stupid script errors were fixed!

So here is Domination 4.11

Changelog and Download

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And yet another maintenance release because UAV servicing at service points did not work at all 😞

Domination 4.12

Changelog and Download

(Steam release later, somehow Steam thinks it has to download 22,1 GB of A3 files again because I've deleted a small file... accidentally)

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And if the mission doesn't end because I've added another stupid bug then yet another maintenance release is necessary!

So here is Domination 4.14

Changelog and Download

Last update, I promise!

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Please stop finding bugs and problems... There aren't any other bugs and issues in the mission! They are all fixed now with 4.15!!!

Changelog and Download

Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello @ all

Thank you Xeno for your Missionpack. I played Domination since Arma 2.

I cant change the Parameters on my Dedi. Server. I Start a Mission but i can`t change the parameter. Need Help Pls.

The cool down for missiles is not cool, could we have an option for this please.

No disrespect i have been looking around but cannot find any instructions?

1. Is there any Dedicated server installation instructions any configuration needed?
  2. Which missions need other mods?
  3. Any custom difficulty recommendations? 

And 4.24 is available...

Changelog and Download

Enjoy!

On 4/4/2020 at 4:07 PM, AKA_TiTAN said:

No disrespect i have been looking around but cannot find any instructions?

1. Is there any Dedicated server installation instructions any configuration needed?
  2. Which missions need other mods?
  3. Any custom difficulty recommendations? 

Check the Wiki at GitHub

1. You only need the mission pbo files in the download. If you want SQL database check the readme in the 7z download file or the Wiki

2. Check the Domination Wiki at GitHub

3. That's up to you 😊

Hi.... first off, I'm super happy this mission is under active development again.  By far this is my all-time favorite ARMA mission.  Thank you!

I have a question regarding spawn radius - not really Domination specific but thought I'd post here to see if an idea makes sense for a potential Domi update.   

I really enjoy CAS in jets - unfortunately air to ground combat in ARMA is kind of hamstrung.  

The problem has always been spawn radius. CAS gameplay needs large object view and spawn distance to be effective (>3-5km say).   However, if you have enemy units spawning 4km  around a player in a jet flying around the map performance can seriously tank. 

A common strategy for mission dev's is to disable enemy spawning triggered by players in jets, and instead rely on infantry players in an AO to trigger enemy spawns that the jet player can then see .   This works well if  enough infantry players on the map to spawn enemy units (and prevent despawn and reset) but doesn't allow for players in jets that want to work a different area of the map, or are waiting for infantry players to join. 

Here's a potential idea that may allow some spawning for players in jets, but may not tank server performance:   

- keep current spawn rules for infantry players

- introduce new spawn radius with unique rules for players in jets  

- "pilot player" spawn radius has large distance - say up to 5km

- "pilot player" spawn radius ONLY spawns vehicles / armor, or even  limited specific classes of vehicles (no infantry spawning - which I'm assuming would be the bigger burden on server performance.  All enemy infantry spawning would still need to be triggered by an infantry player on the ground)

- "pilot player" spawn could be limited to a max number of units

I am no scripter - so I don't know if any of this even works in ARMA..  Just curious on what others think.

Thanks

Domination 4.26 available!!!!

In this release the number of units in enemy AI inf groups now depends on player numbers making the mission more friendly for servers with lower player numbers (nothing changes for higher player numbers).

Can be disabled in params, d_smallgrps ("Reduce number of AI units in groups depending on player numbers" in server lobby)

Changelog and Download

Don't forget that you find a lot of information already on the Domination wiki on GitHub (click me)!

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As i normally play solo on my dedi server ... this new change is very welcome 🙂

Interested to see how the Angrybots work too.