Uhh. I would use setVariable command instead. Something like:

player setVariable ["backpackHidden", false]; // default is false (not hidden)

player addEventHandler ["Respawn",
{
	if (player getVariable "backpackHidden") then
	{
		// hide backpack code... whatever
	} else
	{
		// whatever
	};
}];

Not tested but you get the idea.

19 hours ago, HazJ said:

a

it kind of works but only runs when i respawn

Yeah. I thought you had the other part already.

The problem maybe that hideobject tries to hide the backpack before any backpack is given to the player on respawn. You could try putting a spawn in Respawn event handler and some sleep delay.

Not sure if I understand what the problem is but if you need to remove the Respawn handler first get the id like this:

_reid = addEventHandler // Rest of code here

then remove the event handler:

player removeEventHandler ["Respawn", _reid]

1 minute ago, manlikeg said:

thats it now but when i click show it gives an error of undefined variable in expression

yep you have to save the _reid variable to somewhere like with player setVariable ["reid", _reid]; for example and then get it from there.

4 minutes ago, gc8 said:

yep you have to save the _reid variable to somewhere like with player setVariable ["reid", _reid]; for example and then get it from there.

yeah just put it as isbag as iv'e already defined that and it now works, thanks alot for the help

Why delete the topic title and content? The purpose of this forum is to provide assistance to others.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harzach said:

Why delete the topic title and content? The purpose of this forum is to provide assistance to others.

I was wondering the same thing.....

I hate when you google some problem, get directed to a post to only to find out that the content it's been erased. Even worse, when you read [SOLVED] and then last post is: "SOLVED,thanks "..and no solution to the quest is posted. :evil:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, manlikeg said:

thanks alot for the help

We helped you . . . YOU DIDN'T

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Harzach said:

This seems to be showing up pretty frequently as of late.

Instead of contacting a moderator via PM and asking for thread deletion/lock he deliberately deletes every single post.

Not quite sure what the goal of that was.

1 hour ago, zagor64bz said:

I was wondering the same thing.....

I hate when you google some problem, get directed to a post to only to find out that the content it's been erased. Even worse, when you read [SOLVED] and then last post is: "SOLVED,thanks "..and no solution to the quest is posted. :evil:

Even better, googling for a solution, just to find a locked thread, last post goes something like: "This has been answered before: -link-" with a link to a dead forum page resulting in a 404.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think the mods would prefer a lock over a deletion, but yeah, pretty annoying to see this sort of thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Even better, googling for a solution, just to find a locked thread, last post goes something like: "This has been answered before: -link-" with a link to a dead forum page resulting in a 404.

That absolutely drive me crazy..hahahahaha...

1 hour ago, kklownboy said:

i will ignore him forsure

I just gave his post history a quick glance, he's doing it on 90% of his threads...

Cheers

17 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I just gave his post history a quick glance, he's doing it on 90% of his threads...

Cheers

We all know what kind of response will get 99% of his inquiries from now on then....ABSOLUTE ZERO on my end.

@manlikeg The sole purpose of this forum is for its members to help one another. By deleting your posts one by one and leaving random letters in their place, you are not only depriving other community members of a legitimate learning experience, but you are also spamming.

5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles.

Spam will be fined with post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1