bc6760a1bfc400831adc0ae773d51367.jpg

Tales From Nowhere is a compilation of experimental missions for the Ravage Mod, showcasing fun or interesting ideas, concepts or game modes for singleplayer and multiplayer.

Those missions will usually require 3rd party addons, or make use of various script techniques to achieve better immersion and explore what can be done with the tools provided by the Ravage Mod.

Feel free to use or adapt any of the TFN missions or any part of it, as long as you give credits.

All episodes of Tales From Nowhere are released under the Arma Public Licence

APL.png

6922b9749d02d8598a7cf729624c4640.jpg

Spoiler

description

Singleplayer mission :

You have been contracted by ION Sec to explore the Zone, a strange phenomenon that alters reality.

As you go deeper in the jungle, more and more manifestations of the Zone will occur, and navigation will become more difficult.

Stay frosty, locate the source of the Zone, and make it back in one piece.

features

I don't want to spoil it for you, go find out!

screenshots

Spoiler

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

required addons

CBA

Ravage

Prei Khmaoch Luong

Warfare Thai

supported addons

Iron Front Lite

Frith's Ruin

notes

The Equipment Pool module is set for limited use of vanilla assets : at least one of the supported addons should be loaded to avoid naked NPCs.

download link

googledrive-logo.png.jpg?itok=IzHJDtKm

If you enjoy the weird stuff I do with my spare time, want to support me, or simply buy me a coffee - good news! I have a donation thing :

PP_logo_h_100x26.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for the mission, @haleks. Gonna try it out.

I suggest you link the mods for better finding.

• Like 1

First time I'm playing the Ravage mod. It's a lot of fun! :icon14: And your mission is exciting too.

One question though: How do I make the AI cross a (the) river? He won't neither swim nor cross the bridge.

I don't use the spoiler function for this as it's rather a technical question. If you wish so though, just give me a hint, then I'll hide it.

EDIT:

Managed to make him cross the river eventually. Checked the map for a shallow spot in the river and commanded him step by step approximately 30 times - slowly by slowly he crossed it. :don11:

• Like 1

The AI can be stubborn when it comes to crossing water, it's often a hit or miss. ^^'

• Like 1

LOL,

I have to be patient enough IRL with my students, so I ditched "Reprobate No.2" after he refused to move at all after a firefight where we still had the rest of the team with us.  He sorta chose to stick with them rather than joining me.  Might be my modset, though.  

It's anyway much more tense to go for the mission target alone... still playing here, and have already encountered a nasty surprise:

Spoiler

SSS!!! SNAPPP!!! - OUCH, where's my antidote! :icon11::drinking:

• Like 2

Still playing; have already a lot of great video footage for our RAVAGE channel - even after all those RAVAGE missions I've played or built myself, this mission still succeeds at dragging me deep into it! :respekt:

The map was an awesome idea; I do ofc know it  from playing WW2 or Vietnam War style stuff on it - but it's a very very cool setting for a recon/zone screening mission. Totally fresh experience to not play on this map as Big Green Man hunting Charlie for once! :soldier::war:  Gameplay like this???  NOPE!  More like that...:shoot:  :t::uzi::t::t: 

I really urge all RAVAGE players to try that one! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tourist said:

LOL,

I have to be patient enough IRL with my students, so I ditched "Reprobate No.2" after he refused to move at all after a firefight where we still had the rest of the team with us.  He sorta chose to stick with them rather than joining me.  Might be my modset, though.  

It could be that he's wounded. I had it too after a firefight and restarted as I felt I need him (to carry my stuff, but also because I'm too afraid alone :icon_biggrin:). Had no first aid kit.

As to your surprise:

Spoiler

Man, good that I avoided them just in case (vanilla ones are harmless but I didn't know if Ravage snakes do something. Cool stuff!).

• Like 1

Fantastic mission, it has a great atmosphere. I recommend using Dual Arms with this mission or Any Ravage based mission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coming soon in Tales From Nowhere :

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh oh, something BIIIG is looming over the hilltop! 

Looks, hmm, familiar and... FEARSOME!!! RUUUN!!!:t::greetings::sadlike:

• Like 2

Well I had a good play of this and found...

Spoiler

Une ville très étrange. Quelle perspective intéressante. 

• Like 3

It looks interesting!

I have a little problem, I have loaded Frith Ruins addon but AIs are still naked.

Edit: not all of them, renegades usually have clothes (vanila), but I encountered indep squad and they were naked.

@Hans(z): that's actually a bug with one of the modules from Ravage (thanks for reporting this) - I'll need to fix that. :/

Until then I suggest loading either WarfareThai or IFA3, it will do the trick.

• Thanks 2

Hi everyone!

I hope you made it back safely from the Zone : there is a new Tale From Nowhere.

The OP has been updated with Episode 2, a little concept mission with a bit of sci-fi in it.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Next episode idea : how cool would it be to play as a mutant able to mind-control any human or animal close to him?

Spoiler

And turn them into zombies afterwards.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, haleks said:

Next episode idea : how cool would it be to play as a mutant able to mind-control any human or animal close to him?

Reveal hidden contents

And turn them into zombies afterwards.

Like the controllers from stalker, that sounds neat, we really need mutants!

• Like 1

+1 to mutants; we could need them generally as a new type of opponents, but playing as one... That would be ofc a really unique experience and true to the ARMA spirit of freedom that allows you to play on any side, not just the "good/BLUFOR/western" side.   

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TPM_Aus said:

Any idea when the next episode will be released?

I don't know really... Besides Ravage, I've at least 3 major projects at the moment : F3llout, the next TFN episode wich is in very early development and a full on alien invasion script (100% vanilla)...

F3llout should have a first release soon, but be patient for the others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, haleks said:

I don't know really... Besides Ravage, I've at least 3 major projects at the moment : F3llout, the next TFN episode wich is in very early development and a full on alien invasion script (100% vanilla)...

F3llout should have a first release soon, but be patient for the others.

Is there more details available on F3llout? Loving your work.

Disregard, found it.  For anyone else who is interested

Edited by TPM_Aus
Found link.

Can I simply add another slot or 2 for multiplayer and then the mission is good to go?