xeno

[MP] co40 Domination!

@towatai

No that's not normal and I've never seen this before (nor did anybody report such problems)

Btw, the mission does not swap out AI to a headless client, it creates them directly on the headless client.

Sadly another Domination maintenance release was necessary (3.99g)...

Changelog

Download

Now I'm really gone till next year (Domi wise)...

Enjoy!!!!!

• Thanks 2

Can I play this on player hosted server (not dedicated) and have progress saved to extdb? If possible, are there any special installation procedures for extdb?

@Janez

Player hosted server works too.

But you need to install a SQL database (MariaDB) on your local machine and download extDB3 and load it as mod like one does on a dedicated server.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but one more maintenance update was necessary (who adds always those bugs?) 
But I promise this is now really the last update for this year!!!

So here is 3.99h

Changelog: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/332088703

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jYfswkd8iJz19-QEjYwVP9eP-oe_drFW

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

And one more, 3.99i :dozingoff:

This release contains a version for the new Rosche, Germany map 

Changelog

Download

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3.99j is now finally the last Domination 3 update!

In the last weeks I've only fixed bugs and added no features anymore. Now the mission is about 99,9% bug free (that's what all developers say :dozingoff:) and I think it is a good time to stop putting more time and work into it.

Donations have completely dried up in the last months and player numbers are quite low. And as none of the guys I play with still plays Arma it's hard to find motivation for further Arma developement (that's also your fault BI, stop wasting developer time for virtually dead projects like ylands, dayz or argo, etc, and make your number one project great again, even with a 4 behind it).

So here we go...

Changelog

Download

Enjoy :don11:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for all your hard work xeno.  It is really appreciated over the years.  Arma3 is slowly dying for me - not much drive to play it anymore.  BIS have dropped the ball by not announcing something bigger (with a 4 in it - as you said)

• Like 1

Hey Xeno, thanks for all your work on Domination all these years!

A question for you on your latest update,

trying to update my current edited build of the mission to your latest version and looking at the Sahrani mission in the editor vs mine same map,

i noticed that all the side mission markers are gone now whereas mine still has them, did you setup a different way to have side missions without the need for

markers or did you just remove the side mission feature altogether?

Hi Xeno, I have a question on external saves to database: I successfully configured extdb3 and am able to save progress from Domination menu, but how do I get it back into the mission after a restart?

It seems to me there's no 'Load from DB' button or similar in the menu, I also thought 'maybe the mission reloads the last save automatically' but this doesn't seem the case... could you please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance, have a nice day. :-)

P.S. yesterday evening I upgraded to 3.99j and 'U' key for accessing the Domination menu seems to not work anymore.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:16 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Hey Xeno, thanks for all your work on Domination all these years!

A question for you on your latest update,

trying to update my current edited build of the mission to your latest version and looking at the Sahrani mission in the editor vs mine same map,

i noticed that all the side mission markers are gone now whereas mine still has them, did you setup a different way to have side missions without the need for

markers or did you just remove the side mission feature altogether?

On 10/25/2018 at 6:50 AM, BlueRaven said:

Hi Xeno, I have a question on external saves to database: I successfully configured extdb3 and am able to save progress from Domination menu, but how do I get it back into the mission after a restart?

It seems to me there's no 'Load from DB' button or similar in the menu, I also thought 'maybe the mission reloads the last save automatically' but this doesn't seem the case... could you please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance, have a nice day. :-)

P.S. yesterday evening I upgraded to 3.99j and 'U' key for accessing the Domination menu seems to not work anymore.

You are more likely get a reply in the Discord.

@Gunter Severloh - Yes. The whole side mission changed. I believe the markers are still there except the naming has changed. I think you can pass some type to it.

d_sm_steal - Something like this? Can't remember exactly as I do not really play it anymore nor edit with it. A bit bored of the repetitive thing. That and also I played it since A1. lol. Having fun working on and playing Authority.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply Haz, i was just wondering is all.

I will ask what i need help with on discord.

And like always, if you make lot of changes some problems may slip through... 🙂

So here is maintenance release 3.99m

Download

Changelog

Enjoy 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for being noob, but I download the files, put them into mpmissions, but can't make them work to host a server. I can make Altis working, but only because it's from Steam. Can't make Tanoa or Malden working.

lato, unpack the 7zip download file and put the .pbo filesextracted from the 7z file into mpmissions.

Start the game and the Tanoa and Malden version should be there.

Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions

is this the one?

I'm extracting the whole folder there, but still no Tanoa or Malden version. What am I mising? 🙂

Just one more maintenance update was necessary (but I promise, this is the last update before the next A3 patch...)

So here is Domination 3.99n

Changelog

Google Drive Download
Git Hub Download

You will also notice a new marker system at main targets 🙂

Enjoy! 🙂

Lato, you have to dePBO the mission first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@XENO

thx for the tip.

So one more question. Is there a way to disable AI preview, when you play as a host? We play using LAN and as a HOST I see all the enemy units on map, can't find an option to turn it off.

And again one more maintenance update...

So here is 3.99o...

Changelog

Google Drive Download

GitHub Download

Enjoy! 🙂

(I'm now hiding till BI releases the next A3 update 😊)

@lato1982

Please us a pbo file from the Google Drive or Git Hub 7z download file an place it in the MPMissions folder of the host.

Then you won't see the markers. 

• Like 4