lunawolf115

suggestions for view distance options

hello. :) ill try to keep this short but i had a few ideas i wanted to share.

myself, and allot of my friends, are pilots in arma 3. we have decent computers, so we prefered flying with increased view distance, but since the admin debug has been disabled we no longer can see very far at all since were stuck at 1500 view distance in public zeuses. this has affected our ability to scout ahead, accurately lock with weapons, and engage from greater ranges/heights. with that in mind allow me to suggest three possible fixes for this problem.

solution 1: if there was an option to set the default view distance for a server in the parameters, before the mission begins, it would allow players to decide their comfortable distance to balance performance and visual quality, and aleviate the constant fog plagueing pilots in public zeuses.

solution 2: if it were somehow possible to code the game to allow a players personal view distance setting in their options menu to decide their client side view distance level, without it adversely affecting other players or destableizeing the engine, it would mean that the guy with a very powerful pc could have maximum view distance without causeing me to crash and vice versa.

solution 3: this one is a bit iffy but ment as a last resort if previous two are impossible. perhaps if the zeus had a view distance module that runs the same remote exec script used before debug console was lost, it would allow for editing of view distance mid mission, and the players can kick the zeus in worst case of him refuseing to lower it if they are experienceing issues.

if you have read this i thank you for your time and hope you will consider my request.

sincerely

501st airborne division (arma 3 unit)

There are scripted in game gui systems for this that can either automatically set the vd when piloting or allow you to set it

10 hours ago, terox said:

There are scripted in game gui systems for this that can either automatically set the vd when piloting or allow you to set it

im talking about in public servers where debug console is disabled and there is no scripting.