Hello, I've looked through all the topics in the forum and I haven't founded what I wanted.

I'm trying to make a Vest and Helmet mod basically for a unit I'm in. I retextured some of VSM Vests and Helmets, Military Gear Pack vests and 75th Rangers Helmets. I'm just trying to get a Idea on what I need to do to make them a separate standalone mod. and have them in-game as there own class/mod I tried making a config, but it always didn't work. So if someone could help me get started with this that would be great. I'm stumped

The configs I tried were all out of date too so there were a shit load of errors. Couldn't find a up-to-date one 

n8D4hP3.jpg

• Like 1

I honestly don’t think you’ve looked through all the topics, because if you did you would’ve seen the two pieces of advice I and others give to questions like this.

The first is going to BIs sources. It’s pretty up to date.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Characters_And_Gear_Encoding_Guide

The second is open BIs pbos that relate to vests and uniforms. You’ll see how they do it and can work from there. After about four years of creating retextures I still peek under the hood of the latest BI pbo to check for updated configs.

To make a stand alone retexture of an existing mod, you simply reference what you’re retexturing. In this case, VSM. Understand you’ll have to include/load the VSM mod everytime your stand alone is used.

Its a bit overwhelming when doing the first few but it’s a case of getting your hands dirty, digging in and trying to understand how the configs work. When you get an error GOOGLE IT FIRST. Many have walked this path and done much of the basic troubleshooting for you.

Appreciate the fact that some older configs may look different but still work. It’s a case of modder a doing things there own way and a lot of backward compatibility with the game.

If you’re using someone else’s config as a guide and are getting errors, check to see if the original configuration you’re using as a guide works without errors. If it does, it’s you not them:)

If you genuinely can’t find the answer, then jump on here putting as much info as possible around what you’ve done and the issue you’re facing.

All the effort is worth it! Good luck!

• Like 1

On 15/4/2018 at 12:38 PM, _Kwire_ said:

So if someone could help

Hello there _Kwire_ !

I 'm searching for the files and i will put a link here , hold on.

I have add an example for making a full mod for Gear.

For anything feel free to ask.

See you _Kwire_ !

Download file

To download file click the link below:
George Floros Gear example.zip
Filesize: 7.059 MB
File upload date: 2018-04-18 21:12:49

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Download file

I upated the link  , there was an error before.

If there is anything about , feel free to ask !

1 minute ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Here is a full example of some swimsuits and normal  ones  that you can also swim:

(It should be working fine !)

On 3/2/2018 at 2:18 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Download file

@GF_SEA_UNIFORMS.zip
Filesize: 10.121 MB
File upload date: 2018-07-23 22:52:02

Quote Me if the file is expired.

This is also a Gear example:

Download file

@GF_GEAR.zip